2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    Yes that may be it, I will see if I am able to try it next time he's here which will be 2 weeks

2. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Regular Member

Student
    Will be awaiting your review becus I'm now stuck deciding in whether to get 4U or 3U. Do you have 3U or 4U VTZF?

If 4U, does it feel very quick?
    If 3U, does it hurt your arm?

3. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    I use a 4U VTZF
    Before I was buying them I tried the one that he had which was 3U and it was majorly hurting my wrist when I was trying to do defensive shots, maybe because it was factory strung but it felt a bit too weighted so I opted for buying the 4U

4U at the start hurt my arm a little getting used to the stiffness and the racket, however after playing with it now for a month and a bit the pain I was getting at the start has completely gone and feels natural, feels like i'm getting more power compared to when I was using the VT70

4. LoneRanger

Student
    Thanks for the instant reply. I've decided to get 4U VTZF II

5. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
    i always have this mentality...i always go for a heavy headed racquect and do my best to master it and play it like a light headed racquect....having a heavy headed racquect is always an advantage...and is how you improve yourself phisically and technically to adapt and use a heavy racquect efficiently...
    i have been using ZF since Febuary 2012...1st impression was very very good...control and power...after 2 hours of playing you start to mishit and have bad control as you get tired physically and you are not able to keep up with the heavy head racquect...and i do get some sore shoulders and arms...then i try to improve my technical skills and i no longer have aching issues...and i am used to the weight now and could control the racquect for longer period...but there are few times when the racquect nearly slipped of my hand due to the head heaviness and wet grip...another thing is...i found that my ZF stiffness is not as stiff as it was 1st when i got it..either i physically adapted to it and i also believe that the stiffness will reduce as the more you use it the stiffness will reduce more n more due to wear and tear like a rubberband...yeah a good equipment/racquect will prolly affects maximum 15% of your gameplay...but its fun to master a good racquect that is not easy to play with...its a challenge...but its a bit sad that the stiffness reduces...meaning after wear and tear i dont get the actual stiffness it was meant to be

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah yeah, just wait until you get into your 40's.

FYI your racket is not getting less stiff. Your ability to bend it is improving.

7. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
    Nothing beats aging...lolx...
    But i did read a book which mention that a racquect shaft will loose its stiffness over time as its being bend over n over again...

8. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Yeah man ! I used to like head heavy and stiff racquet with high tension but with age, I find it tiring and tough to handle those racquets. My preference now is mid stiff and fast racquet. A fast racquet is really a god send especially when your speed and reaction is on the down turn.

9. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
    Singles definitely go for heavy racquect...cos u have all the time in the world to swing it...for doubles especially if you play in front too much...try to play with a light racquect...dont stay too close to the net...once u r comfortable move a bit infront...always keep the racquect up...once u have your reaction confidence back...then u can try using a heavy head...

10. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
    Actually racquect is a very light tool...even a piece of paper will start to fell heavy if u hold it ling enuff...regarding the pain...i believe its mostly due to the technique...from what i learnt...nv force returning hard a shuttle above or over you...if u use a hammer properly...u wont feel its hard...but when u swing it the wrong way it hurts u....as long as u move and anticipate faster than the shuttle and always be infront of the shuttle...you should be ok...and wheb u hit a shuttle it suppose to be parallel to you...its all about positioning yourself fast enuff to be able to hot the shuttle efficiently...

11. losima

losima Regular Member

where to get this awesome weapon?

12. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

People around me get used to play with 3U and stiff racket, and when they reach 40ish, the revisions they made are (1) lighter racket, i.e., 4U / 5U, and (2) lower stringing tension, (3) but still with the same stiffness rate.

Irrespective of they personal consideration for HH, EB or HL.

IMO

13. losima

losima Regular Member

what is 3u/4u? any difference?

2GWt0mm.jpg

14. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
  15. LoneRanger

Student
    Got my VTZF I today. One word, 'AWESOME'. I got the 3U version and it feel much faster than other 3U racket by Yonex. Super whippy, SUPER POWERFUL, and it looks awesome with blue grip and string. Strung it with BG85 (Cus Zymax, BG66UM/M don't have blue. BG80 did have blue but I preferred BG85 IMO, but the diff isn't really noticable, most the sound IMO.

16. delaneau

delaneau Regular Member

Real Estate Negotiator
    Post some pictures

17. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Yeap! I second this.

18. LoneRanger

Student
    Umm...... How?