Bonjour

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by philes, Jul 18, 2009.

1. philes

philes Regular Member

Guest House Owner
    I am Philippe and am 57 years old.I have been playing badminton since 1968 and played for the Mauritius Badminton team from 1971 to 1985.I have won several national competitions and although being mainly a doubles player i also won the Mauritius open men's singles title in 1975.My main achievement was the Gold medal in Men's doubles at the 1985 Indian Ocean games

I have had to have major surgery in Germany in 2006 to reconstruct my shoulder and repair torn rotator cuffs and cartilage as well as widening the acromoclavicular space.The surgery was a success and fortunately after a rehabilitation period of 6 months i was able to start playing again and i now play at club level twice a week.This year again i will represent the bank where i work in the national intercompany badminton tournament

Although my shoulder is fine i now suffer from a beginning of arthritis in the right knee and i have been reading with interest all those forums on knee pain

I guess there is no cure for arthritis and despite the discomfort i will continue to play badminton for as long as i can as for me it's the greatest sport in the world

2. fitnessguy

fitnessguy Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to BC :)
    sorry to hear about your knee :(
    have fun surfing on this site :)

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Bonjour monsieur et bienvenue a Badminton Central.:)
    Nous profiterions de votre experience, sans doubte.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, philes (Philippe)!:)..It's great to hear your story and past achievements. Glad to hear you've recovered well after your surgery but at the same time hope you'll get around your current arthritic knee problem. I'm sure a lot of BCers will get some inspiration from your dedication & passion in playing baddy.
    On that note, hope you'll visit us often and keep enjoying this forum!;):cool: