Nguyễn Tiến Minh - Vietnam's Hottest!

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Loh, Jul 17, 2006.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    wow, great !

do you know in what city the badminton camp will be ??

2. hungle

hungle Regular Member

In Jakarta!

3. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Here are some pics with Asep on 18 Jan, 2012-1 day before he leave VN and let me alone

Attached Files:

4. Nismo333

Nismo333 Regular Member

Hello anh Hung I have seen,that NTM s coming to Switzerland. I've written to you a privat message. Thanks for the reading.

5. hungle

hungle Regular Member

Ok, Nismo333, I am going to see your message now!

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indonesian player hired to train with Tien Minh
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Last Updated: Friday, May 11, 2012
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

http://www.thanhniennews.com/2010/p...ian-player-hired-to-train-with-tien-minh.aspx

The Vietnam Badminton Federation and Ho Chi Minh Badminton Federation have hired a young Indonesian player to help Vietnam’s badminton ace prepare for the coming Olympics.

This is the first time a foreign player has been employed to help a local player practice and sharpen his skills.

Twenty-year-old Adi Pratama, who advanced to the quarterfinals of the World Youth Badminton event in 2007 and is currently ranked 486th in the Badminton World Federation rankings, will be in Ho Chi Minh City for a month from June 22 till July 22.

The US$4,500 cost of hiring the Indonesian will be shared by the Vietnam Badminton Federation and Ho Chi Minh City Badminton Federation.

Explaining the choice of Pratama rather than other, higher ranked players, Hoang Thi Thu Ha, Chairwoman of Ho Chi Minh City Badminton Federation, said, “At this time, the strong players in the region are very busy preparing for the Olympics.

“Also, it would cost much more to hire a more famous player.”

Ha said that the Indonesian player will help Tien Minh, ranked 11th in the world, maintain his form for the London Olympics

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Hmm, that puzzles me slightly...

Think about it, they could send NTM somewhere abroad to one of the Indonesian Clubs and he would be able to train with a variety of strong players that have different games. The coaching would be good as well as the facilities used.

Now I know the Vietnam badminton association might want to keep NTM within Vietnam for his training, but it makes sense to send him to a club in another country in order to get him more variety for sparing.

This deal is more likely to help Adi Pratama, training with NTM all the time, all expenses payed, and access to one of the best players around at the moment.

So, I would have tried to send him to a club like Djarum, Jaya Raya or KLRC, would have cost a similar amount of money, and he would have more access to sparing. Makes sense to me...

8. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    i agree with you :D

9. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Congratulations to Nguyen Tien Minh for defending his men's singles title at the Vietnam Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 when he defeated Takuma Ueda of Japan 21-14, 21-19 in a 50-minute battle.

It was unfortunate that NTM didn’t peak at the London Olympics 2012 when he crashed out to Parupalli Kashyap (India) 9-21, 14-21 in the Group D play stage on 31[SUP]st[/SUP] July 2012.

The winnings of NTM include the following:-

11 VIETNAM OPEN GRAND PRIX
    10 AUSTRALIAN OPEN GRAND PRIX
    09 CHINESE TAIPEI GRAND PRIX GOLD
    09 THAILAND GRAND PRIX GOLD

NTM has never won a super series title but he was a semi-finalist in the following tournaments:-

09 JAPAN SUPER SERIES
    10 HONG KONG SUPER SERIES
    10 INDONESIA OPEN SUPER SERIES
    10 MALAYSIA SUPER SERIES

NTM’s highest ranking was no. 5 accomplished in November 2010.

He began playing when he was aged 11, at the Tinh Vo Club in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and trains twice a day.
    His mother initially objected to his decision on pursuing a career in badminton, thinking it would affect his studies and that he had no future.
    Fortunately, his father supported him.
    NTM said at that time he could either take university exams or pursue the sport.
    He chose badminton and has never regretted the decision.
    NTM has shone in the sport of badminton and in the process he has eclipsed many players from countries well established in the sport.

:D:D:D

10. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    He is a genius, which lack of facilities and coaching also can reach this level... Amazing

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I admire him,it shows what dogged determination,willpower,hard work and a fair amount of talent can do with less than ideal resources. Hope to see a few more like him in Vietnam,including lady players.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Congrats to Nguyen Tien Minh winning the Chinese Taipei GPG '12. Off hand,CMIIW, it seems to me he's won the most number of GPGs among the ROW players, literally 'owning' the Vietnam Open, remarkable.

If only Vietnam has a spread or more balanced mix of players in all disciplines like her next-door neighbour Thailand. Whatever, hats off to NTM.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A geographical oversight, Vietnam and Thailand aren't next-door to each other but separated by Cambodia and Laos,still neighbours nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm surprised he's not playing this month in the DEN SSP and French SS, unusual for him. Hope he's not injured or something.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    NTM's ranking has dropped off the top 10 again, swapping places with Jan O. I think he's probably finally feeling the strain of having to wage a long lone battle with his attritional style.

Another victim of being a player in the age of LCW and LD...

15. lee_91vn

lee_91vn Regular Member

Student
    Come On Tien Minh. He is a great player :)

16. lee_91vn

lee_91vn Regular Member

Student
    This player is Pham Cao Cuong :)

17. lzhaol

lzhaol Regular Member

18. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I really like Tien Minh's interviews. From those I've read he seems like a nice person who speaks his mind.

19. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I recently saw one of his games and I'm disappointed he isn't sponsored by a better company. He's been in Top 10 for awhile now so why is it so hard for him to get a lasting sponsorship? I'm surprised his contract with Victor ended, but it shouldn't be hard for one of the best players in the world to get a sponsorship with Yonex or something. At least, Adidas should have offer something considering he's got a good ranking and decently well-known in the Asian market?

20. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    2013 NTM signed 5 yrs contract with Kawasaki, but in super series tournament or World champinionship he worn YY shirts, even when he was with Victor, he's only making only 5k US a month, for a top 10 world class player, that's insane compare to other players lower than his class in other countries. poor Tien Minh