Will Lee Chong Wei remain World No.1 until the 2012 OG?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Apr 6, 2009.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Yes, you can play 30 tournaments with 1st round finishes and never get as far as LCW participating in only 5 tournaments.

2. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

Yup, I cannot remember too :)
    If LD now has played one tournament more than LCW but always controversial 'result' :rolleyes:
    Therefore, I'am no doubt LCW will remain World number 1 until 2012 OG :)

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Will Lee Chong Wei remain as World No.1 until the 2012 London Olympic Games?

Yes, this thread will be coming to an end (at the 2012 London Olympic Games).

I agree with you luvina, as we started this discussion more than 2 years ago;

It's a pity that we have found no challengers for LCW (so as to make this discussion more interesting). :eek::eek::eek:

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei wants to carry his winning run into 2011 World Badminton Championships

Lee Chong Wei wants to carry his winning run into 2011 World Badminton Championships

World Number 1, Lee Chong Wei desires to carry his great run of form into the 2011 World Badminton Championships, starting from August 8, at London, England.

The top seed does not want to get involved in the debate of whether or not he will become the first Malaysian to win the title at the World Championships. According to Wei, he just wants to remain focused on his goals, and try to carry on with his consistent run which has seen him clinch six major titles so far this year.

In all of his showings in the previous editions of the mega event, Chong Wei remained was under immense pressure created by the huge expectations of the Malaysian fans. However, this time he wants to concentrate on remaining fit and playing well in the event without letting pressure take its toll.

While talking about his prospects in the championship, Chong Wei said, "I don't want to be caught with historical facts and become too desperate. I have been playing well this year and I want to play with the confidence that has helped me to be successful in the Super Series."

He further added, "I haven't won the World Championships and I will go for it but at the same time, I want to be relaxed which has been my secret for being very consistent this year."

Chong Wei, who is known as the “King of Super Series”, said that he will take the World Championship as a super series event and will look to win the title in London without taking the pressure of being the top seed.

In the mega event, Chong Wei will face many top and experienced shuttlers from China, Indonesia, Korea and Denmark. His main rival, Lin Dan, who has won the Men’s Singles crown three times, will also be there eyeing his fourth title.

However, Chong Wei remains confident that as long as he sticks to his game plan and gives his best in every match, his chances of clinching the seemingly elusive title are high as ever.

Source: http://blogs.bettor.com/Lee-Chong-W...nto-2011-World-Badminton-Championships-a81865

5. iqbaljuve

iqbaljuve Regular Member

student
    i hope next month (in WC) i can watch great match between :

"king of super series"

vs

"most complete title MS (compared from other MS player) in the world now"

#785 iqbaljuve, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Wishing to watch a LCW-vs-LD match at the 2011 World Championships

So are most BCers here, wishing to watch a LCW-vs-LD match at the 2011 World Championships.

However, team China may arrange for LD or other CHN team members to play against LCW.

Let's wait to see what will happen. :):):)

7. flite

flite Regular Member

I found it tiring by reading the same/repetition "pun intended" line over and over in BC. When its used once too often it becomes dull.

Now, when LD isn't capable of being world no.1 and hold all the majors at the same time when given the opportunity, what "most complete" are you talking about here? Of course its easier when you give up on something eg.(world ranking) and focused on another (majors) and that apply to LCW too.

Do come back and brags only when he does that. :)

#787 flite, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  8. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    flite: i think iqbaljuve is talking about LD having the "most complete" set of titles among active MS players. LD has never been the most complete player even in his peak...

9. flite

flite Regular Member

Understood. In fact I was the one who paid this compliment to LD in his thread some times ago if you know what I am talking about...

10. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    So, What you are trying to tell us is that you think LCW is a more complete player because he has given upp asian games, World championship title and te olympic gold in order to get to no.1 in the world rankings???

I don't really see the logic reasoning here..

11. flite

flite Regular Member

In which post or line did you see I relates the word complete in regards to LCW as you have suggested?? If you don't find any then can I say that you were merely assuming?

I don't really see the logic in your accusation in the first place..

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Who is the better player, Lee Chong Wei or Lin Dan?

Let's not go into this discussion again - Who is the better player and/or the "most complete" player, Lee Chong Wei or Lin Dan? We have discussed this before, several pages back.

In this thread, we shall only be talking about Lee Chong Wei remaining as World No.1 (according to the BWF World Ranking). This is a title by itself. :):):)

13. flite

flite Regular Member

No problem mate and in fact that wasn't my intention at all. Not sure about others though who brought the "complete" LD over here.:)

14. iqbaljuve

iqbaljuve Regular Member

student
    yes, i mean most complete titles among active MS players

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Lin Dan has won most of the major titles over the last few years

This is true; Lin Dan has won most of the major titles over the last few years, which were selected for him.

If we were to observe what Lin Dan has achieved (winning the many major titles), we can see that it was carefully planned for him, targeting to win the more important major titles.

As for Lee Chong Wei, his schedule was more hectic. LCW, in past years, just participated in as many tournaments as possible, as he was sent by BAM to participate.

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

did you mean
    Lin Dan has won ALL of the major titles over the last few years?

17. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Did Lin Dan win ALL of the major titles over the last few years?

There is still a debate whether the All England Championships is considered as a major tournament or not.

If the All England Championships is considered as a major tournament, then Lin Dan did not win ALL of the major titles over the last few years. :):):)

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

depends on your definition of 'last few years' really. Lin Dan won AE 4 times, the last being 2009.
    unless your 'last few years' lasted around 1 year and a bit i think
    Lin Dan did won ALL major titles over the last few years.

19. flite

flite Regular Member

Talk the walk and walk the talk pls...:):):)

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    It is normal for badminton lover like Chris to veered off course, sometimes.