Malaysian Juniors 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, Jan 30, 2008.

1. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

well... since u asked?

Yes.. i do

feel that the girls are making their presence felt in Malaysia soon.
    But if u asked me how long i could not answer u ,as all depend on what BAM can do ? If u are free next March 2010 go and see the Asia Junior in Kuala Lumpur and then maybe post yr live comment. U will see some of our Junior girls in action then.

As for Ramdan, what i notice is he has fine wrist work and this is important to an growing player. As I said b4, Good coach, good training and good programme is important on top of talent.

So why asked for time frame. Malaysian Player normally take longer tijme to mature. LCW went to top abt 23years old. WPT?CEH only around 26/27. WMC reasonable result at 23 year old.

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

The Malaysian subsidy mentality ...

Not only in sports but in everyday life, the Koreans are disciplined.

In the 60s, Malaysia were considered one of Asia's emerging tiger economy. Our gdp then were ahead of S Korea. But today, we turned out to be a donkey rather than a tiger. S Korea have overtook us decades ago. The are ahead of us in basically everything.

In sports, look across the board and you will see us trailing the Koreans.

If we take a look back at the WJC, on the day of the final, if I am not wrong I saw Mohd Shawal sitting on the bench with a t-shirt rather than the official tracksuit or uniform. Now what kind of kampung mentality is that? The boy is representing his country, not his social club. Discipline, this is what we are severely lacking. For this, I blame the coach YKH and those officials from BAM for not being serious about discipline. No wonder coaches of repute like Morten Frost, Li Mao all packed their bags and left in a huff.

3. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

I seriously feel that the PRESS should print some of these post which constitutes the public opinion , It is important for BAM to accept criticism to improve.

This is for the future of badminton. Hopefully all these will be taken up by the official of BAM and act upon it.

4. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Tee Jing Yi, Sonia Cheah, Yang Li Lian, Florah Ng, Yew Khong Heng, Ng Hui Ern, Lai Pei Jing, Ong Boon Hui and Jemie Lai.

The above are our girls who participated in the WJC recently in AS. If I left out anyone, please shout.

Now, thank you for your reply. But lets not put everything on BAM's shoulders. These girls got to pull their own weight too. BAM can provide them the coaching, the support, the exposure and guidance BUT these girls got to have it in them that they themselves want to achieve success too. To make it at the senior level and be successful (by successful, I mean competing well and winning some SS titles along the way), these girls need to be disciplined, determined & have the talent as well, coupled with BAM's support/coaching etc.

As such, I am sorry I dont agree with your whether these girls make or break depends solely on BAM. To me thats a cop out.

Lets see when the above mentioned girls reached the age of 24 -27 whether they make the grade or not. It will be interesting.

The same goes for Ramdan too. Lets see how he fare as a shuttler when he is around 25. I hope the lad and the above mentioned girls will still be around, not fade away into obscurity.

5. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

aiyoo... as i said b4 ,no one is putting the sole blame on BAM but the want of BAM to recognise a problem when existed.

Of course talent is important as in the case of Lee Yong Dae but without a proper system... talent is also wasted.

I did not said that all these girls can make it but i did mentioned there are some real good one there. Some of those i mentioned will still play for the next two years.

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I be honest here...

With respect, I be blunt and straight forward here.

I dont need to go to a stadium to watch our girls play live to judge whether they have talent or not. I can do that on the telly. From what I have seen, our girls are just average. The majority of them will fade away in a few years time. Those who remained will be lambs for slaughter in any competition we sent them.

I dont see any of them have the potential to make it to a SS semi final in the future. And should any of the girls mentioned make it to a SS semi final, I will personally buy you a badminton racquet of your choice and have it delivered right to your doorstep.

7. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

ha...ha.. deal. ok i will give u my add. once these happened ok. Maybe my grandchild will pick up badminton then.

8. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

We already got a problem. Our so-called 'factory' despite all the money invested is producing fairly average shuttlers.

Our girls, some real good ones?? Maybe you need to up the standard higher. We are talking about competing against the world, not against shuttlers from Kuala Pilah, Besut, Tangkak or Batu Road.

Ok dude, I gotta go and watch Kelantan vs NS on tv.

9. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hmmm, isnt Yew KH a guy, our BD player? The confusion is on Yew's age, whether he can still play in WJC/AJC/OG Youth Games next year.

btw, gemini12, you have any idea what has happened to Chooi's AJC partner Yeoh Choong Yee? Is Yeoh injured or gone further studies? In WJC & in the recent Terengganu Open, he did not participate.
    Same goes for Tan Wee Tat's AJC partner : Lau Win Hwi. Is Lau a younger junior? oh, Lau now partner Goh Sze Onn.

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=5A049200-D51A-4F31-96FA-07FED7F88715&draw=9

10. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

I think Yew is 17 years old this year as quoted in the newpaper and he is eligible to play next year.

Yeoh Chong Yee and Lau is already 18.

11. eaglehelang

If one had followed the 2009 AJC or just look at the Tourney software, one would know that Ow YH/Yew KH are AJC runner-up in BD, losing to Indonesia's Angga/Rendy in finals. And Ow/Yew had been partners for a long time bf Yap KH paired Ow with Chooi for WJC.

For 2009 WJC, Yew played XD only, with Ong Boon Hui.

#331 eaglehelang, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Lets go a little deeper ...

LYD has real talent, plus he is determined and disciplined.

Our current juniors have so-so talent (which I think is only good at advanced state level but not senior international). Determination wise, our juniors are neither here nor there. Discipline wise, I think busy sending sms-es, playing with handphones etc or being in t-shirt while on the bench kinda put the discipline thingy up in smoke.

Ok, now look at the system, our system.

Our facilities i.e. training centres/equipment are all 1st class. We engaged the best coaches out there. The government support and funding to the game is second to none. Why is it that despite all these, we are still churning out average run of the mill shuttlers?

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have to correct you a little here, it should be Yew H(ong) K(heng), not Yew KH.

There must be a typo in the BWF list which indeed stated Yew HK as a female player, when in fact, he's male. He was registered to play in XD with Ong Boon Hui.

Also, Yew HK has been playing BD & MD in several tourneys this year:
    1. Malaysia SS, Thailand International Series, Malaysia GP Gold, AJC - with Ow Yao Han.
    2. Vietnam GP - with Tan Wee Tat

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

..and there is no MAS female player named Yew Khong Heng, which I think led to eagehelang making the follow-up mistake of referring to Yew KH (when in fact, it should be Yew HK).

In the BWF list of players for the WJC Team Event, Yew Hong Kheng was listed as a female player, when in fact, most of us following the AJC and WJC know for sure that Yew is a male player! I hope this will end the misunderstanding.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

Limsy, at the rate you post, we recognize you as a senior in BC:D:p

Limsy, everyone is looking at your post counts, than what you are posting...hahaha!!!:D:p

That's a major achievement...average 24.17 posts and 17.23 posts per day respectively...Malaysia Boleh!!!:D:p

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

... and I humbly bow and acknowledged the typo. A thousand apologies.

17. eaglehelang

Thanks for the clarification, eagle's eyes getting old, got the KH and HK switched :D. The BWF rankings also list Ow/Yew in MD.
    I saw the excel file that lists the players, Yew is listed in XD, Ong Boon Hui for sure is female, as Ong also plays WD,cant have 2 female play XD or 1 male, 1 female play WD.

Anyway, there's only one Msian junior with surname Yew. Ow/Yew been partners long before AJC, those who been following this thread or juniors results will for sure know.

18. eaglehelang

Ok, thanks. That leaves Goh Jian Hao/Pang Zheng Lin.
    Oops, that means Pang is already 18 since Chooi and Pang already participate 2 WJC.
    Then that case....next year Goh most probably partner Tan Wee Tat as 2nd BD, unless got some better juniors.:)

BD list settle, GD : In 2010, Lai Pei Jing & Shevon should still be eligible.
    Hui Ern should be moving up to back up to join Hui Lin.
    haha, I hope they wouldnt ask Sonia & Yang Li LIan play GD

19. keigo911

keigo911 Regular Member

Research Student
    here comes the main point = mindset...
    and even rexy has quote this many many times b4... :)

I would say the mindset/discipline did makes the difference... Banning those item in this new era is abit over (for them to get relax and not too tensed), yet the control is important...

I just say something in the other way around, not to talk on behalf of BAM...
    This is becoz i have something in mind mind after discussion with a ex-MAS coach who came over M'sia recently in WJC...
    The main prob comes with the players and parents, not the body... although the body should have come out with a better solution...

y said so? the coach actually move away coz he felt not happy, no satisfaction while coaching MAS team...
    He cant implement the method to the players, coz the parents plays a role to complain whenever something happen to their children
    What i shall emphasize here is, the MAS players are actually being too pampered... until they forgot how important to strive for success...

Agree... self-effort is more important than anything else in order to success...

20. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

I would like to say dont listen to one side of the story.

I believe the coach u spoke about left because of his wrong doing and it got nothing to do with the players, coaches and parents.

No parents are ever allowed to interfere with BAM programme or selection.

Hv u ever thought that good coaches never spoke abt their players,organisation or parents to the public. They even avoid parents let alone public.

#340 gemini12, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009