Taufik Hidayat

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, May 12, 2006.

1. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    No harm seeing him beating ld in wc and ag again. ;)

[video=vimeo;22193273]http://vimeo.com/22193273[/video]

2. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Oh my.. a very touching tears of joy of Taufik 2004.

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

It would be nice to see Taufik Hidayat play like that! :)

4. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

This is the man that inspired me to take badminton seriously.....will always be a hero to me.

5. drew tze en

Same here and another players like PG, LCW, LD and CL
    I am more inspired by Taufik's Backhand :) Definitely his Backhand smash :)

6. Renmazuo27

Yes! it was his revered backhand that got my attention. I was fortunate enough to see glimpses of it during the Australian open.

7. drew tze en

Ah!! You are living in Australia... I have a question.... How big is the hall? From videos I have seen the hall/arena the tournament is in. It looks really small!!!
    I met TH, he is friendly... :)

8. Renmazuo27

It's actually quite large, they had a total of 5 playing courts and another 10 or 12 warm up courts. The amount of seating stands itself was probably quite small but the hall itself was large.

I had to fly from Perth, Western Australia to see the Australian Open. It was worth it as I managed to get a picture with Taufik himself. He is a very nice and humble guy but I felt kinda guilty asking for a pic because I think he was about to head into the warm up area after picking up his racket.

9. drew tze en

Oh really? Thank you for the information. The seating area looks small probably not as big as the NIA in England.

I have been to Perth... Nice area :)
    I felt really awkward when I met Taufik... I had a notepad in my bag and I didn't have my bag with me. I wanted his autograph, plus I didn't have a camera or phone. I awkwardly said "hey" to him and he said "hey" back. hahahaha. This was during the BWF World Championships 2011

Later that day I met him and I got his autography. I got LD, PG and TH but I didn't get LCW... I was so annoyed !!!!

10. Renmazuo27

Seating area is definitely nowhere near the capacity of the NIA in England. They could've put more seats down in my opinion.

It is a bit nerve-wracking addressing your heroes, I actually ended up addressing him as "Mr Hidayat." I came prepared with my DSLR and little point-and-shoot camera for those "can I have pic" with you moments, to save my friend fumbling around with my DSLR.

Man, you almost got the complete quadrilogy of badminton legends. I'm sure you'll get Lee Chong Wei next time, he'll be around for a little while yet me thinks.

11. jks_niceguy

jks_niceguy Regular Member

Another sad news from TH, he retired at first round of BAC 2012. TH knew that he is not young and his physic is not at the top anymore, then why force himself to plays in too many tournaments.
    Only to loose at the first round. Too bad....

12. Renmazuo27

But he just beat a crop of young guys during the Axiata cup finals?

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Taufik pulls out of the 2012 Badminton Asia Championships

I have just posted the news about Taufik pulling out of the 2012 Badminton Asia Championships in this link:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...-Quarter-Finals-matches?p=1883184#post1883184

14. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Taufik. His name remains not only popular but always strikes the minds of fans and amateur badminton followers as 'genius'.

To me he is and will always be the youngest player to be a 'child prodigy'. Unlike LCW who was only romp into BAM around 17ish. Too many that is considered late. But LCW turn out to be a late bloomer. In fact a world champion late bloomer.

Taufik, though a 'prodigy' due to his burst not only into the badminton scene but also scalped a handful of senior players who possessed much more experienced and 'worth of salt' than him - in this still slows down due to age.

And I am afraid that will ultimately happen to LCW too. No matter how much of a genius or talented player you are. As age comes up against you, you are no longer able to sustain and recover from training, don't even talk about tournaments.

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Taufik warns of English challenge after winning Axiata Cup
    Sunday, April 15, 2012

http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=61912

Excerpts:

Taufik Hidayat has taken on the persona of elder brother to his teammates and like an elder sibling, he knows when to encourage and when to chide them.

...“I consider all of them to be part of my (Indonesian) family and I want them to do well. Unfortunately, right now, only our doubles pairs have shown better results,” said Taufik, who posed for pictures with his daughter Natarina Alika Hidayat (above), after Sunday’s finals.

The former Asian champion explained the Thomas Cup would be a much harder after Indonesia were drawn to meet China and England in the group stages.

“Only the top two teams will progress to the quarter-finals and we cannot underestimate the English team. It would be easy and this is why I hope the younger singles players will be able to rise to the challenge from now till then,”

...Taufik is the only player to have played in all six matches in the Axiata Cup and he finished with a 100% winning record.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    taufik-hidayat-indonesia-returns-shot-20120425-062414-875.jpg
    Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia returns a shot against Yu Hun of Hong Kong during the Yonex-Sunrise India Open 2012 badminton tournament at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi on April 25, 2012. AFP PHOTO/ MANAN VATSYAYANA (Photo credit should read MANAN VATSYAYANA/AFP/Getty Images)

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Hidayat: I can still win Olympics
    By Shrikant Shankar
    Wednesday 25th April 2012

http://www.espnstar.com/other-sport...item792275/Hidayat:-I-can-still-win-Olympics/

Excerpts:

...Hidayat beat Yun Hu of Hong Kong 21-11, 21-19 in the ongoing Indian Open Super Series badminton championships at the Siri Fort Sports Complex in New Delhi on Wednesday. “Yes, I have a chance of winning the Olympics. Every player who plays in the Olympics has a chance to win,” said the 7th seed after winning the match.

“Sometimes you have luck. Like in 2004, my ranking was 16 but I managed to win. You need luck to win big tournaments,” added Hidayat. “I mean, it’s not only luck. You need to perform also. But the most important thing is talent.”

The London Olympics will be Hidayat’s fourth Games and he said this could be his last chance. “I’ll be too old in another four years’ time. So, probably this could be my last shot at another Olympics gold medal,” he quipped.

...Last year, the Indonesian maestro lost in the quarter-finals at the Indian Open. Asked about his possibilities this time around he said, “I want to take it one game at a time. I will concentrate on tomorrow’s opponent. I’m playing Zhengming Wang of China. If I win then I play world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, so not looking too far ahead.”

18. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

I think, if Taufik can win any medal in this coming olympic(gold, silver, or bronze), It is already considered as a surprise. At this state, i'm not sure if he can beat Chen Long to get Bronze. Hopefully Chen Long choked at the olympic.

19. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Sir Taufik, please win gold in this coming olympics and silence all your critics, ESPECIALLY MIQILIN7 aka MIQI MOUSE

20. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Realistically, I think a bronze will be as good as it gets, but that in itself will be quite an achievement for TH.