Wang Zhengming ( 王睁茗 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by 2cents, Apr 17, 2010.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    finally after 3 years
    wang zhengming become the king:D
    so wzm and cl will go wc
    ld who?does he won anything this year?hehe

2. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I watched the match between WZM and DPY last night. Frankly speaking, I will rate him above Ah Du from now on. He should be able to finish the games much easier if he didn't have those unenforced errors. I saw LD shadow in him apart from he is right hander and he is more gentle.

3. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

3 years? that long?

you don't know who ld is? he is ex-big brother in CBA team, before CL came to the stage and show CBA he can do what ld able to do pretty nicely too. :D

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    where got long?
    chen long?he is in another thread:D

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

ouch, my bad. but at least his thread and WZM's are still under the same sub-forum. :D

6. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Wang Zhengming is very cute, anyone has nice photos of him?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Wang Zengming doesn't become as popular as, if not more than, Lee Yongdae is with the ladies.:cool::D

8. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

WZM has all the talents to be LD's pretender and has pushed himself more to break through. At 23 and against LCW he really is trying to break through but I think WZM would be one of those who initially had lots of potential but his focus can be slack. LCW had just managed to defeat him today with a record of 16-0 win loss ratio. WZM is one of those rare Chinese singles player who could lose to a lower ranked player when the going gets tough. That's why he is not making waves at the international circuit at a relative mature age for CN player. He could win one major in the future but be prepared that he'll fade away soon enough as LYB patience is really short and there are one or two young uns coming to the fore.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Where did you got your info from?
    They haven't even played 16 games together, let alone matches!

#289 AlanY, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

SORRY it was typo error it was supposed 6-0.

11. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Can see this guy is trying real hard to beat LCW. IMO, the time will come very soon. How soon is it? It all depends on WZM himself..;)

12. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    It was unlucky so far this year that WZM had to play against LCW in earlier rounds and got beaten. It was not good from ranking point of view. However, I think this will increase his determination to defeat LCW and train harder as LCW likes a mountain in his way. There is no doubt about his physical ability to beat LCW, I think he has to improve the mental aspect of the game and reduced unforced errors especially at the crucial points. I hope he will do well and get the MS title of singapore open in the absence of LD, LCW and CL.

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Unfortunately, he must packed from Singapore today. This guy has talent, but lack of something important, determination maybe?

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Plus self-confidence and little bit of luck maybe?

15. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Health Alert

For your mental well-being, please stop being a WZM fan for now. He doesn't have a heart, but you should protect yours.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

RedShuttle,good and timely advice. Yeah, ever since I started supporting him recently,he's been giving me heartaches with one letdown after another. In the SIN Open SS, I was longing to see him in the final and , better still,win it, in the absence of Chen Long and Lee CW; well,it's water under the bridge.

In last week's INA Open, he had Lee CW on the ropes in the decider holding matchpoint but immediately let him escape by quickly losing the next three points; he simply failed to capitalize on Lee CW's supposed lack of mental strength at crucial moments. The other heartaches aren't worth elaborating. The only time he lifted my hopes and won me over was the way he played and won at the Swiss Open GPG'13.

It seems to me his forte is speed of play and fast reflex action.... Don't wish to say more,my heart needs a break.

17. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Wang Zhengming should take after his female compatriot, Li Xuerui (though she's younger): cool, consistent, determined, have great mental strength!

He needs to improve imperatively or.... will just fade away into insignificance.

18. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Good thing take time. It could be the problem of attitude and sense of responsibility. He probably think Chen Long should carry all the heavy burden of Gold medal expectation from China but doesn't realize that he can do it too. I think he should upgrade his attitude toward the game and take it seriously. May be CBA need to put him down to the state team. I remembered they did this to LD at his early stage of career.

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    he he he a temporary absence from the national team and a 3 to 6 month military training may greatly enhance his focus, self-awareness and determination :D after all he has all the physical aspects and skills to become a good or even a great player... therefore if the only problem is perception or mind-related matters, a real military drill will definitely do him good for his rest of life!

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Is Wang Zhengming just a wasted talent? XXZ has continually been working on him, trying to help him consolidate his strengths and overcome his weaknesses which are inconsistency and loss of focus when things don't go right for him. Even LYB the other day after the WC'13 still thinks well of him.

I think though LYB and XXZ haven't given up on him, I won't be surprised that it's a matter of time he gets pushed aside by his younger up-and-coming teammates such as Tian Houwei and Xue Song among others.

Hopefully, at age 23 (born 16th Feb 1990), it is too early to write him off just yet, over-hyped as he is so far. Historically, there are well-known examples of great athletes who bloom a little or much later than normal. Let's (patiently) wait for him to break out.:D