Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    hopefully u r wrong.....

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Damage done.

3. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    In the latest news, Poul Erik Hoyer Larsen, former prodigy of MFrost, is also eyeing the BWF top post besides BAM Nadzmi Salleh. Good luck ( I don't mean it) to the latter.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]BAM'S LATEST: Indonesian coach ready to help Kien Keat-Boon Heong recapture the form that use to worry their opponents[/h] MANY have tried and failed since Rexy Mainaky but newly-hired coach Paulus Firman believes he can turn former Asian Games champions Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong into an effective combination.
    Paulus, who represented Indonesia in mixed doubles in the 1990s, has been hired by the BA of Malaysia (BAM) on a two-year contract and the 44-year-old will officially start work on Friday.
    The Bandung-born, formerly a coach with the Indonesia BA (PBSI), has been entrusted to coach three pairs -- Kien Keat-Boon Heong, Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong and the newly formed combination of Lufti Zaim Abdul Khalid-Tan Wee Gieen.
    Paulus is keen to start work and his eagerness was best demonstrated yesterday when, upon his arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), he immediately left for the national training centre in Bukit Kiara to meet national doubles coach Tan Kim Her for a meeting.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong, who have not won a Super Series title since the 2010 Malaysian Open, will be Paulus' prime focus as the World No 2 pair are at risk of being separated if they do not meet the targets set by BAM.
    "It is a new challenge for me as I was only a women's and mixed-doubles coach in Indonesia. But I do not see this as a problem. I believe in hard work as the key to success is the effort in training and competitions," said Paulus in Bukit Kiara yesterday.
    "Teamwork is very important and everyone, players and shuttlers, must work hand-in-hand to ensure badminton here takes a few steps forward."
    Paulus represented Indonesia in mixed-doubles between 1991-95 before accepting a coaching job in Penang where he worked briefly with Kim Her-Soo Beng Kiang for the 1996 Atlanta Olympics.
    Kim Her, the national doubles chief coach, made an unofficial coaching offer to Paulus last year.
    "We have been friends for the last 17 years. He (Kim Her) is the reason I am here. Rexy and Hendrawan (national coach) also told me Malaysia was a good place to coach," said Paulus.
    Paulus was embroiled in a controversy at the London Olympics last August when Greysia Polii and Meiliana Jauhari were among the eight women's doubles shuttlers disqualified for "not using one's best efforts to win a match".
    "It is something that I do not want to talk about. I take it as a good lesson," he said.
    On his plans for Kien Keat-Boon Heong, he said he has yet to meet the pair.
    "They are one of the best pairs who have won prestigious titles. I will talk to them before looking at the best possible way to help them gain confidence and improve.
    "I will need to analyse their game and see them in tournaments before the World Championships in August."
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong's target is to reach the final of the world meet on Aug 4-11, in Guangzhou.

#1264 eaglehelang, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and teo kok siang changed partner again==

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

On a side note, Tan Kim Her really made a mess of Teo Kok Siang's career. Poor Teo.

And Lufti with Tan Wee Gieen??? TWG was one of the reason why MAS couldn't defend the WJC title last year.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lutfi was injured.
    yes,teo kok siang future was KOED by TKH

8. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Really sorry for Teo Kok Siang

9. eaglehelang

Not just Teo, Mak Hee Chun's career. 2 WJC players. Soon, Ow and Chooi may be next victim. Poor Tan Wee Gleen, have to partner Lufti

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yup
    if mak hee chun can find sponsor and partner
    he can still beat most of those bam player;)

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Is Mak still with that Danish girlfriend?

12. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Told ya, injury destroy the career once and for all, just like julia wong...

13. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    the gf used to be BC member, right?
    maybe she can show up now....

14. eaglehelang

15. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader

@eaglehelang, why poor? i dont understand.

16. eaglehelang

Because I think Tan Wee Gleen is good and Lufti is only so so. Msia's failure at WJC in my opinion was not due to TWG as he is the best among his batch

17. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

MHC, TKS's futures are ruined.
    Lutfi is so-so imo. I always thought Tan Wee Gieen was decent, it is unfair to say that it is his fault that MAS couldn't defend WJC. I think he was the only decent MD player in his whole batch. But he did underperform in XD with Chow Mei Kuan though.
    I am totally not impressed with Chooi/Ow so far. I thought Ow was great but so far both of them seem to underperform all the time.
    Nelson/Teo can give them until the end of this year to show improvement

18. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    i see.. just ask because i dont know him.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Zakry-Fairuzizuan to go all out for Guangzhou ticket

Friday February 8, 2013

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2013/2/8/sports/12665039&sec=sports

Excerpts:

...A country can have a maximum of three pairs in the world meet if all of them are ranked in the top 24 bracket by the end of April. Malaysia have five pairs in the top 24.

...Two years ago, BAM dropped professionals Teik Chai-Tan Bin Shen, although the duo had qualified on merit, to accommodate their own national players.

This time, BAM coaching and training chairman Ng Chin Chai has made it clear that only those who had qualified on merit would get to go.

...Said Fairuzizuan: “It is good to have this healthy rivalry as it keeps everyone on his toes. Anything can happen at this stage. The pairs ahead of us can slip up in their rankings and we can move up. We are not giving up until the end.”

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    we may have another saga again like the previous wc(gan/tan case