Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced

She lost to Bae Yeon Ju again. Look like she really has problems with southpaws. It may give some hints to other countries in the Uber Cup, put a southpaw as the #1 WS against LXI. :)

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think her problem is not so much with southpaws - her negative records against them are mostly incurred during her early, salad days - as with herself.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

My guess is that she 's currently suffering from injuries but not a serious one, or maybe her mental state that she had won something big..eg: the OG at a young age.. she even lost to bae of korea in straight sets in all england.. now it is as if anybody can beat her..

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i think Lin Dan and LXR's priorities for this year are:

1. 12th National Games of China (to be held in late August and early September in Liaoning)
    2. BWF World Championshop, to be held in early August in Guangzhou.
    3. Sudirman Cup to be held in late May in KL.

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think she has got a knee problem that hasn't completely healed and is being very careful not to aggravate it. I watched the video that george so kindly provided a link to, and there are clear signs of this.

The hesitancy to jump, the slower, less coordinated movement across to her left on defense; the inability to achieve proper body rotation when she does her trademark sliced crosscourt drops. All of this resulted in many unforced errors you would not normally see.

There was also a slight favouring of the leg when she would walk to take a stance to serve or receive, as well, and when she would just walk around the court between points. It wasn't faked, but it was a natural, deliberate action a body takes to acknowledge, and compensate for a weakness or malfunction.

If I'm right and if she has been instructed not to do anything that would send her down the Wang Lin path, then she's evidently doing the right thing by playing well within herself and letting the results take their course for now. She is one of the CBA's most valuable players at the moment, after all.

#665 cobalt, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  6. Hakular

Hakular Regular Member

Wrong. So wrong.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Sure; if you insist.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    It's hard to say how LXR will be doing in the next 6 months. I say so for the following reasons:

1. it's hard to speculate when LXR will fall out of LYB's favour. LYB has proven himself to be capable of getting rid of world-class players and coaches at a moment's notice. The list is endless.

2. The competition within the Chinese WS team is fierce. If you are out of form or not doing well for whatever reasons, you will be replaced instantly.

3. There is the All China Games to be held in late August to early September. To Chinese athletes, this Games is more important than the Olympics. We, as outsiders, cannot possibly know what deals LYB had struck with the provincial teams.

9. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Heartening to see that Li Xuerui didn't offer any lame excuses or claptrap for her first-round loss to Bae Yeon Ju. The post-match interviews say it all...

http://www.allenglandbadminton.com/olympic-champion-falls-at-the-first-hurdle/

Excerpts:

...“It was personal performance issues, nothing else,” she said. “Not the drift or anything else. I made more mistakes and my strategy was not clear.”

Bae sometimes scored well or made openings with overhead drops and by getting part of the rallies played at the net, with Li looking laboured as she moved forward to dig up low shuttles in the forecourt.

...Did she think she might have pulled the deficit completely back? “I didn’t think that much,” said Li. “I just wanted to perform well, I wanted to perform better than I did.”

In the same article, other quotes from other WS players after the carnage on day 1...

Wang’s movement too looked less than it might have been and Fanetri took advantage by making her move as much as possible. “I haven’t worked out what happened,” said Wang afterwards, looking stern and upset. “I have to analyse it.”

...Nehwal was clear about why the two great players from China had lost, and why she herself, carrying a knee injury, had been in danger when Taerattanachai had come back from 11-17 to 16-18 in the final game.

“They have played too many tournaments,” Nehwal asserted. “And so have I. I didn’t play as I would hope to play but I am just happy I am through.”

...Baun’s performance had imperfections but she once again showed her great attacking potential in a 21-12, 21-10 win over Sashina Vignes Waran, a qualifier from France.

“Of course I noticed what happened to Wang and Li, but I have to focus on what I am doing,” she said. “You can see from what happened there that anything can happen. You only have to play below your level and you can lose.”

10. birdbird

birdbird Regular Member

Is it just me or has LXR declined in her form this past year?

She seems to be rushing on court, her footwork isn't as precise as it was last year when she just dominated. She doesn't seem to be thinking as clear as she was on the court.

Anyone else notice this via her last matches?

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Almost all Olympics gold medalist have declined.

I wonder why. Maybe change of coaches?

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i've been saying that all along, the girls missed their mentor, Zhang Ning.
    Lin Dan, FHF & CY are having an extended break.

Zhao Yunlei is the one needed to pick up her game, but it's kind of difficult as the team keep trying new partners for her.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I really like Tian Q as well. I wonder how she is doing..

BTW, I heard Chen J will be coaching WS.

#673 pcll99, Apr 25, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

he is ...........

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. she used to be much sharper. in the BAC final, it was as if her mind and her legs are elsewhere.

i used to love watching her play as she is always fast, her movements are smooth and gracious, but yet powerful. now those qualities are missing. WYH isn't playing that great during the final either, but she was at least consistent while LXR just not able to keep up.

but then, every player has their up and downs.

she was in top form for the better part of 2012 and late 2011. that's along time. let's hope she will dig out of this and we will see the old Li Xuerui again.

16. Hakular

Hakular Regular Member

li xuerui has lost in all four/five tournaments she has been in this year and out of those tournaments only one final... she SUCKS now. WANG YIHAN FTW

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. a little bit of a slump this year. but don't write her off so quickly.

she did win China, Hong Kong and SS Final back to back at the end of last year. no one can win forever.

18. Hakular

Hakular Regular Member

yes but she hasnt gotten one win yet this year while wang yihan has got 2

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am not trying to compare who is better than who. i am just trying to point out that player have ups and downs. that's all. :)

we should support them regardless of whether they are doing good or not.