2009 May 10: BWF President Election

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Mar 1, 2009.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    then he can help bc get a representative in bwf....:D

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Thanks. But I dont think i'm qualified for the post if ever. Even if i am.. i dont think i'm not ready to take up such post. I do know my strength and my weaknesses. Furthermore more money can be make out there. ;)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Yeah... I agree with Ants... no 'real & sizeable' money in world badminton (thus far) for the officials... The only way to get money seems to be through improper conducts. That's just terrible... :(

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    To promote Badminton worldwide

ants ... Don't worry. If you take up the position (representing Badminton Central), all BCers will help you. :)

We won't be helping you to get rich. But we will help you to promote Badminton worldwide. :cool:

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Money isn't everything.......

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Money isn't everything... not to me. Money is important. With money i can do more things to promote the game and do other things as well.. But i'm not a slave to money. I control money.

7. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Regular Member

Usa
    Maybe Andrew Kam got enough moo to support the BWF future development.. maybe he can make badminton central as an official forum for bwf.. :)

8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh yeah, money is not everything... but it is a very important device. Without it, you cannot do much in terms of reaching your ultimate goals. In order for badminton to become a prominent world sport, you have to a lot of money circulating around the badminton world.

My analogy (however imperfect) is: in a badminton game, you cannot win anything without having a racket with strings... :p No matter how good you are, if you're not armed with a racket with strings, you won't accomplish much in that badminton match... In life, money should not be the ultimate goal, but you have to have it to reach your goal. :cool:

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Last evening it was our long suffering Mr John Burgess from Singapore who commented on the Indian Open MD finals on our cable TV.

He was very proud to mention that Andrew Kam was once his student at the United World College here. I suppose he must have been their PE teacher. But to John's credit, he was once the National Rugby coach for Singapore.

However his foray into the Badminton World has met with much displeasure as his previous commentaries, especially his initial ones, were full of inaccuracies as far as badminton terms are concerned. He introduced or coined terms which were not found in the badminton dictionary although his wit, typical English manners and oratory managed to cover some of his inadequacies.

I think John should stick to rugby coaching just in case he is tempted to try out badminton. I'm sure our Rudy Huang will agree although John turned out to be a rather friendly bloke during the last Thomas Cup in Jakarta where Rudy even took a picture with John and a few others from the media. :p

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

ok ok, whatever it is.
    ANDREW for president!:D

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Andrew Kam needs to inform us what he intends to do if he is elected

Let's be serious here. ;););)

Andrew Kam needs to inform us what he intends to do if he is to be elected as the President of BWF.

We need to know his visions, objectives, plans, etc... to promote Badminton worldwide.

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Actually, Mr. Kam just needs to inform the various national associations who are members of BWF... :p He does not need to inform us.... :eek: We are just fans of badminton with no voting power... :p

13. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Regular Member

Usa
    If Andrew Kam become a president and if he concern the peoples that support him in this forum i'm sure he will be glad to share his vision and objective with the supporter in this forum.

BWF also need our support too ;)

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Let's invite Andrew Kam to talk with us in this thread

Well said Emmanuel . :):):)

We are quite sure that many Malaysian BCers know and have contact with Andrew Kam.
    We hope that Malaysian BCers will inform Andrew Kam of this thread.

Let's invite Andrew Kam to talk with us in this thread.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Well if we can have this done, ie getting Andrew Kam to tell us his vision for world badminton and how he goes about doing it, BC would have scored a massive feather in its cap! :D:D:D

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    BAM has to bear in mind that Kam is Malaysia's own son and has all the credentials to be a BWF president.

Moreover, given his position as BAM vice-president, the association must give him total support in the race for the BWF job.

New Straits Times

I don't think this should be a good reason of us supporting. Well, diplomatically, they should talking about how is he capable to do his works.
    Other factor, leave it first.

17. Kellie

Kellie New Member

management

Not sure what Kang has done anything for badminton apart from attract trouble? Dato Sri Andrew Kam seems to be good businessman and KLRC at least means commitment the name is used for a few events around world, saw article recently that says he is in gold...good businessman it seems and be very wealthy if in gold what BWF needs, maybe he will get rid of real bad apples that got BWF in position it is today....hears hoping:)

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Getting Andrew Kam to tell us his vision for World Badminton

It is exactly one month from now before the next coming 2009 BWF President Election.

Still no news from Andrew Kam (at Badminton Central :p:p:p).

Totally agree with koo_fan. It is hoped that our next elected president is the one who has BIG plans for our Badminton worldwide. And of course, to carry out his/her plans while holding office.

19. holydiver

holydiver New Member

huangkwokhau - I see that you keep linking Andrew and Punch in this article - do you have proof of this or just heard it through the grapevine?

What I find extremely weird is that Kang and Paisan running for presidency after being kicked out by their respective BAs. Korea doesn't support Kang and Paisan ruined US BA that the US Olympic Council had to step in to get rid of him. Certainly not good role models to improve badminton if these 2 become president and deputy respectively - how come nobody questioned this?

Is Kang getting support because of the money he's splurging as "donations" to gain votes? :p

20. Kellie

Kellie New Member

management

Wasn't Kang and Paisan Punches people, I thought he put them in their positions...I bet they are just like him. Didn't Kang promise a lot of money to IBF did he ever pay up? Can anyone tell me how much he really promised.

What did any of them do for girls in the sport, I hear it took others to at least give some recognition that us girls play the sport.