JJS/LYD - Road to the WR #1

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by narnia, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Maybe they got pressure at that time (SSF) realising that KKK/TBH is in coming trail mode.......

But they do beat KKK/TBH in the next tourney (MO2009). I think that is what KKK/TBH lack of...

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if u watch all the match...mean u are in stadium right???or are there any live stream???:rolleyes:

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Hmmm, if counting just SS titles, LYD/JJS won 4 out of 6 SS they participated in 2008 = 66.67%, the highest % among all MD pairs. If taking into account all tourneys they participated in 2008 (GP upwards) = they won 5 out of 10 (including OG) = 50%, also the highest %. MK/Hendra is a close 2nd = 5 out of 12 = 41.67% (including OG), but of course they already have the WC & coveted OG gold in MD.

2008 was a very good year for LYD/JJS after the slump in 2007 = winning only 1 out of 14:p.

If we count the 2 yr period, 2007 & 2008, MK/Hendra is the most consistent in winning titles = winning 30% of all tourneys they participated, that's why currently they're still WR#1 ;)

#63 eaglehelang, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe...nice shoot...^^...

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Pressured???..

...because KKK & TBH are on a "comeback trail" mode??...what "comeback trail" mode??...;)

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If LYD has a better partner, that pair would be awesome. Luckily for other pairs, there is yet to be someone better for LYD in Korea. (The same goes for the his XD pairing.)

7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

You were saying about the match against the ENG team of SF. I watched all the games of the match by live streaming. :)

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Thanks for the stats. One thing to be added: MK/HS lost all the matches including Thomas Cup against JJS/LYD since 2008.

9. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, I had similar thought like you as JJS shows ongoing weakness in his defense. But with current asset for the KOR squad, JJS is the best partner as they are completing best partnership through a number of plays together since 2006. If LYD get to have a new partner, they might need to spend, say, a year around to make best combination. IMO, if they can keep their dominance through this year too, the partnership will continue at least to the Asian Games in 2010. :)

#69 narnia, Jan 12, 2009
  10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    My guess is, and this is a wild guess, LYD will be reunited with Cho Gun Woo some time in the future, and will form a legendary pair.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    LJJ is better than jjs...ya...cgw will make lyd a legend...

12. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Hmm, I guess in 2008 MK/HS played against JJS/LYD less then 4 times? correct me if i'm wrong, it's still lesser then the number of times MK/HS played against KKK/TBH where they loss 5 times consecutively but finally won it at their 6th & 7th encounter , that's the good thing about MK/HS, they never give up:) I believe they will be able to win against JJS/LYD soon:) I always like LYD/JJS for their aggressive style of play, I mean, hey, who can't resist LYD super cute face:p, but I always have soft spot for MK/HS, probably because of their can-do attitude, low profile & "underdog" position (previously some ppl still think they don't really deserve the world champion title when they won it in 2007, only after Olympic and the many SS they emerged as the winner -I think around 16 SS titles in their career so far - then ppl start to think differently):)

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's not lack of strength but change of tactics by kkk/tbh.
    During SSF,when i watched courtside how jjs/lyd played, I realised they are the biggest duo-dimensional attack & defend MD machine.They intimidate their opponents with relentless power and speed.The way to deal with machines is to quickly locate the switch off button and then break it down, if only temporarily.
    That's what coach Pang directed and kkk/tbh executed to perfection.kkk/tbh has quite a weapon range(more than KOR MD) and when they engaged in flat play persistently,the KOR power was switched off.(Whenever the shuttle lands in front of lyd at shoulder level, he's likely to make a error. If not the first shot, then the second but the third should do it.That's why the flat play has to be persistent to elicit the error.That's lyd's key weakness and a most vulnerable one.Definitely the way to close a match against lyd.But the MD needs high class skills and both INA and MAS have those.)
    Not only that, kkk/tbh naughtily threw the key quite far away so lyd took some time to find the key. By the time he found it, the match was over.(In MO09, kkk lost his naughtiness because of Rexy's presence so lyd caught up just in time.)
    jjs/lyd can be beaten quite easily with thoughtful tactics executed perfectly. That's because KOR MD are rote-trained(like CHN)So if their opponents just change the syllabus a bit here and there and every now and then, they can get thrown off-course and out.Trouble is their opponents usually forget or are too lazy to change the syllabus, that's why lyd wins.
    Having said that,I'm delighted badminton has lyd as the superstar.He looks absolutely dashing and his celebrity status in KOR can only make badminton more popular, so hurray for Super Dae!
    But i wouldn't count on lyd/jjs to dominate.It's hard to maintain such a machine for 5 matches in a row.That's how they lost in SSF.In SSF, lyd had 4 gruelling matches before they met kkk/tbh. kkk/tbh had tougher opponents(all top MDs) but their matches were not gruelling because it seems they think better and play smarter when they are in holiday mood and away from Rexy.Coach Pang's definitely a better tournament guide for them although Rexy's no doubt a super class training coach.

14. eaglehelang

The head to head between pairs are not considered in counting the titles they won, doesnt matter who they played against to win the title/match, so to speak. If they participate & win the title, then it's counted as a win :p:p .

But my list doesnt include Team events like 2007 Surdirman Cup & 2008 Thomas Cup (where China won the title). In any case, LYS/JJS have done very well in 2008 in terms of winning titles.

#74 eaglehelang, Jan 12, 2009
  15. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    JUNG JAE SUNG/LEE YONG DAE
    - All England Champion, beat Hwang Ji Man/Lee Jae Jin 20-22,21-19,21-18
    - Swiss Open Champion, beat Markis Kido/H. Setiawan 17-21,21-16,21-13
    - China Open Champion, beat C. Mogensen/Mathias Boe 17-21, 21-17, 21-13
    - Hong Kong Open Champion, beat The Fuzzy 25-23, 19-21, 22-20

MARKIS KIDO/HENDRA SETIAWAN
    - Malaysia Open Champion, beat L. Paaske/J. Rasmussen 21-10,20-22,21-18
    - China Master Champion, beat Sun Junjie/Xu Chen 21-17,24-22
    - Denmark Open Champion, beat Fu Haifeng/Shen Ye 21-18, 21-19
    - French Open Champion, beat Cai Yun/ Xu Chen 21-15, 21-12

I must say that JJS/LYD are The King of Rubber Game, and they are mentally strong to coop the pressure.

16. eaglehelang

That would be under another category of discussion, some of which already hotly debated in MK/Hendra's thread :p:p. My response was to : Narnia was pointing out Mk/Hendra lost to LYD/JJS in every encounter since TC 2008, which is head to head stats between pairs, not who won titles.

By % of winning titles, LYD/JJS are tops in 2008, MK/Hendra 2nd highest %. In terms of winning major titles like WC 2007, OG 2008, then MK/Hendra is tops, just depends which stats one wants to look at.:D

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

not just mentally, but mentally and physically strong as well;)

18. kirana

kirana Regular Member

Before 2008, how is their head to head stats? I only remember they met at World Championsip 2007 Final where MK/HS emerged as the winner.

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

JJS/LYD in 2009 KOR Open:

Attached Files:

20. narnia

narnia Regular Member

WR-MD After 2009 MAS OPEN

Attached Files: