Hafiz Hashim: A new chapter after leaving BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by jimbo, Mar 16, 2011.

1. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Agreed, he usually loses when he turns on his slow reactive game.
    The only game he really impressed me was with Lin Dan where he could have won in 2 straight sets but LD turned on the afterburners when down at 18 - 15 and won 18 -21 in the second set. Third set no need to mention ;)

2. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Heard Hafiz Hashim is retiring soon...

If he is, I must say it's been a rocky career for the once feared player.

Thank you for winning the All England in 2003 and the commonwealth gold medal.

Although your game suffered a lot after AE'03, you still delivered the final blow very well in that match 9 years ago and LCW remains the only player to win AE for MAS til today.

If only you had the right attitude and mentality from then on, you could have conqueroed the world there after... sigh..

Neverthelessss.............. wish you a good retirement(if you are heading that way), You are still better than all the juniors we have today who could only dream of winning an AE title.

I bet you could have beaten LD on your AE'03 form (cough, lol jk).... but it just wasn't to be Mr. YoyO..

May the yO yO live on ~~~

peace out.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online >
    Wednesday November 14, 2012

Top seed Hafiz just wants to have fun in last tourney

KUALA LUMPUR: Former All-England champion Mohd Hafiz Hashim is the top seed in the Malaysia International Challenge starting at Unimas Indoor Stadium, Kuching, today – but he may turn out to be an easy prey if his current form is anything to go by.

The Malaysia International Challenge is his first tournament since he aggravated an injury on his Achilles tendon after the China Masters in September.

“This is my last tournament for the year and my first appearance in two months. I just want to have some fun and see where I stand as far as my form is concerned. I have not set any targets although I am the top seed,” said Hafiz.

“I have taken steroid jabs to numb the pain. This is an old injury which flares up once a while.”
    Hafiz, who has nothing much to shout about in terms of results except for a semi-final finish at the Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold in June, said he would give himself one more year to see if he can succeed in the sport.
    “It all depends on my foot. If I am able to bear the pain, I’ll give it a shot in 2013,” he said.
    If Hafiz hangs up his racquet, he will take up coaching.

He had spent three weeks in Pune, India, as a coach with a club in August and conducts private coaching in his free time.
    “The India coaching stint was a good experience. I had to come out with the training programme for the academy ... felt like a chief coach,” he joked.

“I’m also doing some private coaching. It’s quite fun and something that I may fall back on. I do not have my own centre right now but I might look into starting one.”

In the Malaysian International Challenge, a host of back-up shuttlers who used to look up to him during his glory days, are eyeing Hafiz’s scalp.

They include seventh seed Goh Soon Huat, Nur Mohd Azriyn Ayub, Chan Kwong Beng, Zulfadli Zulkifli, second seed Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Loh Wei Sheng, Goh Giap Chin, Tan Kian Meng and Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin.
    Hafiz is the third notabable former international in the tournament – with the others being Wong Choong Hann and Kuan Beng Hong.

Former national No. 1 Choong Hann, who is ranked 218th in the world, has not played in any international tournaments since his first round defeat in the Vietnam Open in August.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/11/14/sports/12316952.asp&sec=

4. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    he was once a future of malaysian badminton but never fullfil his full potential... i think he wasted 7-8 years of his playing time after winning ae in 2003...but he's still one of malaysian stars who will be remembered for his stunning win and beautiful trick shoots at the ae 03 final.... :) hope after he retires, he will still contribute to malaysian development... i think hgis brother is also involve in coaching rite?

5. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Hafiz now playing in International Challenge?
    is it higher ranking than Super Series Premier??

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Ouch, hit a guy while he's down..;)

7. zamrioo2

zamrioo2 Regular Member

technician
    only he knows what he's experiencing... i guess players being tought how to absorb tense without spoken :)

8. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    yup... it is hard to absorb the pressure after winning major tournament... i think he found it difficult to do so compared to dlcw...

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Our former AE champion is playing in International challenge and it is lower than super series rather super series premier.
    And pls dont play2... He is the number 1 seed there..

10. danielwong

Salesman
    number 1 seed, so he gonna win the title??

11. george@chongwei

Most probably. I'm rooting for him to win.. Let's go HAFIZ let's go!

12. george@chongwei

Hafiz is in the final. Can he go all the way and win the title 2moro?

13. george@chongwei

wow, won the 1st set 21-3:eek:, but lost the 2nd and 3rd set in the final. INCREDIBLE:)

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

He lost the second set after leading 17-11. INCREDIBLE:)

15. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

actually was on facebook that i saw his post with tan chun seang, who both lost today finals( runner up for malaysian and norweigian IC) both are feeling down, but seems to be that tan would be back in malaysia for proper trainning next year

16. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

^Interesting, so it looks like as if they won't play in the german league next year again?

17. danielwong

Salesman
    Hafiz the Legend, always give us suprises....
    and also the unthinkable...
    achieves many milestone in badminton
    hope he can give us more suprises in the future :D

18. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

seriously a big surprise at such an age he manage to reach the finals. a bigger surprise for him to win the first set 21-3. and an even bigger surprise that he manage to lose the game.

sometimes a big too big a surprise that i find it hard to digest

19. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    One of the few rare occasions here that I can see Hafiz, showing rare glimpses that made him the All England champion some time ago. Hafiz, though yo-yo maybe his nickname, is not completely a fluke, just that he is beset with inconsistency, or rather, he could not keep up with the pace of improvement of others.

[video=youtube;pkTsZNPVO5Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkTsZNPVO5Y[/video]

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    photo.JPG

hafiz hashim is a champaion again !!!