AT900 - T/P Fans Club!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Smichz, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    AT900P is slightly more head-heavy +hold -repulsion compared to AT900T. AT900P has box frame while AT900T has aero frame. The Elastic Ti for Power is at 5 & 7 o'clock while for Technique is at 11 & 1 o'clock. In terms of gameplay, some prefer one to the other depending of own's gameplay and technical skills. I have AT900T.

2. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    Love this racket! I own AT900T but broken 3 already sighh!! My friend broke 3 Powers as well hahahaa great rackets but hurts when they break sighhhh....

3. pcyong

pcyong Regular Member

Professional
    I own AT900T its a great racquet. Now i am using RSL laser 9900 its Taper technology, makes the racquet bend easier then AT900T hence, more power. AT900T is my backup racquet now. Hehe..

4. sharpair

sharpair New Member

I have just tested out AT900T

I just got AT900T 3UG4, AS version. Strung with NBG98 24-26 lbs.

Weight: 95g
    bpoint: 300mm with one yonex super grap

I feel the head heaviness is the same as AT900P but much faster. I still need some time to get used to it because I cannot generate as much power as AT900P atm. I think it is because the timing and swing speed cause the birdie bounding off the racket much earlier.

However, the racket is excellent for double as it is fast, quick response for defense as well. clear, drive, drop and net play are excellent. smashing from back court needs some skills but one or two out of 5 times I can smash really powerfully as I swang it so quickly.

Find NBG98 is very bouncy. Only a bit touch can fly a long distance.

5. sharpair

sharpair New Member

Agree. I have the same feeling though I am still in progress with my new AT900T. But the timing and swing speed is critical for generating power in smashing using AT900T. Just need time to adapt myself.:)

I have the AT900P as well. But feel the swing speed is not as fast as AT900T especially when defending or net play.

AT900P: weight - 98g; bpoint - 295mm; BG65 - 24lbs
    AT900T: weight - 95g; bpoint - 300mm; NBG98 - 24/26lbs

6. hc911

hc911 Regular Member

I'm new to the AT900 club. Just received my AT900 power yesterday. Can't wait to play. ^^
    AT900 power with BNG95@ 24lbs

7. sharpair

sharpair New Member

NBG98 with AT900T

After I tried my AT900T for almost 6 weeks (5 hours/week), I find the smashing power actually is partially related to the string used with the racket, NBG98. NBG98 has excellent repulsion power, which is supposed to generate massive power. However, I feel it depends.

Besides the AT900T is a very fast swinging racket, which means the time birdie sticks on racket will reduce marginally, NBG98's great repulsion quality helps reducing that time. In other words, birdie will bounce off the face of the racket frame in a very short time. If you cannot make very fast swing or very quick generation of your wrist movement (press it down to generate smashing power) then birdie will fly off without enough power and the trajectory is quite flat rather than deep down towards the floor. Sometimes, especially in double, birdie moves very fast and flat. I dont have enough time to adjust myself to swing fast enough so the smashing is not powerful. However, when opponents lift the birdie and I have enough time to position myself and smashing is very quick and powerful.

8. tingkai37

tingkai37 Regular Member

does any1 know the string for at900P if you want a little more control, a bit lesser power?less repulsion?

9. subzero813

subzero813 New Member

happy to join the 900t/p club. I've been using the 900T for two years now and switch to the 900P for a year now. Reason I got the 900P, need more power. Coming from a 700(original) the 900T lacks some power. When I want to play defensive game I bring out the 900T.

900P strung w/ bg80 @ 25bls.

10. buckbeak

buckbeak New Member

just got my new AT900P few days ago! previously was using apacs nanospeed but wanted to up my game & power..
    racket is strung with bg66 25lbs

only played once with AT900P, but feels really good, just that I realised my performance went down quite fast when i got tired after a few games

11. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

try a thicker gauge string, eg bg80 or zm70.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

How could anyone want less power ? :p

13. tingkai37

tingkai37 Regular Member

so i can control more?

14. jnkclub

jnkclub Regular Member

Consultant
    Hi all, I heard from my friend that Armortec 900 can easily crack, is it true?

Can someone share your experience ?

15. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

statement is too general... in any case, i doubt the ar900 is fragile

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Mine AT900T G4 JP i have it for many yrs and many2 clashes and paint chips. No problem still going strong ;)

17. jnkclub

jnkclub Regular Member

Consultant
    It mean when they tried to strung 25bls, racket could not handle & racket body crack between two holes.

Caused by string.

Is it true that this model not able to handle 25bls or above that tension>?

18. 3radius

3radius Regular Member

crack i haven't seen yet but string causing a indent or sink marks on frame due to high tension then yes. however, if you buy the replacement strip grommets then no such problems.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Forgot to mention, i strung mine at 28lbs and the previous owner (a very advance player) strung it at30lbs. No problem. If you believe it was caused by the string it maybe its the grommet or string machine or the stringer himself

20. LilYoshi

LilYoshi Regular Member

Hello Hello!
    Yay just joined the club!! woot woot!
    Got a 3U5G AT900T, still have yet to try it out but just totally itching to play.
    Anyways it's unstrung so I need some recommendations, not sure what kind of string I want and tension.

I mostly play defensively, using placements, cross court shots, drops, clears and drives. I only really smash for the kill, or when I know it's going to be a good smash. Any suggestions on what string and tension?
    Thanks in advanced