RKEP Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by blindfury, Jan 29, 2013.

1. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Yup! I have a 3U TK6000 and a 86/300 XP70 (dry) and the XP70 is far faster. Unfortunately, I don't have the dry weight of the TK6000 as it was given to me strung and weighing 95 grams (with original grip and plastic).

Power wise, TK6000 has the edge but it just feel so "unwieldy", probably a trait of the Thruster series as my Legend II feels the same as well.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

strings are 3.5g, 2 layer plastic wrap is 2.5g, so your tk6k is around 89g

3. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Yeah, I had my doubts when the boss say it is 87gm. I had wanted a 4u TK6000 but it was sold out in Taiwan. Anyway, it was a gift so no complaints. I do like the paintwork on it, I think quite gorgeous.

4. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

Wait , could you give me a brief information on eric? Is he a single person? You said he made his own rackets . This includes xp70?

5. visor

visor Regular Member

he runs rkep store on ebay... and yes he has a line of xp rackets that he oem'd from a manufacturer in taiwan that also happens to make rackets for victor, forza etc

6. forumer

forumer Regular Member

How would u rate the shaft stiffness between the two?

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    is the xp70 a good 'upgrade ' from a mx60 if I think I want a stiffer shaft (ahem)?

Off topic [MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] but zm62 feeling a few pounds tighter than thicker strings: does the frame feel the actual or perceived tension? Ie could you put zm62@24lbs on a voltric limited to 24lbs? Or would this be like putting 26/27 on it?

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    I have not used the TK6000 alot but during the short duration when I was using it, the shaft bends more than the XP70. This could be due to the TK6000 head heaviness rather than the shaft being stiffer.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The warranty is only applicable to the actual mechanic pull, so a 24lbs Zm62 is just as fine as a 24 Bg65. It will only feel a bit like a thicker string with higher tension as the thinner string allows for more feedback, but mechanically speaking, both stress the racket just the same. Grommets don't like thin strings like that but at 24 they'll be fine.
    Personally, I don't like the 62 anymore, it just doesn't feel solid on hard hits. The 65 is better, but not as lively as I remembered it to be. Still, at the current price one really can't complain!

10. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, as j4ckie says, the frame only sees the actual pulled tension. But the grommets on the other hand pay the price of having the same tension on a smaller surface area, so they'll need to be rotated or changed more often in order to protect the frame.

11. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I think I'm going to try a xp70. I believe you can get 3 in one shipment so is anyone else in the UK thinking of placing an order for a racket in the near future? [MENTION=96935]dbswansea[/MENTION], you mentioned one but not for a while?

I take it this frame is faster than meteor and stiffer than mx60. I think that's what I'm after.

12. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Any advice on whether I should buy one or two? I thought I'd go for different weights and pick the one I like better. Then sell the other one or let go the mx60 and keep both. I suppose the saving on postage isn't massive.

13. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

buying one or two rackets will cost you the same postage. in fact the postage is the same for up three rackets.

14. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    But if I end up buying 2 separately it will cost more. Not much though. I hope I can order the first one next week.

15. forumer

forumer Regular Member

Have you consider Victor TK6000, 3u if u can handle a heavier wt, it would benefit you.
    Stiffness wise TK6000 is comparable to the XP70 but slower. Power is definitely a strong asset of the TK6000 and is now my go to racket over the XP70.

16. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    forumer:
    Am keen on the XP70 but recently I just got myself a TK-6ooo 4u. Would u care to elaborate more between these two excellent rackets, tks!

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    As you know, Victor has 3 series of racquets (Power, All round and Speed) and TK6000 belongs to the power series. The XP70 to me is a all round racquet which is similar to the Meteor series except that it is slightly faster.

18. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I own a XP70 before and now 4U TK6000... Both of these two played very differently. To me, XP70 plays very similar to BS12. It is fast but it feels kinda hollow and not meaty enough. I find it rather a bit difficult to hit clears to baseline. On the other hand, TK6000 is head heavy and powerful racket. It might be slower than XP70 but it is for different playing style. They both feels very much different.

19. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Tks for the feedback, appreciate it!

20. forumer

forumer Regular Member

For me, I find my 3U XP70 (91g, BP301mm, wet wt) is better for playing quick drive excelling in the mid court to front play. It still can pack quite a punch if you have a fast swing and strong wrist but I too find it difficult to hit clear to baseline, maybe due to my poor technique. For a 3U, it felt lighter than it's intended spec, thus it swing faster with good control due to stiff shaft.

As for my 3U TK6000 (94g, BP313mm, wet wt), I find it easier to hit clears to baseline without much struggle compared to XP70,which Mark also had stated in his review that this is the most efficient racket in term of effort ratio. And of course power smashes are easier to generate too.
    Strangely, I found that I had better control at net play with this racket, maybe due to its solid stable frame structure giving better feedback. Accuracy wise, it did not suffer as the shaft stiffness is similar to XP70, though it's stated as mid-flex.
    Downside would be it's slower speed in fast drive playing. But that does not bother me much as I find that I can play drop with a block due to racket better repulsion.
    Lastly, I must thank Paul and Mark for writing such good and truthful review of this racket. Please keep up the good as well the not so good reviews going on!