APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

The reason I asked was because I was thinking perhaps the 4U version would be better for defense and control. It's difficult to know really. I am finding my Lethal 70 (very head heavy and stiff) very good to defend with too. In fact, I think it's just as good as the 3U Tantrum 300.

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

By the way, I wish there were more reviews for the Lethal 100. It sounds like apacs have "shot themselves in the foot" a bit by making the Lethal 60/70 so good. From what I've read and from my experiences, the Lethal 60/70 are still (along with the Tantrum 200/300) the best rackets from apacs.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im glad to see ssj100 lol, this is exactly where you belong man...:D:D (You know rather than discrediting YY and Victor on many other threads and trying to convince everyone including yourself that Apacs is the best racket in the world). Dont get me man wrong Im belong here too, Im a big fan of Lethat 70 (which I borrowed from Irwan_kho), its a great racket. I also enjoy using ultra light rackets which Apacs produces. The only difference is I dont go around and told off people that Apacs are better than the rest.

#4163 Yoppy, May 7, 2011
    Last edited: May 7, 2011
  4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Credit only given where it's due. I (and many advanced level players I personally know) can't help it if I find high-end apacs rackets better performing than high-end Yonex rackets. I call it as I see it. Remember, I started out with Yonex. In fact, I played with Yonex rackets for over 20 years. You already know how I converted to apacs. However, I'm not narrowed minded, and I'm always open to trying new generation Yonex/Victor rackets to compare.

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Again, I call it as I see it. I tried one of those ultra light apacs rackets (Lethal Light Special) and I did not like it - effectively given it to one of the girls at my club.

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Thats not what you said LOL, but anyway (NOMB)

Just imagine if you said this in an YY or Victor fans club thread (you will be hang to dry) LOL but again anyway (NOMB)

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

That girl must be lucky, did you end up going on a date with her??? ups sorry NOMB

8. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

According to one review, the Lethal 100 is more head heavy than the Lethal 70. Sounds like you have personally tried the Lethal 100 yourself? What do you think?

9. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    I couldnt say. I have only used the lethal 90 but my mate who has both said that lethal 70 is a great power racket and quite head heavy (not as head heavy as a L100). He uses it in doubles a lot but also sometimes in singles. He also enjoys the L90 which is not as head heavy but its easier to control for net play. He prefers it in doubles and sometimes in singles as he has strong technique. He is an agressive player so mostly he used the L70 but i am more intermediate so the L90 with its less head heavy frame is better for me to improve technique. Tbh its up to you and your play style but i hope this helps.

10. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    For my strength and level of play (intermediate, medium strength) i found the lethal 100 too head heavy and I didnt have the strength to control it as I would have liked. Its a racket for the more aggressive player but give it a couple of games and your wrist and shoulder will moan. But this is just me. Hope this helps.

11. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

I kinda agree with Yoppy. I know this is an open forum where u can voice out ur own opinion but based on what u reviewed, most of them are discrediting the yonex and victor. Apacs are well known in producing good quality racquets at a cheaper price. Yonex are more on the various technology they research in their R&D. So yeah, they all have their own goods. You are convincing people or more to yourself too frequently that Apacs is where everyone should go to.

12. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Thanks for the information. I am quite tempted to try the Lethal 100, as I think I have a very strong arm/wrist. However, I'll probably wait it out until there are more reviews on it. It'll be interesting to see where apacs goes next with the Lethal series.

13. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, I never thought I came across as convincing everyone to use Apacs. The fact that I am still considering purchasing a MX80/VT80/SW35 (and have said this repeatedly) sort of goes against your "accusation".

For the record, I'm not trying to convince anyone to use anything.

14. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    No problem. I would suggest going to a shop just to try it. Im hoping APACS make a couple more rackets like the lethal 90 and 70 but maybe a little bit more manueverable because the one problem i get is when i have a tricky net shot to play and simply because its a little different in weight i accidently touch the net which can get annoying. Should have that sorted with a bit more practice i think. Though i only have it at 24 lbs till im comfortable with the racket.

15. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Have you tried the Tantrum 200 or Tantrum 300? People tend to say they are very manoeuvrable rackets but still very powerful. In my opinion, there's not much difference. I do agree that it's 99% technique/practise. The Lethal 70 is not super head heavy (perhaps like the Lethal 100?), so it is also potentially excellent to defend with. I managed to defend some bombs from an intermediate-advanced player using the Yonex Z-Slash today quite easily.

16. TheNotoriousLIG

Student
    No i haven't tried the tantrums. They are difficult to get your hands on in Uk atm. I haven't used the lethal 70 yet as that to is difficult to get. I will have to check it out and maybe write a post on it at some point. Maybe after my exams I'll look into getting one.

17. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    HI, i think you can check at Apacs NZ website.
    or you can go to badmintonbay.com i normally buy apacs rackets from this website, really cheap and you can bid the price too.

18. irwan_kho

irwan_kho Regular Member

Account
    if you want a single player racket, you should get apacs lethal 70 or 90.

19. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

their prices are too high. how do you get them cheap over there?
    for ex: posted price for VH2000 is $90. can you get it for $55 from them?

20. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

can you control the flight of the shuttle easilty while you defend?