APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Mark Winston

Mark Winston Regular Member

Hey guys, just wondering what makes the Virtuoso Pro so expensive... it is the most expensive Apacs racket I've seen to date... anyone here knows why or used it before?

2. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    Anyone have experience with the Apacs Blend series? I can't find anything on the internet about em :(

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It comes with an aluminium racket case (and two grips and a pack of string).

DSCN0162-500x500.jpg
    (pic by qqbananastyle)

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Quite a new series. haven't read any review about them

5. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Well just bought a Apacs perfect blend racket. So I guess I'll have to write a quick review when I get it.

6. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

[MENTION=113499]Magicmeatbag[/MENTION]: Have you gotten it yet? Waiting for your review.. :)

7. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

[MENTION=113499]Magicmeatbag[/MENTION]: Have you gotten it yet? Waiting for your review.. :)

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Does anybody tried the Apacs Brave Sword 12 clone and can compare them?

9. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

Such a aluminium case reminds me of those seen in movies like Bourne series. Apacs shud do a ad like this bow-tied guy (like me), attending a speech by a black president , then bow-tied guy (me again) gets up from seat, goes behind somewhere (with curtains), opens this aluminium case (slomo pls).......so instead of sniper rifle.......he takes out his APACS Virtous Pro.....gold colour shimmering.....yeah!

10. boon_keng

boon_keng Regular Member

hi, which apacs is a clone of bs12? got pic? i am interested. thanks.

11. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    To be quite honest the racket isn't very good in my opinion. It's definitely light, moves around easy, stiff is noticeable but not a problem. Also it's head heavy slightly but you won't notice it which is nice. I'd rate the racket as slightly medium stiff. But the racket lacks that solid feel that I love of good rackets. It also doesn't deliver that feeling of power for easy clears and smashes and it was noticeably harder to do baseline clears. Net play is decent due to lightness but control factor isn't as good as other rackets I've tried.

All in all I'd give the racket a 3/5 for pretty much everything except manueverability which is more 4/5. The racket itself doesn't really do anything good but at the same time doesn't really do anything crappy bad either.

Skill level for myself is intermediate / intermediate advanced. Note that it's also been a while since I've played badminton seriously (( 5 years lol )) and I am definitely not a racket hoe by any means lol. My main racket has been the Muscle power 100 for the last ten years. Very stiff racket with awesome control, solid feel and power when hit hard. Another racket I've tried is the nanospeed 2000 which even being headlight and medium rated stiffness was a real pleasure to play with even though it was a little bouncy.

2cents /shrug

12. Taeivon

Taeivon Regular Member

The clone should be Lethal 10, if I'm not wrong...

13. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    So I've gotten the apacs blend racket. Not really impressed lol. Didn't really do anything well but at the same time doesn't really do anything poorly. Was a bit unstable when smacking the shuttle with a good smash and also was harder to get the shuttle to the back of the court in a clear then my other racket.

It was pretty quick though. The slight head heavyness was barely noticeable, and the shaft was a good flex where you noticed it but it was never a problem.

Granted I'm no racket hoe. I've used the same racket for the last ten years which is the Yonex muscle power 100 and wanted to try an Apacs racket. This racket in my opinion is so "middle of the road" it does nothing great but nothing poorly as I said up top. My skill level by the way is intermediate - intermediate advanced and style of play is best described as "all round".

2 cents /shrug.

Edit : Just bought the Apacs virtuoso performance to give the brand a second and more meaningful try. Was on sale half price whoot!

14. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    you bought your virtuoso performance at sportshorizon?

15. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Lol x2 review my bad. Didn't think it went through yesterday.

And yes it was bought from Sportshorizon. Fingers crossed that isn't a bad thing lol.

16. Bbcboy

Bbcboy Regular Member

Hi, can anyone tell me which apacs racquet feels and plays most similar to a yonex voltric 80 please, not just looks wise? Is it the finapi 88 or 101?
    And also which is like a z force?

any help appreciated!

17. mater

mater Regular Member

Nomad
    I've purchased from there in the past. My opinion? Very good at answering my questions presale, not so much after the sale. In my case, a racket arrived strung with a different string than stated on the website. I questioned them and also had a question on another string as far as specs, no answer. No responses to my emails. I am happy with the rackets I ordered but not sure how likely I will order from them again in the future based on my experience. The lack of reply lost me as a repeat customer and any recommendations to friends.

Good luck on your Virtouso Performance, looking forward to hear what you think of the racket.

18. Magicmeatbag

Landscaping
    Well luckily for me I just bought the racket unstrung so it's just a matter of the racket getting to me intact lol. Nice to know about your experience with them though. The only 2 online places I've dealth with so far is sportshorizon and badmintonbay.com and badmintonbay got my order 100% right and shipped to me in 5 days for only 15$ shipping. Considering I live in Canada this is pretty damn nice lol.

By the way I did manage to try that perflect blend racket again. After 10 games I have to say my opinion of the racket has gotten better. Clears and smashes still a little harder to get to the back court but the thing is pretty fast and light to move around. Everything else I said is pretty accurate though. Does nothing well but nothing great so it's just a decent/good all round racket.

The reason I played with it is that my main racket is kinda heavy and stiff and this racket just saved my shoulder and still allowed me to play without over exerting myself. 2 cents like always.

19. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    I'm thinking of buying the slayer 99 or tweet 8000 soon. How good are these racquets?

20. Mark Winston

Mark Winston Regular Member

The Virtuoso Performance is one heck of a racket... though it is in the 87g+-2 range, it is rated as a 4U. Funny that. For me it feels like its on the light side of a 3U. I have used the VP for 3 months now and its the best racket I have used thus far. Very fast racket, smashes are precise and powerful and what surprised me the most is its ability to play net shots so accurately, you would be surprised yourself. Im not exaggerating! Im also using a Lethal 90, and when compared, the VP is such an easy yet powerful racket to use. At half price, its definitely a steal!!! Also, the VP has newer tech than the Lethal 90, which I suspect why the racket feels and plays better than the Lethal 90. The only thing I feel the Lethal 90 is better than the VP is in the smashing department, and only by a bit. Dont let the 295 bp point balance fool you, its not as head heavy as it suggests. In fact, the 290 bp Lethal 90 feels head heavier. Get the VP, you wont regret it. Its really a hidden gem by Apacs.