CCC Badminton: Social@MSAC Wed 7:30pm-11:00pm

Discussion in 'CCC Badminton Club' started by chris-ccc, Dec 27, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Don't think of our CCC sessions just you; If unhappy, please leave our CCC sessions

The above post is to refer to how CCC Badsminton Club started to be formed.

I shall state again: Don't think of our CCC sessions just you; If unhappy, please leave our CCC sessions.

2. sagoh

sagoh Regular Member

actually i kinda like the existing format. maybe we need a roster like if u play the same team before u wait for the next team. this is a hard one

#8042 sagoh, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. sagoh

sagoh Regular Member

wow...chris...relax.. is just a constructive discussion..

#8043 sagoh, Nov 15, 2012
  4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

chris...relax.. is just a constructive discussion

Hehehe... I am as relaxed as I am. Yes, some of my comments may appear stated 'too strong'. :):):)

As you know, as you were once a CCC trainee, my intention is to form a club for our trainees. Somehow, many players/visitors do not know that; thinking that our 'social sessions' have nothing to do with our trainees.

This has to be made clear. :):):)

This is why I posted clubs that are catering just for social players (as commented in Post #8033). Besides registered clubs, there are many other groups (amongst friends) forming their own sessions.

I have complains from some trainees, telling me that they have been pushed aside, as more non-trainees are coming to play, and therefore pushing them aside.

#8044 chris-ccc, Nov 15, 2012
  5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I have complains from some trainees

Also, one of the reasons that we change to Epsilon (Yellow) is because some of our trainees involved in inter-school matches need to get used to them (as they are the shuttlecocks used at their matches).

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

7. 2101qq10

2101qq10 Regular Member

student
  8. jjlee118

jjlee118 Regular Member

Hi Guys,
    I must have missed an interesting session!
    I have known Chris for about 10 yrs now through badminton and i believe he has seen/done/run more badminton sessions than any of us. So although i was previously a 2009 Uni Club president, > 280 members on database, some sessions of > 80 members turning up, 8 courts, tournament, about 50 tubes usuge/mth, etc, i will defer to Chris on badminton matters because his experience in badminton matters is unquestionable.
    For eg, Format - undoubtably, Chris has been through all different formats before ending up with the current format. Shuttles - the current stock has to be used up, the players can let the organisor know the feel/quality for future reference, Use of shuttles - has to be controlled but i think the group is quite good in this regard (having in the past seen other players who use more shuttles than pros!).
    Players have to give and take and be more relaxed about the organising of games. For eg, sometimes, there are more players waiting on 1 court than the other, then the games have to be reorganised to make the wait time more even, although it may mean that some players may have to wait just a little longer for the reorganisaton to flow through. The players may wait longer this time but next time round, when the games are reorganised, they may benefit from it. Evens out in the end i think.
    Whatever organisation (reorganisation) that Chris does, i'm sure he does it to ensure the smooth operation of the session.
    Cheers and Onwards to the next session!

Hi CCCers,

We shall start our Booking List for Wednesday CCC at MSAC: 21-Nov-2012

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44th for this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (1) To welcome BadmintonCentral members to attend.
    (2) To ensure that players who have booked in would not be turned away.
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.
    Hope to have our 'Booking List' finalised by Tuesday 6:30pm.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Our CCC courts for this session:
    (2 courts to 11:00pm)
    (1) Court No.10.....from 7:30pm (3.5 hours)
    (2) Court No.11.....from 8:00pm (3.0 hours)
    giving us a total of 6.5 hours of court-time.

Booking List:
    * = Players who attended last session
    ( ) = Date when booking is made

(1) Wen Y*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (2) Alex H*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (3) Ajay T*...............(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (4) Sampson G*........(Thu 15 Nov 2012)
    (5) Jerry L ........(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)
    (FULL HOUSE: Maximum of 18 reached)

No Reserve List anymore:
    CCCers are to watch out for late withdrawals (after we have FULL HOUSE).

Partnership List
    Please fill in your names:

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel ?
    (4)
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks
    Brand: Epsilon (Yellow)

9. dhinaprakash

dhinaprakash Regular Member

Hi Guys,
    I must have missed an interesting session!
    I have known Chris for about 10 yrs now through badminton and i believe he has seen/done/run more badminton sessions than any of us. So although i was previously a 2009 Uni Club president, > 280 members on database, some sessions of > 80 members turning up, 8 courts, tournament, about 50 tubes usuge/mth, etc, i will defer to Chris on badminton matters because his experience in badminton matters is unquestionable.
    For eg, Format - undoubtably, Chris has been through all different formats before ending up with the current format. Shuttles - the current stock has to be used up, the players can let the organisor know the feel/quality for future reference, Use of shuttles - has to be controlled but i think the group is quite good in this regard (having in the past seen other players who use more shuttles than pros!).
    Players have to give and take and be more relaxed about the organising of games. For eg, sometimes, there are more players waiting on 1 court than the other, then the games have to be reorganised to make the wait time more even, although it may mean that some players may have to wait just a little longer for the reorganisaton to flow through. The players may wait longer this time but next time round, when the games are reorganised, they may benefit from it. Evens out in the end i think.
    Whatever organisation (reorganisation) that Chris does, i'm sure he does it to ensure the smooth operation of the session.
    Cheers and Onwards to the next session!

Hi CCCers,

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44thfor this year.

We do a Booking List:
    (3) To ensure that we have enough games for all players, it is best not to exceed 18 players.

Reminder:
    If you cannot attend, you will need to be removed before 4:30pm on Wednesday, otherwise you will be charged.
    Why? Because there are CCCers who are wishing to attend (checking to book in - up to the last hours) have found themselves missing out after we have FULL HOUSE.

For any questions about our CCC Badminton Club, please post to ask here (in this thread).

It's found that newer BCers do not know how to turn the pages of our thread. Just click on the page numbers found at the top or bottom section of this page.

Booking List:

(6) Dhina G*..............
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (9)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel ?
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Our internet connection in Melbourne is not great

OMG... Our internet connection in Melbourne is not great. :(:(:(

My post has been multiplied.. Hahaha.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I keep saying that CCC is really for our CCC trainees, but......

Thank you Jerry for your kind words.

You were there (10 years ago) when we formulated our CCC policy. :):):)

Much has been happened since then. But, we shall keep to that policy; which is to promote Badminton to more players.

Although I keep saying that CCC is really for our CCC trainees, but we shall also welcome non-trainees to participate in our social sessions.

15. danielskovli

danielskovli Regular Member

Animator
    Chris,

I am not happy with the way you are handling the criticism that has come to life this week. As you will have noticed on Wednesday night, I have no personal objections against you or the way the sessions are run. You are extrapolating this issue into astronomical proportions.

Also, I have been a supporter of you and CCC for years, and I do not appreciate the numerous posts where you quite literally tell me (and I assume others) to quit and find other clubs to play with. If this is the way you really feel, there seems to be very little point to opening this dialogue.

Even though I feel mildly insulted by your attitude, I think it is more worrying that you are trying to pass the off financial breakdown I supplied as wrong or inconclusive. Realistically you pocket around $150 every Wednesday (before shuttle expenses) and you only need 2 participants on Sundays to break even.

I totally understand that you wish to make a small profit, I would feel the same in your position, but I do not appreciate the lying around this issue. Do not try to pass CCC off as 'breaking even' when that is very clearly not the case.

In regards to CCC being a coaching club: awesome, great, fantastic. How is it you feel that I have neglected your philosophies in my conversations with you?

PS: I play for Wesley on Mondays, and I am extremely happy with the price, format and level of play. Why should that exclude me for playing with you? I have not once complained about your price or the structure of the games, this started as an argument between you and Alex and has just gotten way out of hand.

16. danielskovli

danielskovli Regular Member

Animator
    Hi CCCers,

It's our 241st Wednesday Social Session at MSAC (after we have moved here permanently); and it's our 44thfor this year.

We do a Booking List:

Reminder:

Booking List:

(6) Dhina G*..............
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (7) Tejas H................
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (8) Sri Kiran G*..........
    (Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (9) Daniel S*..............(Fri 16 Nov 2012)
    (10)
    (11)
    (12)
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)
    (16)
    (17)
    (18)

No Reserve List anymore:

Partnership List

(1) Wen Y + Alex H
    (2) Ajay T + Sampson G
    (3) Jerry L + Daniel
    (4) Dhina G + Tejas H
    (5)
    (6)
    (7)
    (8)
    (9)

Shuttlecocks

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Yes, I have put in some strong (but simple) words in my posts.

The main issue is "If unhappy with how CCC is run/organised, then why play at CCC?".

It's directed to everyone, but unfortunately you have found it directed just to you. No, that's not the case. It's only directed to anyone unhappy playing with us.

The other pressure that come from our trainees is they have found themselves being pushed aside. And that, it needed to be stated (therefore I mentioned it). I actually prefer all who have attended our CCC CATS to attend. Why? Because they understand what CCC stands for. But, trainees are not reliable to attend our night session, therefore we have always welcomed non-trainees to attend our Social games.

You have been to our CCC CATS, therefore you understand what CCC is about. :):):)

Others who don't understand might not be coming in the future.

What got me mad and angry at our last session was when I told all to discuss matters at our forum, it was not accepted with understanding.

We always wish for our club matters to be open and transparent. Why? Because not a CCCers are present. Only when we post matters in our forum, then can all CCCers know what's happening and we hope that they will comment/vote about issues.

The issue of shuttlecocks was informed to all quite plainly. We have 40 tubes of this batch remaining to be used (and it's estimated to last until the end of our Summer season). Therefore, if players do not like the shuttlecocks, then please don't play with them.

We have only 2 options; To finish using the shuttlecocks or not.

If we don't use them, more than $1,000 will be wasted. Some might say why not sell them to others? No way, selling them takes time and I won't want to be doing it.

Your calculation about my income is realistic - When compared to your job, you will be wondering why I do it. Coaching and promoting Badminton is my full-time job. It has been 10 years now since I started. Jerry will know, as he was there when I announced to all CCCers that I will go full-time coaching. Income has been almost nothing, but I still continue with it because I love Badminton.

Yes, when 2 trainees turn up for our CATS, I will not have income. But still, I will coach and be with them when they are interested to train. And our trainees know it - They often ask why do I do it when I don't have income? My reply is income shall be coming from the Social Games Department (but it's really very little, and sometimes we lose money when fewer players attend).

I have posted our income-vs-payment equation before. Searching through this thread, CCCers will find it.

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Don't play with us if our policy doesn't suit you

I hate it when some CCCers tell me things in private. Some example;

* If so and so come, they won't come.
    * They only wish to play against certain players (forming their own clique of players).
    * I only want to play with certain shuttlecocks (slow/fast enough so that my clears are good).
    * etc, etc, ....

My reply has always been standard: "Don't play with us if our policy doesn't suit you".

19. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

20. Decap

Decap Regular Member

Daniel,

Reading the posts you've made thus far, I personally felt that your comments were fair and were made in the best interest of the participants, whilst your attempts to highlight the issues of which the vast majority of us has been made to put up with were in the right ballpark.

I also trust that anyone who's true to themselves would have no trouble embracing your points, however it is based on this view that I am also equally certain that your efforts will go to waste (as has mine). As it seems we are in fact dealing with someone who had continously demonstrated a devoid of integrity.

I will elaborate this further, but first let me state that I've not had issues with some of the matters that have been unceremoniously brought into surface (i.e. playing structure, a 10-yr old mission statement, not-for-profit or profit (which might be an area of interest to the ATO, not us) and so forth), which I suspect is nothing more than an act deployed to distract those affected stakeholders from the real matters at hand.

Which now brings me to the issues I stand for;

I think you'd agree Daniel, if I said that it feels like we've been taken for a ride / as a fool. All of us made a commitment to be present at these sessions, and are entitled to an expectation that these sessions are set up in a reasonable manner, failing otherwise, at the very least a courtesy explanation as to why these expectations were not met. For example:

a. making it there on time as an organiser (being late for close to an hour of the planned 3 and half hours session, is definitely a material disruption to say the least)

b. shuttlecocks - this goes way back. In short, everybody including the organiser had unanimously agreed that the yellow shuttles are of inferior quality to the black one, point. Reasons given leading up from a few weeks ago were:

1) it was purchased as a favor to a friend supplier who needed to clear stocks (despite full knowledge (through expressed concerns by the participants and undisputed decades of subject matter experiences) that this isn't the shuttle of choice)
    2) then, to seemingly fulfil the wishes of four (that is 4 out of 18) new participants who is preparing for a school tournament, which has nothing to do with the rest of the 14 participants!
    3) and now, that there were a thousand of dollars of stocks already acquired as a result of a serious misjudgment (re; point one above), and therefore the easiest way is to shove it down the throat of the participants;
    4) the participants have now also been reminded that they have no place whatsover to voice their grouses, despite the fact this represents the view of the majority of active participants, and despite the fact that now this issue has been brought to discussion in an open forum as insisted.

c. 18 max is EIGHTEEN MAXIMUM, point. Overriding this rule as and when one feel's like doing so is a serious disrespect to the other participants who had not only committed their evening just to find themselves forced into more waiting than playing time as can be rightfully expected, but whom had also fully paid for that session. Promoting the game or promoting higher fee collection, you be the judge.

All that non-member vs member vs trainee talk is nonsensical at best in my perspective Daniel. It's as simple as if the session is set up for the trainee, then do not make it open to social, if it's made open to social, then don't come up with rules which marginalise the non-trainee participants as we are not beggers for freebies, on the contrary, we pay full equal price (+ advanced membership fees) if not more as clearly illustrated in your earlier post, Daniel.

Any way, you should know that the views I expressed here are tailored for yours and other like minded fellow participants' consumption only, as I have lost any interest to driving these discussions any further.

And to your question Daniel, yes I will try to attend the remaining two sessions for the month, as I genuinely look forward to playing with you and the many friends I've gained over the course of the last couple of years (and for this I'd like to acknowledge the organiser) in these sessions of which I have loyally participated, before I go off for my holidays in Dec.

Rgs