Kim Ki Jung & Kim Sa Rang

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by Giga01, Oct 7, 2012.

1. nizze

nizze Regular Member

They are still young and have a long way to go. Each tournament will be a learning experience for them to grow. IMO, give them a few more years, they could be the next top MDs pair of their time.

2. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Kim and Kim are entering French Open as the 4th seeds . If they reach QF they will probably face Hirokatsu Hashimoto and Noriyasu Hirata who they lost a close 3 sets in Malaysia Open earlier this year. If they manage to win that do they will face KKK and TBH whom they have beaten the last 2 occasions, most recently in Japan Open, KKK and TBH are really in form now though.

3. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Hope to see a good performance from them in the French Open

4. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Kim and Kim lost out to eventual champions Lee Yong Dae and Ko Sung Hyun in the semi-final 21-14 22-20. Even though they didn't win they might still move up a spot or two in the world ranking.

#24 Giga01, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  5. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Yeap! Although they did not win the recent Denmark Open SSP and French Open SS, I thought they did rather well advancing to the QF and SF respectively; their scoreline was pretty decent too. :)

See a bright future lying ahead of them if they can up their play and maintain consistency :D

6. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

3 Days left to China Open SS Premier! Kim and Kim are the 5th seeds in this tournament and will face the Germans Ingo Kindervater and Johannes Schoettler, hopefully they will win. In the second round they will probably face LYD and KSH , whom they lost to last time facing them. We'll see how things turn out.

In other news, Kim Ki Jung and Lee Yong Dae are in the final 12th World University Badminton Championship ! And Kim Ki Jung are also in the final in the XD event. Hopefully they will both win Kim and still have energy left in the tank for China Open!

7. badmin_canada

badmin_canada Regular Member

Student
    I think Kim Ki Jung is following Jung Jae Sung's pathway. He is even using his racket (MX-JJS).
    Btw, my partner who plays usually in the back of the court is using MX-JJS.
    THOUGHTS?

8. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

A bit late but does anyone know why they retired in the Indonesia Open? Is one of them injured?

9. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    Kim/Kim favourite 'prey' is forever none other than Koo/Tan...
    Why?
    because "that was easy"...

10. badrat

badrat Regular Member

agree. he even plays second fiddle to Kim Sa Rang, the same way as JJS to LYD.

11. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    i predict they are going to succeed their seniors Ko Sung Hyun/Lee Yong Dae...!!

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah he really does. Not.

13. nizze

nizze Regular Member

In a way, KSR reminds me of LYD; they are more flamboyant and expressive on court. On the other hand, KKJ seem to be more quiet, low-profile like JJS.

But I dun really agree that he plays second fiddle to KSR. He contributes to the partnership too...

14. nizze

nizze Regular Member

I feel that KSR/KKJ has alot of potential to be Korea's top pairing. Hopefully they can be consistent in their play and keep up their form

15. badmin_canada

badmin_canada Regular Member

Student
    I am sure they will.

16. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Well well. A very late congratulations to the WC bronze medal!
    Also good job winning the Yonex Chinese Taipei Open! They seem to be in good form right now!

Up next is China Masters where they will be facing the though Chinese pairing of Hong Wei and Chai Biao. They lost to them last time they met but it was 3 sets and the only time they've ever faced so it could go either way I think. After that their draw is probably good for them with LYD/KSH on the other side as well as CY/FFH(are they playing?) and Liu Xiaolong/Zihan Qui.

17. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Yeap agree. They are steadily improving as time goes by.. hope to see more good matches from them in the future

18. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Well, it was a lot closer score-wise than last time but they still lost in 3: 21-14 21-23 22-24. They are a quite young pair and I hope that they learn from this.

19. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Yay Kim2 are the current Korean Grand-Prix champions! I wonder what would have happened had LYD not injured himself in their match though, hopefully he gets well soon.
    I've felt like they've been in a slump(of course they have faced good players, and the score have been close, but still maybe) since the Taipei GP and the WC's. Hopefully this close win in the final playing another good Korean pair is a sign that they are getting back to form and hopefully even better.

Ki Jung Kim [1] Sa Rang Kim - Sung Hyun Ko [5]Baek Choel Shin 21-15 18-21 25-23

They have a chance to go far once again in the upcoming CO where they in the first match will face a Chinese pair from the draw.
    I think the match against the Japanese pair in the 2nd match can be tough and if they win it it could perhaps become a rematch with the World Champions, which they currently lead 1-0, but I think they faced early in the Indonesians partnership. Hopefully Kim2 aren't too tired from the KGP.

#39 Giga01, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  20. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Kim and Kim will play in the Super Series Finals Final tomorrow! Once again they will play Hendra Setiawan and Mohammad Ahsan.
    I hope they have stamina left because they have been on court for far longer than the Indonesians.