APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. epermana

epermana Regular Member

I second that. I always get double-blocked grommets stringing Tantrum 150.

2. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

Do you find it confusing to figure out which grommet is for cross and main? or is it relatively straight forward?

3. uzair

uzair Regular Member

Government Worker
    just buy today Apacs Nanopower 9900-BG 66@30lbs for RM 100 and Power Concept 998-BG 66 @ 30lbs..Also for RM 100..get free gift Apacs beg, and t-shirt and also shorts..

My review, the nanopower feel a little bit quick for me but anyway,i like the rackets for the quick manouver as i can reach the shuttle at the high point more earlier.

With Power concept, my god..this is a good racket for the price i buy..the power is good,control even better..i dun had any apacs before but bought to try it today..

Still waiting for my new Ti-10,Arcsaber 10 and Armotec 700..seem using post are little bit late..nevermind..

4. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

like the uzair
    i didnt know apacs before the Apacs Superlight 75 that i broth.
    for the 83$ that i paid i think i got extra :D

5. epermana

epermana Regular Member

I had to figure it out the first time but it is relatively straight forward if you aim for crosses and mains to have the equal spacing. BTW, the double blocked grommets happen regardless whether you do B9-B12-B10-tieoff or B9-B10-B12-tieoff. The concept of having unique grommets for crosses and mains is good but it would have been better if they follow Babolat or Wilson stringing pattern where the mains tie off at the top so you don't get too many strings overlapping at the bottom.

6. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    Hi guys,
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried out all three of Tantrum 200, Pro Furious 2000, and Lethal 50 before?
    Curious on how they compare to each other.
    Cheers

7. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

here's some reviews. I own 4 apacs racket.

1) Edge Saber 10
    just a note I lost this racket (left it on the floor and went to the bathroom >>> home = no more racket).

I played with this for a while. it's pretty even balance IMO, not so stiff, probably flexy if you ask me. absolutely no control on this POS, the shitty part is that it has no power. I use it for double to save my arm from using too much energy smashing. Over all, ok racket, I would rate it the same as the yonex made in taiwan, low end yonex, the cost is about 30-35 USD, which is just slightly cheaper than the yonex low end (like 1/2 the price).

Edge Saber 9.
    Now you would think this POS is the same as the 10 and 7 but it's not, this sucka is alot stiffer, same sort of head light, but it feels slower swinging around. Same sort of power, slightly better control, I hate this thing, it's not very giving. but IMO if you have decent skill this is better than the 10. Similar pricing at 30-35USD

Lethal 50.
    decent weight, generate decent power, for some reason my racket transfer the vibration to my arm, not sure if i'm not used to the stiffness. It's definitely slightly stiff. Moves around quite quick for a power racket. Slightly head heavy at most if not balance. Price is around 60. This is definitely up there with the high end yonex IMO, it has distinctive edge on all aspect, and easy to play with provide the arm power. I like it. Pricing is around 60-80, which is cheap compare to the high end yonex.

9600 Pro tour
    My favorite racket, this thing is fast, super fast, you can hit and get it up in ready position so quick it's almost crazy, it's easy and forgiving, plenty of control, lacks in power, but because it's stiff enough, you can generate alot of power through your arm to compensate. I like it, especially when it's only 45 USD, this is a must buy IMO. Super super racket. The best thing about this is that it feels easy, feels connected to your arm and swing away like an extension. I'll definitely try to pick up a few more before they kill the series. 45 bucks a pop is like 5 racket per 1 NS9900, that's crazy price. People praise the NS9900 for being stiff and generate good power, it's all BS, i saw the same guy with his new NS9900, his bird fly faster because he hit it harder, not because of the racket. the 9600 pro tour is probably slightly head light, i do not believe it's head heavy considering the recovery time and the speed that it moves in respect to it's actual weight.

8. Calvin Ong

Calvin Ong Regular Member

Student of UPM
    Anyone using Visible Hollow 1800? Any reviews on it?

9. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    I tried my friend's VH1800 during warm up and during that brief session I found the VH1800 to be quite a solid racquet (I was using an Edge Saber 10 at that moment).

Well balanced, medium stiffness, and the feeling of hitting a shuttle is different - sort of dampened by its hollow shaft. Definitely better than the Edge Saber 10 by a mile. If I remember correctly, he got it for about RM230-ish, but he said he has been trying to source for another but can't seem to find any in KL. Too pricey for me to consider :)

He strung it using BG66 but didn't ask him about the tension. Seems to be about 22-23 pounds. All in all, good racquet and you won't go wrong with it.

Justin

#1869 justinwyyau, Aug 30, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2009
  10. Calvin Ong

Calvin Ong Regular Member

Student of UPM
    How about Lethal 60 if compare to VS1800?

11. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    No idea. Don't think there is anybody in our group using Lethal 60. Why not go to the shops and test it out? I think I saw some Lethal 60 and VH1700 at MBA.

Justin

12. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    i think either Lethal 50 or Tantrum 200 is a safer bet.
    I'm using Pro Furious 2000 right now. Thinking of changing its string to NBG 95 on a 24G tension to see how it works. My current string on 25G with APACS' Ti-66 Spider ain't that good.

13. Sakuragi80

Sakuragi80 New Member

hi there,

is ur tantrum 200 at 4U? im actually considering to get this racket but unsure of it's spec. how much did u buy this for? thanks heaps.

14. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    Hi I'm in New Zealand and I could buy Apacs AMP90 for 140 NZD or 95USD or 336RM new. That's quite expensive isn't it? But there are no distributors for Apacs and no retailers either. I'm not sure how much it should cost overall.

15. newb123

newb123 Regular Member

who try apacs tantrum shot 767 before??

16. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

I just noticed Apacs Canada doesn't carry Tantrum 200 & Lethal 50 in their web. Does anybody know why ?

17. RocKai

RocKai Regular Member

Hospitality
    Amp90

Probably because they are getting rave reviews from this website and everyone go out to buy one?

I've been looking for Lethal 50 but only come close to Lethal 15. All other types have to be imported.

I've just bought an AMP90 Yay :D:D:D:D!!!! Strung with BG80 22-24lbs and combined with Karakal PU Super grip.

It gives off very nice smashing sounds, solid feel, offer good defense and adequate net control. I need to bring up my skills further more but this racket make it easier.

Would want to try the Tantrum 200 and Lethal 50 but don't think they have any in New Zealand.

18. JkL1212

JkL1212 Regular Member

Apacs Tantrum 200 (Malaysia)

I am looking for a back up/spare racket and I am very keen too give Apacs a try. The particular model I am looking at is Tantrum 200. As I am new to KL since I just moved here bout 3 months ago, I would appreciated it if any fellow BC members recommend me shops that carry this brand & particular model. Would be great if you can provide me with location of the shop with their contact numbers as well.

Thanks in advanced.

19. IngvarC

IngvarC Regular Member

Has anyone here tried APACS Lethal 60? I am wondering how it really compares to Lethal 50. I know that Lethal 60 does not have the dual shaft and that it is supposed to be a little bit stiffer because of it. But I am interested to know if anyone here has tried both of them and can tell me how they compare side by side. I also saw on the Apacs UK website that the Lethal 70 is also double shaft (seems like it is almost the same as 50) so it seems like APACS has not given up on the double shaft for this line of racquets.

20. Shiroa

Shiroa Regular Member

Student
    hey guys, i need quick answer before ordering the apacs nano 9900 pro...

is the apacs nano 9900 power = apacs nano 9900 pro??
    and is it possible to get one under 50 USD?? cos i found a seller who sells 'em for that kind of price, could it be a counterfeit? i heard apacs itself is a clone to yonexs? *no offense :)*
    how does it perform when combined with 30lbs tension of yonex bg85?

hehe.. thx guys, looking forward to my own apacs :D

#1880 Shiroa, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009