Will Lee Chong Wei remain World No.1 until the 2012 OG?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Apr 6, 2009.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I said it before too that when it comes to majors like WC, OLY (in London) and AE (play in England), CJ was always prepared and played his best badminton, especially in England. With 3 CHN MS in OLY12, highly probable to have all 3 in SF. Assuming LCW gets into SF, it comes to mental (has to beat 2 CHN MS) and physical (whoever LCW meet, it will be tough) while LD will get a sidewinder to assist him. This is OLY12, that is what LYB is aiming for, guarantee he will fix it if the opportunity presents itself.

2. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I said too as well that LCW should threw the match to PG, this will come back to haunt Dato if CJ squeaks by PG into the Top 4.

3. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually I was wondering...do you know the real reason why LCW did not throw the match? Because BAM don t know how to tally ranking points!

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Actually, if he des I think it would be great fun :)

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Great minds think alike. Dato and coach minds are screwed up. ;)

6. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I have consistently said years ago and a few days ago, for those fans who pay good money to see games only to get fix matches, fake WO, throwing matches is not right and there is no 2 way about it.
    I also said, if I am LYB and given the opportunity with the players as playing cards to do all the above deeds, I would do it in a heartbeat, no problem. There is no BWF against that, and cannot check fake WO and sick on game day.There monetary reward dangling in front of LYB to win OLY12 gold and to hail as CHN hero, why not do it?
    This is unlike some BCers who defend and support and argue it is a right thing to do (fix matches, fake WO, throwing matches), at least I am not hyprocritic.;)

Playing social badmiinton with my friends, we want to win everytime just for bragging rights. If we are leading 15-8, and if our opponents smash right on the line, yeah, I call in, give those fella 1 point. If we are trailing 18-19, even if the smash is on the line, I definitely call out:D
    If we are playing who is paying for dinner, bet on it, I will 'cheat' everytime. Andif the bet is huge, we need linesmen, I would call up mu Korean and mainland chinese friends to be linesmen. Those fellas are trained in Kor and CHN. Ever watch KO and CO, they cheat all the time calling shots in when out and vice versa. And they are my friends to 'asist' me.;)
    So, if I am LYB with the huge dollars dangling in front of me, I cheat for sure, guarantee, but I would not admit to the media that I do the deed though;)

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Agree. 99% percent of badminton players are like what you described.

8. extremenanopowe

Same goes for golfers I guess. The devil is in the money..... and ego. ;)

So CJ lost to LD. Is this LYB ploy to beat and juice out LCW using his 2 best players? ;)

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LYB betray me:crying: he has been reading my post and arrange for LD to beat CJ:D

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    That will be the day

I have yet to see any player when a bad line call was made to the detriment of his/her opponent, but is absolutely sure the shuttle landed inside his court, made an objection and testifies to give the rightful point back to his/her opponent.

11. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Only when he/she is leading 20-2.

12. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

NO, the same does not apply to golfers. If u think it is, then u don't understand golf or u r playing the wrong kind of golf. I just cannot believe some will openly say tht they will cheat for a point. If u r an horourable person with intergrity, How could you sleep at night? No one wants to play with a cheat and if this is the way tht will mold the future of badminton? It doesn't deserve to progress.

#892 S.fusion, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  13. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

Look guys, It angers me tht some of u guys will cheat while playing. It's pathetic. Listen, if I happen to play with someone like you, with or without a bet. n if I discover tht u cheat. I will stop there and then n walk off the court, no point wasting my time arguing with a cheat n u can kiss any bets goodbye. Yes, I am still angry! A disgrace to badminton! And if u still think 99% cheat, u r mixing with the wrong crowd unless u r one of the 99%.

#893 S.fusion, Oct 29, 2011
  14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    :D:D:D Don't worry too much. One thing we can tell/say is "The truth, more often than not, shall be revealed".

If there's bad karma around with whom you are playing, those players won't be around with you for too long. :):):)

15. extremenanopowe

Don't blame me.. LYB started it... ;)

16. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

ok.Though u may now decide to play innocent. U claim LYB started it, where are yr proofs? Or tht was just yr personal speculation. U have had over 8k postings n. I expect more from you because there are youngster here who may take yr notes to heart. regular posters n old timers in BC should show good example n be mindful of yr statements. Ok, I may be a bit sensitive but I feel it is irresponsible in those who openly said they were ok with cheating! Cheating is not something one should trivialise abt if u r serious abt any sport.I hav repeated my msg in 3 different posts now n I think u all got the message. Happy playing.

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    [h=2][​IMG][/h]

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Loh [​IMG]
    [TABLE="class: cms_table_ruler"]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR="bgcolor: #fdfdfd"]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank"]1
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank_equal"][/TD]
    [TD]MAS
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][MAS] LEE Chong Wei
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD]50152
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]99147.3000
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]12
    [/TD]
    [TD]Asia
    [/TD]
    [TD]Malaysia
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank"]2
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank_up"][/TD]
    [TD]CHN
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][CHN] CHEN Long
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD]75787
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]81540.0000
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]15
    [/TD]
    [TD]Asia
    [/TD]
    [TD]China
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank"]3
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank_down"][/TD]
    [TD]CHN
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][CHN] LIN Dan
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD]50906
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]79906.1000
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]14
    [/TD]
    [TD]Asia
    [/TD]
    [TD]China
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank"]4
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank_equal"][/TD]
    [TD]DEN
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][DEN] Peter Hoeg GADE
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD]6926
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]75882.5500
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]12
    [/TD]
    [TD]Europe
    [/TD]
    [TD]Denmark
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank"]5
    [/TD]
    [TD]CHN
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][CHN] CHEN Jin
    [/TD]
    [TD][​IMG]
    [/TD]
    [TD]51592
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]64850.0000
    [/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"]16
    [/TD]
    [TD]Asia China
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: cms_table_rank"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"][/TD]
    [TD="class: cms_table_right"][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/104198-Why-did-Lin-Dan-win-over-Chen-Jin
    Post #7

The above is the latest BWF rankings for MS.

If Chen Long continues to win more than Lin Dan en route to London Oly 2012, LYB's blue-eyed boy LD may not appear in the final.

Try as he might to ensure that China gets the maximum 3 MS players in the top 4, LYB may have to sacrifice CJ if the latter should meet LD again and abandon his "match-fixing" tactic which he so successfully spearheaded in the past.

LCW is the man to beat in London. Only LD and now CL have conceivably the best chance to defeat the datuk.
    So CJ will have to find his own way to London. And it will be tough if Peter Gade is not giving up, despite his recent setbacks and ageing bones.

On the other hand, LYB will push LD to participate in more SS tourneys in order for him to secure more points and avoid LCW in the same half of the draw. The risk is that LD may suffer more injuries and become completely useless by then.

And now the question of whether LCW will continue to be WR1 is an interesting one.

His recent defeats to CL have somehow dented his chances to remain on top just before London. The latest rankings show that CL is not far behind and if he continues in his fine form and remains injury-free, he may be able to overtake LCW, unless the datuk plays in more competitions and wins many more.

But LCW is no pushover. At worst, he should figure in at least the QF of the tournaments he particpates in. It is reasonable to assume that he should appear in more SFs and Finals than in QFs. And these will ensure he will be able to amass a great number of WR points.

But Chen Long is the young man to watch. If LCW should meet him in subsequent finals and lose, then CL could well end up as WR1 before London Oly 2012! LCW, with his new coach, must now find as many flaws in CL's play and counter these with point winning solutions​

#897 Loh, Oct 29, 2011
  18. extremenanopowe

haha... let's go occupy wall street. ;)

Any injuries on top 4, there goes OG. ;)

Not easy to recover. ;)

#898 extremenanopowe, Oct 29, 2011
  19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    To some people, sportsmanship is dead. Honesty, fairplay and respect are thrown to the wind just to exact some benefit for themselves. I wonder what they learn in sports apart from getting a kick out of cheating others and winning a fast buck?

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Don't get too excited, suppose you cannot read between the lines in my post on cheating on courts;) As for LYB match-fixing episodes, you would have to go back many posts to read that, where Mr Li openly admited to chinese media that he did it, and chinese public and Li Ling Wei (CHN rep to OLY council and ex-world champion) disagree saying CHN does not need to do that to win...you really have to read more...and a friendly advice, calm down your blood pressure, this forum postings are between strangers, some are real serious posters and seeking arguments to fulfil their urge as they may nothing better to do, some are more for fun and humour and laughter (you live longer and happier), in the end it is all hot air, not worth to burst a blood pressure.:D