Malaysian Juniors 2009

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by champion8, Jan 30, 2008.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    erm...i create a thread there...in 2008 tourney sub forum;)

2. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

[​IMG]

SONIA jadi taruhan Kuala Lumpur pada Kejohanan Badminton Remaja Berpasukan Campuran 100Plus.

ILMU yang diperoleh selama tiga tahun di Sekolah Sukan Bukit Jalil (SSBJ) telah banyak mengubah rentak permainannya.
    Begitupun, dia tetap mengakui bahawa permainannya masih belum mencapai tahap matang bagi membolehkannya menyaingi kehebatan pemain elit yang lain.
    Sonia Cheah, 15, adalah antara permata baru sukan badminton negara yang kini mula mengorak langkah untuk menggegar gelanggang.
    "Saya mahu menjadi juara dunia. Tiada alasan kenapa saya tidak boleh melakukannya jika terus bekerja keras untuk memperbaiki segala kelemahan yang ada," kata adik kepada pemain kepada pemain negara, Lydia Cheah.
    Menurutnya, sejak memasuki SSBJ, dia semakin yakin dengan diri sendiri.
    "Gaya permainan juga banyak meningkat sama ada dari segi kepantasan, kemahiran mahu pun kekuatan mental.
    "Tetapi setakat ini masih belum lengkap lagi dan saya perlu bekerja keras untuk menyesuaikan diri dengan segala ilmu yang dituntut dalam sukan ini.
    "Apa yang pasti, saya masih belum mencapai tahap matang tetapi saya akui bahawa saya berada pada landasan yang betul untuk menikmati kejayaan.
    "Memang saya mempunyai semangat yang tinggi untuk menjadi juara dunia satu hari kelak dan tiada apa yang boleh menghalang pemain dari Malaysia menakluk dunia.
    "Semuanya bergantung dengan sikap. Jika bekerja keras kamu akan menikmatinya. Jurulatih saya dari China, Chi Shan Rong banyak memberi tunjuk ajar yang berguna sebagai bekalan merealisasikan cita-cita saya," katanya.
    Sonia kini sedang menggalas cabaran Kuala Lumpur pada Kejohanan Badminton Remaja Berpasukan Campuran 100Plus yang sedang berlangsung di Stadium Juara, Bukit Kiara.
    Sebelum ini, Sonia telah mengecapi beberapa gelaran pada kejohanan peringkat umur, antaranya gelaran bagi kategori perseorangan perempuan Bawah 14 pada sirkit remaja kebangsaan.
    Semalam, Sonia tampil hebat untuk membantu pasukannya, Kuala Lumpur menewaskan Negeri Sembilan 7-4 pada perlawanan terakhir peringkat Kumpulan A.
    Dia mudah mengetepikan lawannya, S. Kanmani 21-9, 21-8 dalam masa 19 minit.
    Kemenangan bergaya itu membolehkan Kuala Lumpur melangkah ke pusingan separuh akhir kejohanan yang menampilkan semua negeri di seluruh negara itu.
    Sonia, anak kedua dalam keluarganya mula menjinakkan diri dalam sukan badminton ketika belajar pada tahun dua di SJK (C) Chung Hwa, Setapak.
    "Keluarga saya adalah pendorong kuat terhadap penglibatan saya dalam sukan ini. Kakak saya, Lydia memang sudah aktif dan selepas melihat kejayaan kakak, saya terus menanam hasrat untuk aktif secara serius," tambahnya.
    Bakat yang ada pada Sonia turut mendapat perhatian Pengurus Besar Persatuan Badminton Malaysia (BAM), Kenny Goh.
    "Saya mendapati Sonia mempunyai bakat yang luar biasa. Dia memiliki keyakinan diri yang tinggi. Masa depannya dalam sukan ini adalah cerah dengan syarat dia terus bekerja keras untuk memperbaiki gaya permainannya," kata Kenny.

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Non-English posts will be deleted unless the content is translated.

4. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Sonia wants the world
    December 30, 2008 Categories: Badminton

[​IMG]For up-and-coming shuttler Sonia Cheah (left), the three years that she has been at the Bukit Jalil Sports School has improved her game by leaps and bounds.

However, Sonia, 15, is also the first to admit that she “has yet to mature in her game” although she hopes to soar in the near future.

“I want to be a world champion. There is no reason why I cannot be one if I put all my effort towards achieving my goal,” said Sonia, the younger sister of national player Lydia Cheah.

“Since coming to Bukit Jalil, I am more confident in my game. I am a far better player now in terms of speed, skills, strength and mental approach. But it is far from complete.

“Overall, I am not matured in my game yet. However, honing my badminton skills at Bukit Jalil is a step in the right direction. I am very ambitious and hope to become a world champion.

“There is nothing to stop a Malaysian from being one. It all depends on your mindset. My coach (Chi Shan Rong from China), has done my game a world of good.”

Sonia, who has been competing in the National Junior Circuit since the age of 12, won the Under-14 title in last year’s Grand Prix Finals. She also played a key role for Kuala Lumpur when the city team won the 100Plus National Junior Inter-State team title last year.

Yesterday, Sonia showed her strength in her game when she demolished S. Kanmani 21-9, 21-8 in only 19 minutes in her team’s 7-4 win over Negri Sembilan in their final Group A match which gave KL a place in the semi-finals.

Second in a family of five, Sonia, whose dad Cheah Kim Leng works as a bank officer and mum Helen Low is a remisier, started playing badminton when she was studying in Year Two in SJK (C) Chung Hwa in Setapak.

“My parents encouraged me to play the game. With Lydia already into the game, I became very interested too,” added Sonia. “If at all I don’t make the grade, I will go into business.”

Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) general manager Kenny Goh, spoke highly of Sonia, saying: “She has confidence in whatever she does. I see a bright future in her.”

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    nice job...uncle(or antie???) gemini...wait pemuda here...shoot here and there...haha...

6. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

[​IMG]

A resurgent Selangor wrested the National Junior Inter-State Championship from rivals Kuala Lumpur with a 6-4 victory in the final at Juara Stadium yesterday.
    Selangor, who won the inaugural event in 2005, struggled in the last two editions after development suffered due to a power struggle at Selangor BA (SBA) but yesterday's victory is a sign of better things to come.

Not only did Selangor have a balanced squad but they had experience in the coaching set-up as former internationals Rahman Sidek and P. Kantharoopan have been guiding the players with the help of Abdul Halim.

The victory was made possible by several outstanding players led by 15-year-old Yang Li Lian who remained unbeaten in the tournament and also notched a 21-13, 21-16 win over Lim Yin Fun in the final.

Zulfadli Zulkifli delivered in the boys' singles and doubles, as he has done throughout the tournament.
    Zulfadli defeated Teh Min Yee 21-10, 21-10 and later partnered Nur Azryin Ayub to defeat Muhammad Farid-Tan Weng Sam 21-11, 21-10.

Zulfadli's younger brother Zulhelmi also contributed to Selangor's victory as did national singles coach Misbun Sidek's son Misbun Ramdan who partnered Nur Haqem Ayub to give Selangor the upper hand.

Among the familiar names who shone was Li Lian who proved yet again she is a player for the future.

However, Li Lian has been been overshadowed by doubles partner Sonia Cheah but after securing a double in the National Grand Finals in Kuantan this year, she has set herself high targets.

Li Lian, 15, defeated Sonia, her 16-year-old partner from Kuala Lumpur, for the Under-16 title and had earlier overcome another rising shuttler Ng Sin Er of Kedah.

She also grabbed the doubles title with Sonia and her confidence has soared and Li Lian's target now is to reach the final of the 2010 World Junior Championships.

No Malaysian girl shuttler has ever advanced past the quarter-final stage of the World Junior Championships which are dominated by players from China and South Korea but Li Lian believes she can do it.

Several junior coaches are quite impressed with her progress and have compared her to current national No 1 Wong Mew Choo who had the same drive and passion as a junior.

"My only success previously was winning the Under-14 doubles with Sonia (2007) but I managed to win both titles in 2008. It has given me a lot of confidence and I am aiming for more success," said Li Lian at the Juara Stadium yesterday.

"I will be happy if I can make it to the World Junior Championships in Johor Baru (this year) but I will have a better chance next year where I am looking forward to the final."

Li Lian has also juggled her time between badminton and studies and was rewarded when she scored 7As in the Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR) examinations.

7. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Limsy... u right Yang Li Lian is also a player to watch. She has an agressive attacking style of play. I dont agree she played like Mew Choo but she sure look like mew Choo

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...thanks...uncle...hehe...erm...well...i pretty sure sonia and yang li lian will spur both of them to improve...more and more...we will have a bright future with julia,lydia,sonia and yang li lian...after 4 year...^^..

9. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    yes indeed ........

10. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

zulfaldi played a good match despite his lostin the Malaysia Open. once again he shows his maturity in match handling for a 15/16 years old. bright future for him.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    agree with 2 legs raised...:D

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    U try to promote Pemuda almost all thread in BC...:p:p

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    koo didnt say plunder the world also he shoot here and there...sonia say she want the wc...where is pemuda???

14. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

i find Sonia have a rare determination in her and i hope that her talent will be nurture thru proper training and guidance. She has spoken her mind and we BC hopes to see more of her in the future.

lets hope in her we find another Saina

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha...maybe better than saina???^^...

16. sweetlover

sweetlover Regular Member

STUDENT
    dont worry limsy...
    pemuda will come here sooner...:D:D:D

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    MAK Hee Chun and Tan Wee Kiong were touted as doubles players to watch out for in their junior days.
    But they were with different partners as Hee Chun was partnering Teo Kok Siang and the pair won the Asian and world junior titles last year.

Wee Kiong's success was in the mixed doubles as he partnered Woon Khe Wei for the 2007 Asian junior title and won the boys bronze with Lufti Zaim Khalid.

That wasn't enough for national doubles coach Rexy Mainaky as he felt the duo's future was as a pair and he paired them off when he overhauled the doubles department last year.

The impact was almost immediate as Hee Chun-Wee Kiong showed their potential by almost causing a major upset in their first ever competitive match as a pair in the Malaysia Open on Wednesday.
    Hee Chun-Wee Kiong fought tooth-and-nail with former world champions Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen before losing 21-18, 19-21, 21-16 in their first round match.

Hee Chun said he and Wee Kiong learnt a lot from the match.

"I believe we have a great future together. However, it's just one match and we cannot get carried away," said Hee Chun yesterday.

"We gave Paaske-Rasmussen a tough time but inexperience cost us. Still, it was a good experience and now, we know where we need to improve."

Hee Chun, 19, who hails from Ipoh, said he and Wee Kiong need to work on their on court understanding and on other technical aspects.

Rexy said the pair gave a good account of themselves on Wednesday but needed to work on their strength and power. "I see them as having a great future and if things go well, they could be the next top Malaysian pair," said Rexy.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i wonder where is lim fang yang now?

19. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

he is in the back up under rashid. i think.

20. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Malaysia will be hosting the world junior this year and it will be a great event to watch. hope that malaysia will be able to come out with more than one title.

Malaysia will likely to bank on Iskandar for the boys singles and probably Tee Jingyi for the girls title.

Mixed double probably will be Hui Lin sister Hui Ern and i am not sure who will be her partner.

Men doubles is one of the title malaysia will be banking on and there are a few choices for YKH to choose from.

Girls double will see HUI Ern and partner and maybe the upcoming Shervon and Lai.

This will be a pressure year for the junior coaches. Hope that this time we are able to have a champion in the singles event.