Klipper M140 Stringing Instruction

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by silentheart, Jun 6, 2007.

1. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    For a good stringer, it should not make much of a difference playability wise. However, if the user is sensitive to string tension changes, I'd imagine two piece would provide a better feel as it does to me. Not to mention that 1 piece exerts more strain on the racket than 2 piece

2. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

what would you recommend as the max tension for this machine? i've strung it many times at 25x28lbs and i love that tension, but recently i've broken a racket at that tension and now i've lost quite a bit of my confidence. should i just stick with 24lbs max? the racket wasn't a lower end racket at all and i assumed it could take the strain as even my wilson dynapower 9500 could take it.

3. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I didn't know you used an M140???

Honestly, two point, even with the load spreaders built in on this machine, I wouldn't pull higher than 26 or 27 on it.

So on a 25x28 job, I'd have to manually prestretch the string to 31lbs (using a doorknob, Yonex flying clamps, and a tension calibrator) and even then, depends on string used. My
    final opinion is 25/28 is really the very upper limit. I've done 30 on it (28.5/31.5) without problems but I took my dear sweet time really cranking all the bolts to make sure it was all secured properly.

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Special support. I have a special support I design and made myself for Yonex racquet with recommended tension less than 25lb. For racquet higher than 28lb, I will use the support. For ARC8dx. i will be fine to go up to 29lb without side support.
    2) Most of YY racquet are fine up to 27lb on M140. Make sure you use 2 piece and throat up currently recommended by YY.

5. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

alright, thanks a lot you guys. hm, i made sure to tighten all the bolts and align the racket up with the supports perfectly, not even 1mm of space between the racket and the support. i'll try going throat up next time, thanks a lot.

6. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    Just finished stringing my Armortec 900 Technique @ 30x32 with this machine that I received yesterday. :)

7. baddynewbie

baddynewbie Regular Member

Student
    hi, there new in the forum and I just bought a M140 for stringing my badminton rackets, I notice there is a conversion chart for tennis and badminton on the machine, I did not find it to be mentioned anywhere, so just to make sure, you have to use the chart lets say 60lbs on the scale to be equal to 20 for badminton? Also in the instruction manual, the tension for the rackets seems to be wrong for the yonex rackets.. Thx in advance for the help.

8. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    ^
    it should come with 2 weights bigger one for tennis a smaller one for badminton. If you dont have the badminton(smaller) one then you can use the tennis one but you may be limited to higher tension. lb for lb it should be the same regardless of racket type. make sure you fully understand how to use the klippermate by reading thoroughly through this thread (mainly securing the 2 post when stringing) good luck :)

9. baddynewbie

baddynewbie Regular Member

Student
    I ordered the badminton set therefore it only came with the small weight, the clamp i had is written klipperusa.com on it, anyone know if this is a good clamp or do I need to buy some new ones?

10. arvz_ot

arvz_ot New Member

OT
    Dear Master Silentheart,

You are the best teacher! Thanks for your help!

11. anirban

anirban Regular Member

Teacher
    Help me plz.

Hi Sir Silentheart!

I am very interested to string badminton rackets especially mine (never did stringing any racket yet). I usually play with 24-25lb tension. Will you plz clear me about the following points?
    1. Is it safe to buy a Klippermate M140 through online order from India?
    2. Does Klippermate provide Hi-Qua Clamps right now?
    3. Where to buy Yonex Flying Clamps? Any reliable web-link?
    4. Any video reference link regarding 1 piece stringing and/or 2 piece stringing?
    5. Can I get the priviledge to annoy you politely regarding stringing whenever I face problem(s)?:D
    Thanks in advance! :)

#171 anirban, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  12. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    Not trying to steal away from Silentheart or anything, heres a video I took a little while ago for a friend who wanted to learn to string using the Klipper M140 might be helpful to some people, might not be. Thought I would post it up. Im not claiming to be a stringing expert I simply string my own racquets and for other people.

[video=youtube;JB3arp83F6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB3arp83F6k[/video]
    [video=youtube;2wBTVH52SGE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wBTVH52SGE[/video]
    [video=youtube;IR5DHKA_Scw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR5DHKA_Scw[/video]

13. silentheart

14. anirban

anirban Regular Member

Teacher
    Hi Mr. N Bonkowsky!
    Nice Video... But in the 2nd clip, just after weaving the 6th Cross & tensioning the last Main in one side of the racquet, the video halts and no progress further in this 2nd clip... May be there was some problems in uploading it... Would you plz. reupload it once more?:)

15. anirban

anirban Regular Member

Teacher
    Thank you Sir!:)

16. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    Hum weird, watched it on my computer and a few other computers and there doesnt seem to be a problem with it at all, the video continues on there is a small pause in the video but it then continues on to show the tensioning of the crosses.

Is anybody else having the same problem with this in the 2nd video?

17. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

thinking of getting one of these. but is it difficult to learn how to string?

18. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    This is definitely not rocket science. It's all about practice.

19. fandulan

fandulan Regular Member

network engineer
    i need help on other rackets like carlton carbontec 707 or other rackets that doesnt have on the list of klipper. how will i know by just looking where to skip from main. please do help me guys. thanks.

20. silentheart

1) Start a new thread
    2) post a picture of head and ask for carlton carbotec 707 (not carlton carbontec 707)string pattern
    3) Then we will come back and tell you just use YY AT800 pattern after we verify the racquet has the pattern.