Yonex Ti-10 Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by surge, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

24lbs. I dunno, it depends on the skill of the stringer. Make sure, the stringer has a good reputation. ;)

2. Wan Njang

Wan Njang Regular Member

Gomen Staff
    I have both 2nd n 3rd gen and planning to add one more but dunno which gen. Which one is more durable u think?

3. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

For sure 3rd Gen is more durable, the 2nd gen chips easily, especially the white paint.

4. Wan Njang

Wan Njang Regular Member

Gomen Staff
    But I heard that the 3rd gen is more fragile compare to the 2nd gen one

5. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

There's no way to know the durabilty unless you are wiling to sacrifice the 2 racquets and subject it to compression forces using e.g. Instron machine and see how many Newtons it takes to break the racquet.

Then you can say X breaks at 100N and Y breaks at 90N, therefore X is more durable than Y. :D

Or try asking the manufacturer [Yonex] for their specs or durability data?

6. Jesus

Jesus Regular Member

AFAIK, 2nd and 3rd gen both also not durable. if want durable better get some other non yonex racket as replacement ie. victor brave sword 09, fleet woven 888, wilson ktour, rsl diamond x3, apacs amp90, kason tsf 300... they all are good rackets and can string at high tension with official guaranty

7. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

I would just like to say many thanks to all who posted their views about the Ti10 as I was sitting on the fence on whether to purchase it... info here is really informative and helpful. Really appreciate it!

Actually I am planning to get both the 2nd and 3rd gen + the Armortec 700 Ltd, 3 rackets together at one go from my regular badminton shop, Gala Sports, Queensway. They will give me MORE discounts this way I reckon and besides I already bought 3 rackets from them this year in a span of 6 weeks hehe.. 2 actually as the 3rd one was a gift but bought from them also (ArcSaber10, NanoSpeed 9900, Armortec 900 Power).

They have both the 2nd gen and 3rd gen Ti10 on sale there.. both at the same price. Prior to reading this thread I managed to have a feel of both of them. Felt that the 2nd gen yellow is head heavier than the 3rd gen purple. Actual playability of the rackets will be at the courts when I have them in my possession. Cosmetics wise the purple is more appealing otherwise they looks the same with different colours..

Now I have to look for reviews here about the Armortec 700 Ltd..

8. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    hi,
    Can ti1- 2nd gen still can be found in queensway shoppping complex? Nowadays is hard to find ti1o 2nd gen.

9. yashirob

yashirob Regular Member

student
    anyone knows the if ti 10 3rd gen g4 and g5 version which one better. any significant difference like g5 making the racket more head heavy? i got a g4 w/o checking. it keeps playing on my mind that g5 might be better and im getting abit regretful.

anyway aramistuscany, gala sports is on which level? are their ti10s g5 or g4? wats the best price u were quoted there?

hey gancy, i think the 2nd gen are still avail. saw quite a few when i went there 1.5 months ago. theres 1 at 10&10, bras brasa complex too.

10. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

i have ti-10 3rd gen, 3UG5, it's feels very fast on defense yet able to give good power for smashes, while i haven't tried a G4 before, i do know that if i use 2 layers of grip, there is less power from smashes. Thinner grip works for me.

11. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    hey there, i see you have quite a collection. which one do you usually play with out of the arc10, ns9.9k, at900p? the ti10 (2nd/3rd) dont seem to fit into the arc10 as the arc10 is less stiff, bigger framed, and heavier. and at900p is head heavy and the new ti10s are head light (but it feels more balanced)
    other than collecting wouldnt you prefer to buy a racket that you are familiar and comfortable with? :D

12. aramistuscany

Gala Sports
    #01-33 Queensway Shopping Centre
    Tel: 6476 1227

They quoted me $175 each for both 2nd & 3rd gen incl. strings (excl high-end, high-end will have to top-up a bit) and any grip in the shop. As a regular customer I will probably get lower than that.. not sure what price they will offer for new customers.

Anyway when I go there I buy a whole bunch of things and they will give discounts for individual items and after totalling it up will give me further discounts. Probably also I pay in cash and do not use my credit cards or NETS. I help them defray the transaction cost and they past on the savings to me.

I go back to them because they give me good service and also importantly how they string my rackets and the priority they give to me. I have been to quite a few shops around Singapore and somehow the way the propreitor string the rackets just puts me off.

13. aramistuscany

Currently using NS9900 alot while warming up with AT900P. Couple of weeks back ArcSaber 10. I will get back to you when I have the chance to play with the Ti10s.

Ummm I would not consider myself a collector.. I will when I buy the entire range of Yonex rackets ;)

All my life I have only used Yonex rackets and never had the inclination of using other brands. Rackets in the past I used and was comfortable with are out of production so I am trying the 'later' model Yonex rackets now.

14. aramistuscany

Currently using NS9900 alot while warming up with AT900P. Couple of weeks back ArcSaber 10. I will get back to you when I have the chance to play with the Ti10s.

Ummm I would not consider myself a collector.. I will when I buy the entire range of Yonex rackets ;)

All my life I have only used Yonex rackets and never had the inclination of using other brands. Rackets in the past I used and was comfortable with are out of production so I am trying the 'later' model Yonex rackets now.

15. Wan Njang

Wan Njang Regular Member

Gomen Staff
    Ya la...i think u r right. Made my decision already...going to buy one more Ti10 3rd gen...:D

16. nicholasl

nicholasl Regular Member

Government Sector
    All 3 shops in queensway have the 2nd gen ti10 at the moment.

17. gancy

gancy Regular Member

TE
    Hi,
    Can u name which are three shop name? What spec do they have 3Ug5 / G4?

18. aramistuscany

Just got both my 2nd and 3rd gen Ti10 last week both 3UG5.

Not sure what other specs are available in Queensway but I was told by the staff where I bought my rackets that if you need other specs that is not in stock they can order it for you. Was also informed that the 2Us are rare and that Yonex manufactures something like one out of every hundred in a batch.

Those looking for the 2nd gen try to get them quick as very soon the scarcity of the rackets will be even more acute.

I got a Yonex racket chart here compliments from Sports Life (Yonex showroom in Far East Plaza) and it listed the current 3rd gen Ti 10 comes in 2U and 3U. No idea for 2nd gen if it comes in 2U. It also listed the Titanium 10 "For advanced players looking for ultimate control & solid feeling".

Yonex rating Ti10: F5, P5, C5

Flex: Stiff F5 <---> F1 Flexible
    Power: Excellent P5 <---> P1 Medium
    Control: Excellent C5 <---> C1 Medium

19. nicholasl

nicholasl Regular Member

Government Sector
    Chua beng have both G5 and G4.
    Gala sports I'm not very sure what grip they have but they still carry ti10 2nd gen.
    There's 1 more shop at lvl 2 have ti10 too. Forget the name liao.

20. aramistuscany

I bought my rackets at Gala Sports, Queensway by the way together with an Armortec 700 Ltd.