elite back up/back up player 2010

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy Regular Member

Even USD4,500 is a lot for playing 2 matches..USD36,000 is out of this world!!Hmm..still I am quite sceptical about the prize money..semifinalists get USD72,000?

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Should be USD33,600 divide by 2 pairs. SIngles get USD33,400/2

3. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    sad to see malaysian 2nd pair has now turned into dust... ;) Non of the listed can take the responsibility for big games. Even beating the top 10 is tough. ;) BAM have to mix the young and old up for experience sake. Then get the 2 young selected players to recombine again after 6 months exposure. ;) A little sacrifice will help. ;) But these 2 young dudes must have one good at the front and one good at walloping. ;)

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

None of the elite backup players reaches the 2nd round of KO... may be it's time sending them to GP or Satellites tourneys... boleh?

5. extremenanopowe

For the older players, I don't think they will bounce back if they go GP. They can only maintain at SS level. Once down, they will never come up. As for younger players, still a slight chance.

But it's all in the mind, they have to work hard. This is the fundamental. If they do, then the coaching side must have gone wrong. ;) So it will be either side. If both side is wrong, then disaster. ;)

6. extremenanopowe

As a proactive measure, these guys should just stop playing tournament and see where the weaknesses are. Back to fundamentals.

Else, it is a wasting of time when there is no improvement or target to set. Playing blindly in tournament is not going to help. It is not that some of these guys are not experience enough. ;)

Notes should be taken to prevent this from going thro a circle. I wonder if they have report cards? ;) Its like gained strength on stamina and lack of speed. Then after 3 months, gained speed and lack of stamina. Sounds like yoyo. ;)

7. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I really hate reading these news even though its true :eek:

How I wish there is an immediate remedy or something :eek:

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

It could be that this pair can cope well with opponents they know well eg.the good results over time with Boe/Morg.,
    they may be surprised or stunned by new pairs they have never played before.

Could be strategy.

#828 Bbn, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  9. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Goh/TKS seems to have a "favourite formation" like KKK/TBH, hard hitter at the back and setter in front.

When the roles are reversed they appear vulnerable. KKK/TBH seems to be more balanced now.

That was my observation as a spectator months ago, they may have worked on it.

10. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

OG qualifying is coming, they must move up the rankings cos they're new combo - Zakry/Hoon, Fairuz/OSH that is. To move up rankings must participate.
    By early 2012, still cannot, means bye2 to the 4 of them, as the 3 young pairs are ranked higher.
    The way I look at it, they have the know how/experience, they dont have the.. engine capacity to do it. I also see the youngsters as more talented overall
    SEA Games 2011 could be a platform for them as the most senior in MD dept if KKK/TBH are not participating like in 2009.

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

KKK/TBN did participate in 2009... they gave MAS's only point against INA by beating MK/HS. It was LCW who was not there.

12. extremenanopowe

All of them have 1 month before AE starts. Hopefully they cover up all the holes and of course, less angpow food pls.. ;) 1 month time should be sufficient. ;)

13. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/20/sports/8103278&sec=sports

A speedy Arif makes short work of Soon Huat to reach semis

KUALA TERENGGANU: A much improved back-up shuttler Mohd Arif Latif booked a spot in the semi-finals of the National Circuit Grand Prix Finals for the first time in his career and he is hoping to ride on his success to reach the final.

Yesterday, a faster Arif made short work of Goh Soon Huat to win 21-13, 21-14 to claim the top spot in Group D of the men’s singles event. He meets Tan Chun Seang in the semi-finals today.

“The slower Arif was a thing of the past and I’m hoping to continue my good form by reaching the final on Monday,” said the 22-year-old Arif.

Arif, who was the 2007 Asian junior runners-up, started showing signs of a comeback late last year after suffering a serious dip in form after the Asian junior meet.

“Coach Hendrawan sort of breathe a new life into me and I feel that I’m training with more purpose now. I used to skip training or took it lightly before, but I’m serious about badminton now,” said Arif.

On facing Chun Seang today, Arif said: “It will be a tough match against him. I’ve beaten him last year but at that time he was just coming back from an injury. Now that he is fully fit, I think he will give a good fight for the spot in the final.”

Meanwhile, favourite Lee Chong Wei, who is gunning his eighth title in the Finals, will be facing Chong Wei Feng in the semis today.

Chong Wei hardly broke sweat when he defeated youngster Mohd Syawal Ismail 21-8, 21-13. Wei Feng, meanwhile was given a good fight by Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin before prevailing 24-22, 21-19.

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LOL and BAM didnt even know this ? ???????? LMAO! And this happened for years !! amazing BAM !! BAM Boleh ?

How many of those back-ups still skipping training and taking training lightly ???? BAM take note !

#834 jasonmarc, Feb 19, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Wow, arif finally expose the 'truth';).. no wonder mas back up players always cannot improve.. Yes, bam should take note of this;)

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ask rashid sidek
    anyway,by having higher salary than anyone else in back up team from 2008-2010
    why bother to train hard?
    sit at receive money can liao
    now better,salary base on world ranking

17. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/21/sports/8105899&sec=sports

Back-up shuttler stuns Chun Seang to enter final

KUALA TERENGGANU: Back-up singles player Mohd Arif Abdul Latif stunned second seed Tan Chun Seang in the semi-finals of the National Circuit Grand Prix Finals at Stadium Negeri here yesterday.

Arif snatched a 18-21, 21-15, 21-9 victory with a do-or-die attitude yesterday to set up his first ever appearance in the final of a GP Finals, where he will face world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei today.

Yesterday, Arif took a fairly relaxed approach in the first game and it led to him making many unforced errors to allow Chun Seang to win 21-18.

However, Arif bounced back in the second game by mixing his game and towards the tailend of the game, Chun Seang conceded three points in a row to lose at 15-21.

It was touch and go in the rubber game until Chun Seang disputed a call by the line judge with Arif leading at 13-8.

The game was stopped for almost a minute and when it resumed Chun Seang was unable to gather himself and he gave away many easy points to Arif who won 21-9 to reach the final.

“My initial target was to qualify for the semi-finals. I never thought about reaching the final,” said Arif.

His appearance in today’s final will surely impress the Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) coaching and training committee who are looking for a player to fill the void left by former All-England singles champion Mohd Hafiz Hashim.

Arif, however, was quick to say that he still has a long way to go before he can fill anyone’s shoes in the elite set-up.

“I think I have improved a lot since these two years training under coach Hendrawan. But it doesn’t mean that my standard is already at par with the elite players.

“I’m fitter and quicker now after working with Hendrawan but I can’t say that I’m the most qualified player to be promoted to the senior team.”

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2011/2/21/sports/8106099&sec=sports

Chong Wei sweats it out against steely Wei Feng

KUALA TERENGGANU: The semi-final match between world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei and Chong Wei Feng in the National Circuit Grand Prix Finals was destined to be a lopsided affair but Wei Feng still put up a steely display to win the hearts of fans at Stadium Negeri here yesterday.

Chong Wei was forced to slog for 46 minutes before prevailing 21-16, 21-19 to set up a meeting with Mohd Arif Abdul Latif in today’s final.

A slow start from Chong Wei gave the chance for Wei Feng to battle gamely in both games but the former packed too much experience even though he was trailing several times during the match.

“My game plan tonight was to go and play my heart out against Chong Wei even though I know my chances are slim,” said Wei Feng.

Wei Feng, who joined the elite ranks just five months ago, said he had improved tremendously since training with Chong Wei and the rest of the elite shuttlers.

“This has been a good experience for me because it is not easy to play Chong Wei competitively. We often spar with him but playing against him in a competition is different,” said Wei Feng.

Meanwhile, Chong Wei said he will do what is needed when he faces Arif today.

Chong Wei last met Arif in the semi-finals of the Perak Open (second leg of the circuit) where he won 21-16, 21-8.

“I think the juniors are catching up with the elites now as I can see their improvement in this tournament. If you compare them with me, obviously it will be a huge difference but they have improved nonetheless,” said Chong Wei.

19. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    this is indeed a big news!!!!!!
    no eye see now

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Maybe he already learnt everything from RS and it was so boring. Luckily Hendrawan came along.