Feather Question

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by khaoswing, Feb 27, 2009.

1. khaoswing

khaoswing Regular Member

Hey guys, I normally play Mavis 300 and don't/rarely use feather-what would be a good feather to start off and also what is good for games?

:confused:

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the best feather to use is 'somebody else' feather shuttle LOL. Nobody else can top that advice hehehehe. Just go with any brand, canada don't have much choice and u cant be picky.

3. RSX

RSX Regular Member

I wouldn't say there is not much choice in Canada, different grades from Aeroplane, RSL, Victor, Chao Pai, Yonex, Yang Yang, SOTX, Black Knight, Head just off the top of my head. Quality/price varies considerably.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hehhehe.......... :D
    another plastic vs feather.
    go for the feather where as possible. good feather shuttle is the best choice for badminton.
    if you cant or unable to obtain correct speed in the extreme cold weather, get advices from cooler. he is "day after tomorrow" :p:D

5. chowzer

chowzer Regular Member

get some
    Yonex AS20-30 or 40 if you can afford it
    Victor: gold - green (not no1)
    wilson: any, all good shuttles
    black knight: very good shuttles

all of them have consistant flight and good quality. as long as the people you play with don't mess around and try to do stupid things, they will last you for a game or two

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    *cough*, other than yonex, blackknight, can u buy those other brands from a store? If not, it is not considered available here, one must import them yourself or buy off from someone u know.

If I include online ordering, u can buy any brands too so it solve all our problem, right? BTW, try buying REAL flight 74 to 75 speed shuttles, see how many brands are available:rolleyes:

7. lilorio

lilorio New Member

Since I live in scaraborough I buy the dollar store feathered shuttlecock. 3 for 99 cents. It could probably last for a couple hours. I buy mines at malvern mall

8. RSX

RSX Regular Member

Yes you can buy the other brands in a store, RSL, Victor, Aeroplane, SOTX and Chao Pai are all available in Toronto. So it's not true that there are no options in Canada.

In terms of Speed 74 to 75, they are only used in high altitude areas, so most of us in the rest of the country do not need those speeds, rather 77 or 78 is fine.