Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    3 datuks (1 is a so-called Dr scientist thingie and the other chap who smell enough of BATA shoes to get a job as high performance when he himself does not perform high) and 2 chinese guys (1 is an ex-lawyer who obviously must be a bad dude that cannot make a living of the law to find high paying job as BAM secretary) met to scheme damage control...NCC appointed himself to head team for WC11, the entire team cannot get past the QF, except for another Datuk to go to final. What a flop and a waste of funding, no accountability for himself. KKK/TBH 6-7 straight losses to this KOR 2nd team, Utube interview with NCC and KKK was painful but also real life comedy, free of charge courtesy of Utube...so lame and easy to blame on the coach, never to themselves...that is called deflect the heat and muddy the water or an excuse to fire Rexy...kinda wonder what is LCW got KO by CJ or if CL did not screw up and KO LCW in QF, that would make MAS medal-less, now blame on TSB, probable and why not after all TSB is a filling-in temp coach as MS is the chosen one most people kiss up to..On another note, just about everyone is a Datuk and the wife automatically becomes a Datin, who else in Malaysia is not a Datuk, maybe I should stay there, maybe I get one too....LOL:D:p

#1461 OneToughBirdie, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    KKK said no good quality sparring partners.Kenny goh and gangs said training got problems.I am waiting what will Rexy said.NCC, KG, DSN, DJS, come on lah, stop blaming here and there. And who the hell is ramlan?

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The Star Online > Sports
    Saturday August 27, 2011
    Physical problem Rexy: Koo-Tan need to work on their conditioning
    By RAJES PAUL
    KUALA LUMPUR: National doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky does not think that there is anything wrong with the training programme he drew up for men’s doubles shuttlers Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.
    Instead, Rexy says that the root of the problem lies with Kien Keat’s and Boon Heong’s physical condition, which saw them going down with a whimper against powerful South Koreans Ko Sung-hyun-Yoo Yeon-seong for the fifth time in the quarter-finals of the World Championships in London recently.
    And Rexy is ready to take over the task from the National Sports Institute (NSI) to improve the athletes’ physical condition – especially to make them more agile on court – ahead of next year’s Olympic Games in London.
    Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) had concluded on Thursday that Rexy’s training programme needed to be reviewed based on scientific findings made by the NSI team during a special meeting to discuss about Kien Keat-Boon Heong’s progress over the last year.
    Last year, Kien Keat-Boon Heong reached the final of the world meet but they ran out of steam against China’s Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng.
    “We need to step up the agility training for the players.
    “Our players did not attack the shuttle at the top of the net like the Koreans. They were slower. The Koreans were physically more superior.
    “Our players got off to a brilliant start but could not sustain their form. It all leads to their physical condition.
    “I would prefer the NSI to focus on weight training for the players at the gymnasium and let me focus on the agility training for the players on the court,” said Rexy.
    The NSI trainers currently handle all forms of physical training for the players but all programme are done in consultation with the coaches.
    “I am an Olympic and world champion and I know what is needed by a player. During my time, I used to do skipping and shadow training.
    “These traditional methods saw me winning major titles. It all goes back to how much one pushes himself on the court.
    “Based on my experience as a player, I have the instinct and I can sense what a player needs. Sometimes, a physical trainer may not be able to gauge how much a player need to be pushed.”
    Rexy said that it was best for all parties to be united in assisting Kien Keat-Boon Heong to top form again.
    “Usually, the coaches get the brunt of it when the players fail. Why no one questions when they win? England defeated India during a cricket match and guess what happened?
    “Despite winning, the English team came out with four measures to improve on certain areas of their game.
    “Here, we only come under scrutiny when we fail,” he said.
    “The role of everyone is important. I hope that there would be a better two-way communication between the players and coaches. I can push the players in training but they will also have to have the right attitude to push themselves.”
    The Indonesian said that he was open to any decision made by the coaching and training committee on Sept 8. The main agenda of the meeting would be on the players’ performances at the world meet and future planning for the Olympic Games.
    “I will give my report and share my assessment of the players’ performances. The management may have the scientific finding or may form other opinions.
    “I am open to criticism as it will make me a better coach. But, I hope that they will not resort to just blaming one party,” added Rexy.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/8/27/sports/9384249.asp&sec=sports

4. eaglehelang

[h=2]Future with BAM, not elsewhere[/h] By K.M. Boopathy

2011/08/27

THERE has been speculation Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong may leave the national team but coach Rexy Mainaky has said any such move would affect the pair's London Olympic hopes.
    Though Rexy hasn't directly heard of the pair contemplating leaving the BA of Malaysia, he said it would be hard for them to find sparring partners if they leave the national fold.

"Kien Keat-Boon Heong have not been performing well of late and outsiders may suggest to them that turning professional would be a better solution. I hope, for the sake of their career, they remain with the national team," said Rexy, whose own future remains in doubt.

"There is no guarantee they can get quality sparring partners and the most important aspect is physical training, which they must conduct themselves.

"They lack speed and power and improvement on these two elements can be achieved with better physical condition and it is always better if someone monitors them.

"There are only 11 months left before the Olympics and the current situation can be turned around by making changes in their training programme."

The national team have already been weakened by the departure of Zakry Latif and Fairuzizuan Tazari, leaving Hoon Thien How and Ong Soon Hock seeking new partners.

A temporary measure will see Soon Hock partnering Mak Hee Chun until the end of the year while the proposed combination of Thien How and Tan Wee Kiong will be finalised once back-up coach Tan Kim Her returns from the ongoing Vietnam Open.

On his part, Rexy will seek the help of National Sports Institute (NSI) physical conditioner expert Sean Sturgess, who was instrumental in guiding the men's doubles squad between 2006 and 2008.

It was during this period that Kien Keat-Boon Heong were at the top of their game.

Sturgess was appointed as the physical conditioning coordinator for the Road to London programme in 2009 but Rexy felt the former's assistance would mean a big difference in turning Kien Keat-Boon Heong into world class performers again.

"It is a known fact that Kien Keat-Boon Heong are lagging behind the top pairs because of speed and power but the core problem is the physical level of these players," added Rexy.

"They normally play well in the first game where speed and power is there to be seen but they can't sustain that. A change in physical training is needed and I will seek Sean's help to overcome the problem.

"Our doubles players used to be in peak condition during the period Sean was with us and Kien Keat used to be exceptional. He used to be the fittest and fastest.

"We are looking at every avenue to make a change and I feel that roping in Sean will make a big difference in changing the fortunes of Kien Keat-Boon Heong."

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/43mururexxx/Article/art_print

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Post 1464 & 1465, thanks eagle :)

Gosh! It's happening :D

Doesn't rexys statement sound familiar?

"...instinct ..." "...push..." "...traditional ...." ".....sense what a player needs...".

Will rexy say it all? Indirectly he had :D

"...taking over the task of NSC to improve ....".

"...I would prefer NSC focus on weight training ...."

let's wait what CTC gonna say next :D : D

#1465 pBmMalaysia, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    is it me or are the players, BAM and coach not sitting down face to face, but instead arguing whoever is right through the media???

now that's something that to be fixed first. communication. they are not sitting down to discuss and solve the problem, but instead just talking to the media.

that to me seems rather strange.

i am sure in other teams, players and coach will sit down and try to address and fix the problem. instead of getting interviewed and quoted (and probably mis-quoted) via some newspaper reporter.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I suggest TBH/KKK strip NAKED in front of a mirror, look long and hard;):D...of course, not together but do it privately:D and say honestly, they were simply out played, out run, out gunned and hopelessly clueless playing the 2 KOR dudes who said in Badzine, they prepared and read TBH/KKK games inside out.;) In OG08, when LD out played LCW, at least Datuk had the honestly to admit he was clueless playing LD as LD on that one Beiging night, was playing the best badminton in his life;)
    I was LOL with these scientific BS and BATA James high performance BS which are just another high payroll for 2 useless chaps...it is like if a player does not pride himself to work hard, nothing will help....maybe it is better to pick up the cell phone and call Jesus for help:D:p
    Take a look at LCW...in 2006, his weakness are a whimpy smash, defence okay, mental forget it when facing LD, sure LM, MS and TSB can claim credit for LCW developments, but that chap's defense today is probably the best, his smash is potent and his mental is getiing better, that is why he won 6 SS, WR1 and has a bull eye pin on his back for OLY12 by CHN. The coaches can yap, warming the coach's chair or play cheer leader but really can do only so much for the player, in the end the player has to execute the play.
    When Rexy coach them to win AE and AG, and later threaten to quit, this duo cry baby and yearn for Rexy to stay put...so fast forget about the good times and now cohort with these BAM mafias to plot outing Rexy as fall guy for WC12 flop. It is called protecting the iron ricebowl, deflect the public/media attention and keep the loot flowing...until the last RM is looted.;)

8. eaglehelang

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    A player without disipline wont go far.

I heard some BAM shuttlers are DRUNKEN MASTER, SMOKER, and GOD OF GAMBLER.

10. victory

victory Regular Member

A player without discipline wan't go far. That is very true.

AI don't know if KKK and TBH really are drunken master, smoker and god of gamble . But I do know they have side businesses apart from being ambassador of this and that products.

Being ambassador of brands is easier to manage. But side businesses are never easy.

11. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
  12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I did not say that they are. I said some of the BAM shuttler.

13. victory

victory Regular Member

Yup. I understand what you mean. I also didn't mean to imply you said they are drinkers, smokers and gambler. I know you are saying some shuttlers.

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Time for berseh man. lmao.. ;)

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So now the latest problem is koo/tan dislike rexy?:eek: Come on la... it is they who play the game and now they seems like blaming their loss to the Korean pair to REXY himself.. WTF.

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

We been talked about agility, fitness, power, stamina.............since 2008 until now.....Rexy have mentioned these in his interview recently !!

Plus the right attitude on court...........

These are lacking in KKK/TBH comparing to KSH/YYS, HS/MK, LYD/JJS and FHF/CY...and many more MD pairs.

KKK/TBH is a pair with great potential, but just wasted their talents and time because of their poor displine, bad attitude and ignorance.....sad for them !!

#1476 jasonmarc, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

After 'berseh'.........if still down-hill then become 'lakseh'.........LOL :D

18. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Player's problem has been around for ages. Only LCW has the discipline to go thru the regiment. Not that
    he did not "sneak" out occasionally. But he knows his responsibility as a player.

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

it looks like BAM is going to have DOWNFALL... and then it will be the end of the Malaysia Badminton Era...

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what Malaysia Badminton Era?