RSL Diamond X7 Review

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by azli.rimon, Mar 22, 2013.

1. azli.rimon

azli.rimon New Member

Technician
    Hi,
    This racket has been launch last month.
    The M13 racket had 4 version. Gold, Silver, Carbon and White.
    They do come with the WPS. I thinking to have one of it but i decide to do some reading on the product first. I had google it but there were no review yet on this racket.
    Is there any one in the forum had bought it?
    Kindly share your review here.
    Thank you.

2. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    Rsl X7 Rocks

:D Ive been using this racket for the pass 2 weeks and im happily because its furfill my aspectation..

Previously ive been using Lining TB nano 120 its a well balance racket but it doesent suit my playing styles.

The Rsl x7(silver) is also a balance racket but it feels more alive. currently im using it without using their wps system. my racket is only 82g but it can deliver quite a good smash and effortless backhand stroke. This racket also love nets because u almost can feel shuttle during nets play but the most feature that i like about this racket is the racket speed reflexes.

overall this is my review of this rackets( wihout using wps )

Power/smash : 8/10
    Speed : 9/10
    Nets : 9/10
    Backhand : 8/10
    Drops : 8/10

3. kampunlengchai

kampunlengchai New Member

CCTV
    First of all I would like to thank all the cifu and guru here always willing to share their experiences.

Today Morning I just brought RSL Diamond x7 Silver as well. Following are my personal feeling as beginner

Why RSL Diamond X7?
    I been looking for something valuable for money as well budgeted. Looking about 1 month and study all the racket technology. Finally I come across this X7 series.

Why Silver and no carbon or Gold
    the best Siff with be won by gold > Silver > Carbon but my skill can take the carbon due I can't handle swing very well. Siff racket are good for beginner as well can borrow energy but for advance player it will waste energy when swing.

Setup
    Today I brought my DX7 Silver strung with yy bg 66 ulti at 23ibs. with side WPS 0.5g only.

Result
    Tomorrow will go field to try out. but Just now still try for few swing with my partner(the wall). The Extender 2 and Oval Shaff and Pulse all are very visible to feel. Swing powerful and effortless.

Sorry about all my grammar and will try to update more after field test. Have fun

4. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Hi Hafiz32

What did you think of their stiff shaft rated? How is it compared to yonex stiff shaft?

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Stiff racket are good for beginner? I dont think so

6. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    Hi pimpo the rsl x7 gold is the most stiff of the three series..just like kampunlenchai said in his thread Gold>silver>carbon. Im not quite the fan of stiff racket but if u are a player whos looking for well price badminton racket i strongly recomend rsl x series plus u have the advantage to change the racket to suit your play with their wps system.

be4 i have played with yonex arcsaber z slash and it is a good racket but i guess im cant handle it very well hence im a defensive player most of the time. but still arcsaber z slash is in it own class and more an offensive racket. I think RSL is x series is more of all rounder racket(correct me if im right).

And here are the price comparism

Yonex Arcsaber z slash = Rm 650
    RSL X7 = RM 300 + 3 compartment bag
    Arcsaber FB = RM600 + free grip
    Arcsaber 11 = RM600 + free grip
    Rsl M13 Rage = RM 200 + double compartment bag
    Yonex Z force = Rm600
    Victor Meteor Series = RM 600-700

7. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Thanx for your reply, but I would like to know if rsl's stiff shaft same stiffness as yonex's stiff shaft.

8. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    To be honest im not really sure if we can compare stiffness of multiple brands of badminton racket nowdays and even if u compare yonex racket with the other yonex it has different stiffness such as voltric and arcsaber stiffness.

But both RSL x7 gold and Yonex Voltric 80 / yonex z force has xtra stiff flex. But im kinda wondering what styles of play u are... ps im more of more of defensive play type:).

9. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Hi Hafiz32,

I have to agree with that. But Voltric 80 is stiff not extra stiff.
    I'm more of an offensive player, i'm currently using voltric 80 4U. I'm looking for a second racket with a shaft a little bit more less stiff than the voltric 80. I'm looking at the rsl diamond x7 silver and the carbon but i'm worried that the carbon's shaft is too flexible.

10. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    Bro,
    Please advise me where u get the RSL X7 from?

11. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    Sry for the mix confusing and stuff..yes voltric 80 is stiff and if u are looking for the stiff racket u can try the x7 silver many of my friends include myself were very happy about this racket and plus u can add weight at the top of the racket head to give it a head heaviness since u are an attacking player :)

12. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Do you think the rsl x7 silver is stiffer than the voltric 80?

13. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    Hi There. Ive got my racket just from my local badminton shop. I think every store should have sold this racket by now or u can just visit mudah.com the racket there is at reasonable price plus it can do postage. Ive bought my racket for Rm 300 and it should price 150 singapore dollar there

14. Hafiz32

Hafiz32 Regular Member

Freelance
    The rsl x7 silver mybe has the closest stiffness of the voltric 80 and im very sry i cant tell if the carbon also does the same since im not been able to test the carbon version yet

15. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    try sportshorizon.com

16. Yellowfish

sales
    Dear All,

Thank you for all your input. I got the empty RSL X7 Gold racket from JB for RM 239. I strung it with YYBG 80P at 25 x 27 lbs. Total cost for the racket come to RM 280 without bag:crying:.

I am using YY VTZF 3UG5 as my main racket, and YY ISO 800 Tour 2U racket as my backup racket. The reason draw me to pick up the RSL X7 was the WPS which can mix and match up to 47 combinations.

With RSL X7, i am able to had better net play and hell fast reaction time for defensive play. Smashing come to smash, i am not able to get the result as i am using my VTZF.:confused:

I am using +2 for the handle cap, and yet to any of the attachment at the top and the 2 sides of the racket.

I am thinking of the add lead tape at the top of the racket as well as the 2 side of the racket. Please advise on the matter as i am used to head heavy and 2u racket weight.

I find it fun to play with racket and i might want to get another one for spare with the bag:p

For those who are using the racket, please share your experience with me so i can learn to use this racket better, as well as other BC members.

17. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

Really Good Racket

Just bought the X7 silver. Very good defense racket and very powerful smash. Normally I dun like light racket, but with the WPS on this super light racket, it's different. Somehow the weight on WPS help generate power.
    I have been using Victor SW35 ( very stiff, heavy and powerful smash), Victor MX80 ( very stiff , good racket)..but I always injure my shoulder and elbow with this stiff and heavy racket. When I try light racket, no power.
    Anyway back to the X7...side WPS 0.5 g, top 1g. Handle 0.
    Very easy to swing and powerful smash. No more painful shouldder or elbow.:):D
    Good net play as well.. the only complain is ..I think the plastic WPS is not perfectly fit onto the racket. Sometime when I smash or swing the racket..can feel like the WPS plastic is knocking on the racket. The racket absorb the shock from smashes very well. ANyway enjoy your racket. Tension on racket was at 28 lbs.

18. Yellowfish

sales

19. cd4se

cd4se Regular Member

permai sport johor Bantu. $239 with free rsl string.

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    that's cheap