Wrenched.........

Discussion in 'World Championships 2011' started by Wilson Chew, Aug 14, 2011.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I second that :)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Puh-lease :p. Probably the one that has been debunked over and over only the blind deaf still believe ...
    Anyone here that can write TOURNAMENT in braile? :rolleyes:

Fr**** Tinamen. Who doesn't hardly dislike 'em :D?

#102 demolidor, Aug 17, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  3. Timz :]

Timz :] Regular Member

This sure isn't the lee chong wei we were observing for the last couple of months. but w/e

4. damondemon

damondemon Regular Member

men of the world
    PLs be reminded that AE is now a SS event, used to be a MAJOR, now???
    anyway, Malaysia recognise being no.2...2nd in OLYMPIC get Dato, IF world champion?? Tan Si???

5. headphones

headphones Regular Member

I'm actually really curious now, can you let us know which match that was? For us badminton greenhorns lol

6. amoe1210

amoe1210 New Member

I don't think that LD is being hated that much in china. All of the Chinese i know they LOVE LD. He has so good character and always have good patience for the match. I suggest you'd better see the Chinese badminton website(中羽在線),u will know that LD still have a lot of fans in China.

by the way, I am from Taiwan,also a fan of LD~~~

http://bbs.badmintoncn.com/forum-81-1.html (if somebody understand Chinese,you will be welcomed in hereXD)

#106 amoe1210, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  7. amoe1210

amoe1210 New Member

Totally agree with U!!! LOL~~~somebody just can't accept LD is the BEST!

8. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

I really sympathise with LCW not because he is my compatriot for the vitriol against him comes most from fellow M'sians but he is constantly had to prove himself vis-a-vis LD. When LD came to the fore in late 2003 and became No.1 by mid 2004 nobody doubted or pour scorn on him as the fake no.1 even though Taufik won the OG. Same thing in 2005. And he was already calledsuper Dan in 2004 by CHN fans. He had to wait till 2006 to win his 1st major. Every badminton fan I know said LD was the wickest and top player in the world before he won the WC in 2006 (except INA fans who looked up to the inconsisten Taufik.).

9. victory

victory Regular Member

Wow I bet you even want get married to him ya?!:)

Love is emotional. If he is you hero, I can understand you think he is the best on earth.

He has good character and always have good patience for the match? Wow......:) Good luck to you!

10. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

But the same is not said of LCW. He has proven to be the most consistent player of recent years no other player apart from LD could match his achievements and yet fans make it as though his achievement comes to not if he doesnt have WC in his bag. They dont say the same thing bout PG who have only one AE to boot more than a decade ago and a two runner up position at the majors. PG is viewed more highly then LCW!!!!. If WC is going to be the measure of a badminton top player then Lim S K and Morten Forst were fake number ones for failing to win WCs during their career.

11. amoe1210

amoe1210 New Member

Whatever you say, dude, but he is the G.O.A.T. anyway~~~

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    ....and here I am thinking this thread is about LCW, and more, about the future of the game in Malaysia. :confused:

13. laonong

laonong Regular Member

Are you sure PG is viewed more highly than LCW? Maybe by Malyasians only. I think most China fans think only LCW is in the same level as LD.

Wached game between LCW and CJ 2008 AE, LCW is really a different player now. LD needs to work harder to get another Olympic gold.

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Are you kidding? Anyone who knows anything about badminton would probably agree that LCW is a far better player than PG..it is really a huge gap between PG and LCW/LD levels.. Gade plays beautiful and has superb technique, net-game, tactics, and flat-play but not that agile and comparable weak in the power/attack-department. He is less agile/fast than LCW and has a weaker powergame than LD.

#114 twobeer, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  15. visor

visor Regular Member

Agreed. That's why some of us refer to this as LCW v2.0... the best MS defense in the world, along with new shots in his arsenal like x-court half smash, x-court defense block of smash, better net play. The only thing that separates him from LD is now in the head: mental fortitude. Which is unfortunately not that easy to learn, in less than 1 year no less.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually the thing that separates LCW and LD is the people that surrounds them. LD is surrounded by coaches who know how to help him play his best against LCW. LCW is surrounded and hampered by people who say the wrong things to him at the wrong time. Yet LCW is able to rise above all that pressure and play fabulous badminton. So LCW actually has better mental fortitude because he has to both battle past his silly pressure camp and LD. LD always has the fortune of his best team support to battle LCW. Overall, when you watch the match, LCW displayed more riveting badminton. But like Morten Frost commented, LCW is the best player, even if he may not win the match.

17. TheComedian

TheComedian Regular Member

Badminton Player/Coach
    Peter is not agile because he is old. he is 34. he can play Masters tournaments next year. He had knee surgery a few years back as well.

Lin Dan is Hated in China by people who understand they game. The people in China that like LD are the people that don't see Lin Dan for who he is. They don't know about the walkover or anything. They just see "China is #1." That's all they care about. they don't care who. they know his name from all the advertisements.

I'm sure other players on the national team hate LD as well. I'm sure Bao Chunlai would have his thoughts on LD if he was given the chance to speak about them. He is hated on the circuit as well. Taufik hates him, Peter hates him. He doesn't play with respect or sportsmanship. Remember the all England this year? what did Lin Dan say about Marc Zweibler after the Semi - Final Match? Nothing positive about his opponent. no respect what so ever. I think I can remember him saying "I wanted to win in 2 sets." But Zweibler was positive and respectful towards LD. He is rude, unsportsmanlike, and is full of excuses. If he loses "oh, I drank to much cold water" or "I made to many errors." this is why no one likes him. he is cocky. Also the Chinese think he is ugly :p

#117 TheComedian, Aug 19, 2011
  18. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Lin Dan used to have a very bad temper but he has learnt to control it throughout his years playing.

He is strong mentally, one can't distract him easily but he's always ever ready to distract his opponent,

by certain gesture, his skills and his speed :D

This is what makes him so great when it comes to crucial points.

All of a certain you can find him coming from behind with a huge burst of energy.

That's his asset and such injection of pace most of the time makes most of his opponent loses confidence :p.

His team mates may not like him, I think I can imagine :D

but what can they say? Simply, he is better :)

#118 pBmMalaysia, Aug 19, 2011
  19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Here is what the thread OP wrote in the first post on this thread:

Any thoughts?

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

He always make it seem like he can come from behind to win with a sudden burst of energy, reinforcing the perception of his mental strength. He usually conserves energy after the interval so he has the reserve to make a strong finish. If his opponent is aware of how he rations his energy, they will try tactics to make him use up a lot of energy after the interval so he cannot make a strong finish. Remember how he lost to LCW in the Swiss Open? LD attacked so much after the interval he had no energy left in the end to even play a backhand. So what happen to the injection of pace, huh? I m sure LD learned from his mistake there. That s why if LCW wants to make his win over LD easier, all he has to do is analyze videos of LD s matches with him, know why he wins/loses and adjust his tactics accordingly. Once LCW knows why LD has to play the way he does, LCW should know what tactics to use and play with confidence. Problem is, like all MAS players and coaches, he may think intensive video analysis may be a waste of time. That s where MAS players and coaches are stupid. Or they may not even have the intelligence to analyze. Spore s Derek Wong has a simple victory over TH because video research indicates TH cannot keep up with his opponents speed advantage, as long as they have decent skills. In Spore, our sports science support is first class. Maybe LCW can do with some support there.