China SS - MQ and Drawing

Discussion in 'China Open / Hong Kong Open / India GP 2010' started by mr.bulutangkis, Nov 2, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

AWESOME:cool::D

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i hope there is people recording again for fu/cau vs lee/jung rematch

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 Asian Games: CY/FHF lost so clearly to JJS/LYD

Just heard from j4ckie; that CY/FHF lost so clearly to JJS/LYD.

4. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

There's no way the top half should be considered as strong as the bottom.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

You could be right

OK, OK. You could be right. :):):)

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ya, the team emerging from the bottom half will probably win the final - those in the upper half just don't have what it takes to beat any of the three (CY/FHF, JJS/LYD, KKK/TBH) in good condition, and their matches against each other will ensure only those in good condition commence to the final. I'm rooting for CY/FHF of course, but I think it's pretty likely that JJS/LYD can repeat their AG performance. Even if they don't, KKK/TBH seem to be in good shape too, so that's another very hard match. But the one team winning all those should be able to win the final - they'll be very motivated after they beat such strong opponents in the QF/SF. MK/HS are the only pair in the top half that with the potential to win this. MB/CM will definitely not take on a strong CY/FHF - the AE match was enough motivation for CY to beat them into oblivion should they meet :D

All the best to Chai Biao/Zhang Nan, too - I hope they continue improving until 2012, they'll be a very strong pair by then. Hope they do well here, but their draw is very tough. MK/HS will probably prove to be too strong for them.

#26 j4ckie, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kido/Hendra might not even fly to Shanghai since they are competing in Kejurnas this week.

In any case, I am not expecting them to win even if they go. Exhaustion and post-Asian Games euphoria could play some part.

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Confirm!! Kido/Hndraw had withdrawn their participation...they will go to HKG Open

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Now I'm certain the winner will come from the bottom half :D MB/CM are certainly not weak, but lack the overall quality to compete with the three top pairs in the bottom half. They can't change their set up formation, i.e. when MB is in the back, they are almost guaranteed to lose the rally if the opposing team has a solid defense. The three teams in the other half can all rotate and are both able at front/back, even if they favor one formation. But the danes are definitely very weak when they're forced out of their favorite one.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Some withdrawals according to ts.com latest updated :

MS -- Peter Gade (DEN), Chetan Anand (IND), Tan Chun Seang (MAS)
    MD -- Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan (INA), Mak Hee Chun/Tan Wee Kiong (MAS)
    WD -- Christinna Pedersen/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl (DEN), Lita Nurlita/Saralee Thoungthongkam (INA/THA), Kim Min-jung/Lee Hyo-jung (KOR)
    XD -- Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter-Juhl (DEN), Shin Baek-cheol/Lee Hyo-jung (KOR), Shintaro Ikeda/Reiko Shiota (JPN), Joachim Fischer-Nielsen/Christinna Pedersen (DEN), Markis Kido/Lita Nurlita (INA)

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I wish that BWF (or tournament organisers) will explain why the latest withdrawals

WOW...... So many withdrawals ??? :eek::eek::eek:

As a Badminton fan, I wish that BWF (or tournament organisers) will explain why the latest withdrawals.

It's not good for some planning to get there to watch these players performing live, but finding that withdrawals were made at the last minutes. :(:(:(

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hmm, speaking of draws and withdrawals, it's interesting to see LinDan participating in this SS..i thought, after hearing a video of his news conference after he won the AG, he would not compete again til next yr??..am i missing something or LD wasn't being serious in his comments?..suetyan, anything to share?..:confused:

13. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

He is also in the draw for HK SS the next week. Maybe he meant no international tournaments, Like in other countries.

LHJ has retired Chris-ccc so that's why she has withdrawn with her partner Shin.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..as in outside of CHN and its territories??..then, if that's the case, the earliest we'll see him compete again will be in the Sudirman Cup (next May in Qingdao, CHN), which is abt 5 long months off away..:eek:

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yes I meant outside of China, HK etc. I think he will be playing in the Victor Korea Open though. Just think about all that prize money :p (not that be needs it, he probably makes more in advertisments and endorsments, than prize money from tournaments)