Wang Xin ( 汪鑫 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Agree,that's what I thought so too. So in this coming INA,should there be all-CHN affairs in the semis,then there will be free fights,and LXR-WX is the one for me.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    If, in OG2012, WX and WYH meet in the final, that would be interesting. WX is older than WYH but in terms of seniority i guess WYH is the senior (but i may be wrong about this).

#202 pcll99, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

WYH is definitely at the top of the WS food chain

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    that's what one would normally expect as WYH is and has been ranked No. 1 for a very extended period of time (except of course for the few months after the Uber2010).

But if i remember correctly, WX got into the National squad a long time ago (ie, before WYH got in). But WX had to return to Baiyi because of injury. Isn't that right?

Curiously, reporters keeps asking LYB who is the "leader" or the "No. 1 person" of the women singles. LYB has consistently refused or dodged the question.

#204 pcll99, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yea man,if I were Li YB I will hum and haw, act stupid, anything but openly state my chosen one as that would upset so many people, why invite trouble? Everything will be decided when the time comes,never tie yourself down before then,what if the situation suddenly changes and you've to eat back your words? Any explicit statement he makes now as to his preference or choice is unwise,may be viewed as unfair and will affect the morale of those not singled out. That's why even until today,he refuses to rule out WSX's chances, claiming she's still in the running.

6. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Badminton has a short history in OLY, so not hard to find out which match or matches you think CHN fixed, actually more like which match that LYB fixed therefore your search is even shorter, as I think prior to LYB, match fixing was not prevalent. I can only recall WS SF between YZY and GSC where YSY was ordered to throw her match so that GZC will face Mia. It worked and CHN got her MS gold.

But when it came to All-CHN final or ALL-CHN SF especially in a major tourney e.g. OLY, AG or WC, it is free for all. LYB or CHN mission has been accomplished, as long as CHN gets the OLY/WC gold or clean sweep OLY/WC gold-silver-bronze, it doesn't matter which individual gets it...it is all about winning for CHN's glory...i.e. the individual comes next to CHN, except LYB achieves his huge bonus cheque of scoring that OLY gold for CHN, kaching!;)

I have said in many previous posts, that the single biggest threat to CHN players is not from the rest of the world, especially now that the one non-CHN chap that could derail LYB plan is out with an injury, but from their own teammates. They play/train together and watch each player day in day out, they know each other games inside out. That is why WX is a force to non-CHN player but would lose to lower rank teammates. If LXR gets into OLY, she would be WYH's threat, not WX.

7. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I'm still rooting for WX to win the gold. And if not WX, then CSC. :D:D:D

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    As long as Saina Nehwal doesn't win it, I am okay with anyone winning even it's not a Chinese.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

but she will be well prepared and with the best form of her life come London.
    and everyone are frightened of play against her (who said that... ).

surely the gold is in the bag.

10. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Oh thanks for reminding me! :p:p:p
    WX, or CSC, or Saina!!!

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    How can you like a player who openly declared the Chinese as public cheaters out of sore loser-ness? Oh well it's your call.

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    She wasn't wrong; and you are in denial. But then, that's your problem! :D

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Ok let me phrase it another way. She implicitly accused Chen Xiao Jia of cheating even though she was fairly beaten and then she spread the accusation to the whole Chinese team, implying all of them need to cheat in order to win (which is another bullsh!t)

Sorry this is Wang Xin post and I wont go any further about this Villain.

14. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I made this comment back in 2006

:D:D:D I made this comment back in 2006;

I hope that Saina doesn't get to read your post. :(:(:(

15. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Words like "Villian" and "arrogant" and worse roll very easily off your tongue when it comes to describing Saina and other Indian players and people. I invite you to explain to everyone what exactly Saina has done to justify being called a Villian in a public forum. Remember that she needs to have cheated, or benefitted from some form of unfair or partisan judging time and again, to fulfill this criteria. She needs to have actively supported and participated in manipulation of matches.

If you cannot show this, then I advise you to shut up about Saina once and for all. Otherwise, you are putting your prejudice front-and-centre for the world to see. Personally, I think you are more intelligent than that, and you don't need to sink to such low levels.

You hit out with character-assassinating words like this at a player and person who has no way of responding to you directly. She (as do almost all players) gives her best for her team and country everytime, often under adverse conditions. She speaks her mind, and is not afraid of facing the consequences on court, for better or worse. She definitely has shown more balls than you. You however, probably need to reassess your attitude and your priorities.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

My choice for London Gold is Wang Xin, Wang Yihan and Li Xuerui in that order,purely based on subjective preference not skills in terms of which all three are more or less equal.

I'm afraid the rest don't stand much of a chance unless one of the Chinese screws up. Remember this isn't a team event, one player's loss won't directly pull the rest down.

For non-CHN players, I rate Sung JH, Inthanon R and Tai TY's chances as highest,not necessarily in that order. Saina is too inconsistent for me but she may surprise in a 1-in-4-years event, I guess anybody could if i may say so.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You rephrased it better and sounded more agreeable,yes,do be careful with your choice of words and phrases.

Indeed,China players win their matches fair and square. Equally, Saina should be careful with her words and back up what she claims; otherwise,it is wise for her to just shut up and let her racquet do the talking a la Tine Baun, Juliane Schenk et al. Remember what her coach and mentor P Gopichand said here http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...mpic-medal-Gopichand/articleshow/12914047.cms ... Ah,I digress too much,this is Wang Xin's thread.

To me,Saina should count herself lucky to be in India. In China,any player who cannot reach at or near the top in 5 years,that's about as long she's been in the international circuit,would most likely be sidelined by other up-and-coming players as in the case of Jiang YJ who didn't even get one chance to play in the Olympics, let alone two. I'd urge Saina to talk less, train more and concentrate on badminton,and cherish her second chance at Olympic medal. I wish her all the best. But I have to say,I think Sung JH, Inthanon R and Tai TY are bigger threats to China than Saina.

Among the Europeans, Juliane Schenk is my top pick followed by Tine Baun.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yes. Agree.

But Tine may have a chance at a silver or bronze medal. She does ok on european soil.

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member