Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by badMania, Jul 29, 2011.

1. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    When he practice at my club court during Kejurnas, he bring his racket to shop for strung his racket. He asking 32 lbs, then i ask him "are you sure you can handle 32 lbs ?", he don't answer me. But next day when he came practice again "he came to shop and said "Yes, I can". He also bring also his racket for restring again. Very humble player.

2. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Did he break his strings? He had to change a number of racquets (Flypower Tornado 700) during a tournament in Singapore.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Regardless of whether Kevin/Rafi win in today's match, they have been really excellent, unbeaten in 14 matches so far!

Kevin will have a packed schedule till Jul:
    12-17 Jun - Djarum Indonesia Open Super Series Premier 2012 (Qualifying, with Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho)
    30 Jun-07 Jul - 2012 Asian Junior Championships U-19 (Team & Individual, most likely partnering Alfian Eko Prasetya)

Possible tourneys for him in the Junior Circuit:
    09-14 Jul - Tangkas Specs Junior Open Badminton Championships 2012

11-16 Sep - Malaysia International Youth U-19 2012
    18-23 Sep - Flypower Indonesia Junior International 2012 (wow....yet another junior tourney in INA)

25 Oct-03 Nov - BWF World Junior Mixed Team and Individual Championships 2012

Possible tourneys for him in the Senior Circuit:
    14-18 Aug - Li Ning Singapore International Series 2012

25-30 Sep - Bankaltim Indonesia Open GP Gold 2012

06-10 Nov - Bahrain International Challenge 2012
    13-18 Nov - Malaysia International Challenge 2012

11-16 Dec - India International Challenge 2012
    18-23 Dec - Yonex-Sunrise India Open GP 2012

4. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    just imagine if raffi has matured enough... awesome, eh :cool:
    they dont have any good opponent anymore in U-19.
    edy/arya has been in dewasa, and they beat hafiz/putra in easy manner.
    they should move to dewasa soon...

5. sen

sen Regular Member

Kevin won a match yesterday. Anyone has a complete database on all SS events? I think he could be the youngest player to win a match in qualification of SS event. Too bad he could not qualify.

6. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Raffi is younger than Kevin I think

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yes, Rafi is younger than Kevin.

8. sen

sen Regular Member

OK. Tq. Just realise that Rosyita is also very young and she qualified for the main draw

9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo is now ranked no 1 in the BWF Junior Ranking.

He will still be paired with Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho for the 3 upcoming tourneys next month:
    Malaysia International Youth U-19 2012
    Flypower Indonesia Junior International Series 2012
    Indonesia Open GPG 2012

It's also time for Rafi to improve on his junior ranking (now at WR 69)! 3 tourneys and 10k pts should be sufficient for him to be ranked in the top 10.

10. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Where is the venue?? I want to watch.

11. drquick

drquick Regular Member

Doctor
    Congrats to Kevin :)

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

End of year summary for Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (with his partner Rafiddias Akhdan Nugroho):
    International tourneys (5) - W11 L5
    Djarum Indonesia Super Series Premier 2012 - Q2 (lost to Ronald Alexander/Selvanus Geh)
    Tangkas Specs Junior Challenge Open 2012 - RUNNER-UP (lost to Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma)
    Maybank Malaysia Youth International 2012 - QF (lost to Edi Subaktiar/Arya Maulana Aldiartama)
    Indonesia Open GPG 2012 - R32 (lost to Ronald Alexander/Selvanus Geh)
    BWF WJC 2012 (Individual Event) - R16 (lost to Kim Jae Hwan/Kim Jung Ho -- they wasted 1 match pt!)

In addition, Kevin also reached the SF of AJC 2013 with Alfian Eko Prasetya - losing to Wang Chi Lin/Wu Hsiao Lin.

Domestic tourneys (5) - W21 L1
    Djarum Sirnas Flypower Jakarta Open 2012 - WINNER
    Djarum Sirnas Flypower SGS PLN Jabar 2012 - WINNER
    Candra Wijaya Men's Doubles Championships 2012 - WINNER
    Kejurnas PBSI Perorangan Taruna 2012 - WINNER
    Pertamina Open Badminton Championships 2012 - QF (lost to Ellen Frederika S./Fajar Alfian in 3-sets -- surprisingly)

I am relatively pleased with Kevin/Rafi's record this year...losing mostly to their seniors and only had 1 surprising domestic defeat last week at the Pertamina Open. I also expected them to beat the Korean pair at the WJC, only for them to lose agonizingly despite having match pt. And of course, they will be INA's no 1 MD pair for AJC and WJC 2013, unless they are split as I don't foresee any other pair surpassing their achievement domestically.

As usual, I believe PB Djarum will send Kevin/Rafi to the German and Dutch Juniors 2013 as well as the Banuinvest International 2013 in Feb/Mar 2013 to prepare them for AJC 2013. In addition, they will also be expected to compete in domestic tourneys and international tourneys held in Indonesia such as Sirnas Jakarta, Bandung, CWMDC, Tangkas Specs Junior, Indonesia GPG, and maybe Indonesia IC (if there's no time conflict with AJC).

I really hope Kevin can end his junior year in 2013 with at least 1 important title!

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Time to update this thread :)

Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo has now won a GP title in the Sky City New Zealand Open GP 2014 with his new partner Selvanus Geh. It has been a dream transition to the senior tourney with 2 titles in 2 tourneys for this promising young pair.

I do believe that they have the ability to go far and hopefully they can start to play in SS tourneys starting next year. This year, the focus will be more in IC/GP/GPG tourneys and the list will include:

Jul - Yonex Open Chinese Taipei GPG

Aug - Indonesia IC

Sep - Yonex-Sunrise Vietnam Open GP & Indonesia Open GPG

Nov - Bahrain or Malaysia IC & Korea Open GP (TBC)

Dec - Bangladesh & India IC

That will make it 10 tourneys for them this year, with 5 IC, 3 GP, and 2 GPG.

14. sen

sen Regular Member

Just about to start a thread of Kevin/Selvanus.

I am glad Selvanus have found a good partner. Although he seemed to do well with Alfian too. Winning a title on their debut but they are only paired once.

These 2 players are good individually. I saw their quarter final NZ open match from live streaming. They are playing against Australian pair that they beat in final of their first IC title. From the score, this second encounter looked to be closer. I did not watch that first encounter. From the NZ matches, Kevin and Selvanus were good in attack but still need to improve their placing, especially against tall players.

I think at the moment, they should be about as good as any PBSI pairs, except for Ahsan/Hendra. With experience, they can be better because they are younger.

Too bad there is no tournament for them between now and July. I think they will be entered in June Indonesia Premier SS but with only 9000 ranking points, it will be difficult for them to be even in the qualifying list.

15. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    I believe, Kevin/Selvanus will be in the Top 10 sooner than Ricky/Berry !

I adore Selvanus a lot. He is quite good. watch him several times and always impress.
    They could be the next Kido/Hendra. Sandy is right, Selvanus seems like a younger version of Hendra Setiawan. very fast and dangerous in front of the net. Kevin has a big smash (watch him last time in Tangkas Junior 2013 and he has improves a lot especially his power).

Give them time. End of 2015, they will be sitting somewhere in Top 10. Mark my post!

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Main Rounds for Kevin/Selvanus. A nice achievement even if they lose tomorrow.

17. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    Flying Kevin has just defeated the OG gold medalist & 1st rank pair. It's not just about the score. I'm amazed by his deceptive shots & powerful shots.

18. sen

sen Regular Member

I hope Kevin/Selvanus should be in top 30 by the end of 2014. Then they should be playing in super series level starting in 2015.

I wonder why all Indonesian players are withdrawn from Russia Open ? Should be easy point for them, especially for Kevin/Selvanus

19. bal-bal

bal-bal Regular Member

PNS
    maybe afraid with incident lately and saftey factor in rusia.

20. sen

sen Regular Member

Maybe it is true. But the japanese are not afraid. If there is enough assurance from own country diplomat and military, there should not be any fear.

I think we need someone like Adian Napitupulu as Indonesian defense minister. He is not afraid of standing up against any general. So any case happened to Indonesian at other countries, just send a special forces and special diplomat.