REVIEW: Adidas adizero pro badminton racket

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kwun, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. looks nice, if this one available in Indonesia I might buy it..
    this one has very nice paint job. I really hate their other rackets' paint job though, esp the precision series. they butcher it, it looks like a very cheap racket..

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    can anyone help me to compare adizero pro with MX80?

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Probably more comparable to 5U ArcFB than anything...

4. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yeah I know, but both is stiff and have the same BP (around 295mm)
    if they are around 82 gram (80+/- 2 gram right?) then it is 2 gram differences compared to my MX80.. (84 gram if I'm not wrong) so I really wanted to know how it performs compared to their heavier competitor
    is it really sacrificing a lot of power and solidness of the shot for speed?

5. fmqpt791004

fmqpt791004 Regular Member

College Student
    a tapered shaft, oh I wonder how it works.
    Can anybody provide me a link about a tapered shaft and its science behind the design?

6. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    Reading the review (and other comments throughout this thread) this sounds like a racket that would be up my alley. Granted, it's a lot of money to drop onto a racket when I am only but a club player, but I have been playing the game for a good while now. The kind of game I play is not unlike what Kwun describes, I enjoy driving the bird, and smashing when I can. I know the weight of the racket is an issue for some, but I am a larger fellow, and rather muscular. Generating power is not an issue, I mean I've been pulling out my Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722, probably 80g strung (to spare my shoulder I use a light racket) and can bring some serious smashes to a doubles game. But I am getting older (I'm only 34, so not *old*) and my shoulder says heavier rackets are not good for me anymore, as it takes longer to recover now. :p But the fact you were able to get good velocity from this racket on your smashes is a good sign. And it looks like the construction on this racket would prove to be pretty durable.. It really does seem Adidas took this venture very seriously, and the work is paying off!

Kwun, your reviews are always a pleasure to read, with the amount of detail you put into it. And as far as stringing rackets go, it's actually quite fascinating to watch you work. I have to ask, how long did it take for you to get your technique down? I want to learn to string my own rackets eventually, but I imagine starting off it would take me about twice as long (or more) to do what you did in that video. :D

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Hi BBEdrummerAK, glad you like the review and glad you find it helpful. rackets depends a lot on personal preference. i have seen very big guy who prefers the lightest of racket, and vice versa! and they all play very well. the Adizero is a very nice racket. I am always surprised by it every time i use it and many people also think the same after i let them demo it.

as for stringing, if you do start doing it, don't be surprised if you end up taking an hour (or sometimes 2 hours). it is a long learning process. my technique is always evolving over the hundreds of rackets that i have strung. it is a constant learning process. check out the rest of the videos and that should give you an idea how the whole process works. nowadays with youtube it is much easier to get the feel. we used to have to hang out in the store to watch people string. ;)

8. sanredrose

sanredrose Regular Member

Engineer
    I own four racquets and i can confidently say AZP has become by No 1 choice !

1. Adizero Pro (Adidas hybrid string @ 21 lbs)
    2. Yonex Arcsaber 10 (BG80 @ 22 lbs) (3U-G4)
    3. Yonex VT70 (BG80 @ 22 lbs) (4U-G4)
    4. Yonex VT-ZF (BG80 @ 22 lbs) (4U-G4)

Adizero Pro feels more like a lightweight version of Yonex Arcsaber 10. I am using it for the past 4 weeks and find that my reflexes in a doubles game is far better when compared playing with other two. While playing mid court & close net, the racquet feels more like an even balanced racquet. When you are pushed to the baseline i kind of feel a little bit of weight in the head and gives me a good smash, but an experienced player should be able to return it, unless your direction control was very good. I tried the same smashes with VT-ZF & VT-70, being true to their design, smashes should be rated outstanding if AZP is rated good ! The backhand clear & backhand slice shots feel very different when played with AZP. It took me quite sometime to get a hang of it.

AZP in my opinion is more of an even balance racquet with a little bit of weight in the head. It's an excellent competitor with Arcsaber 10 or 11. It's no match for a VT-ZF or VT-80. Adipower Pro is a more apt competitor for the Voltrics. Given that i am an intermediate level player and the club i play with, AZP full fills my needs for both singles and doubles match. I lose one or two points here due to missing smashes, but i gain a lot in terms of quick reflex and close net play.

9. sanredrose

sanredrose Regular Member

Engineer
    I own four racquets and i can confidently say AZP has become by No 1 choice !

1. Adizero Pro (Adidas hybrid string @ 21 lbs)
    2. Yonex Arcsaber 10 (BG80 @ 22 lbs) (3U-G4)
    3. Yonex VT70 (BG80 @ 22 lbs) (4U-G4)
    4. Yonex VT-ZF (BG80 @ 22 lbs) (4U-G4)

Adizero Pro feels more like a lightweight version of Yonex Arcsaber 10. I am using it for the past 4 weeks and find that my reflexes in a doubles game is far better when compared playing with other two. While playing mid court & close net, the racquet feels more like an even balanced racquet. When you are pushed to the baseline i kind of feel a little bit of weight in the head and gives me a good smash, but an experienced player should be able to return it, unless your direction control was very good. I tried the same smashes with VT-ZF & VT-70, being true to their design, smashes should be rated outstanding if AZP is rated good ! The backhand clear & backhand slice shots feel very different when played with AZP. It took me quite sometime to get a hang of it.

AZP in my opinion is more of an even balance racquet with a little bit of weight in the head. It's an excellent competitor with Arcsaber 10 or 11. It's no match for a VT-ZF or VT-80. Adipower Pro is a more apt competitor for the Voltrics. Given that i am an intermediate level player and the club i play with, AZP full fills my needs for both singles and doubles match. I lose one or two points here due to missing smashes, but i gain a lot in terms of quick reflex and close net play.

10. Pinstruck

Pinstruck New Member

Purchasing Manager
    For UK readers.....

Curently on sale in Central Sports @ 82.07 GBP!

11. Smashthecock

Smashthecock Regular Member

Interior Design
    Hi,

I have an Adizero pro for sale, it is new other (tried for 10 mins literally), it is regripped and re-strung with zymax 65 at 25lbs, price in the UK is £85 delivered

12. Smashthecock

Smashthecock Regular Member

Interior Design
    Incidentally I brought the racket from Central Sports, with shipping etc it cost £113, I have the receipt if necessary.

Jag 07947 46 55 66

13. andyang

andyang Regular Member

hie everyone..

i would like to know if adizero pro is made in china or made in taiwan?

ur reply is much appreciate. :)

version and colour is the 1 Kwun posted.

thanks

14. cloudstrife

cloudstrife Regular Member

It's made in China.

Though initially they were planning for 2nd generation Adizero Pro S (made in Taiwan) last year but so far no news about it.

15. MiltonBaddie

MiltonBaddie Regular Member

Hello

I bought my AZP six months ago from Vancouver, loved it and then went and picked Adipower Pro and Duoforce from badmania France. AZP became third choice!

Tonight - halfway through club doubles game the racquet just buckled and broke at 2'o clock position. Anyone else had this issue? No dents, smashes, clashes...:crying:

16. MiltonBaddie

MiltonBaddie Regular Member

Tonight my Adipower Pro broke at the 2'o clock position - this was bought from Badmania France. So either my style of play is breaking this, or I am not sure of the racquet quality.

Has anyone else broken their Adi Pros?

17. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    kwun and malike.... can u all please check for me whether this AZP i got is original?

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Daniel_How/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Where did you get it from and how much?

19. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    I swapped my flame n36 with a guy named speck on bc.. he intended to sell for rm320.
    It it ori?

20. giggle

giggle Regular Member

looks fake..