*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Regular Member

Have you tested the Switch yet? The concept seems very interesting. What is the balance of the racket with and without the strip?

2. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Prolly a genuine error by an overly eager worker bee who scanned the list of countries capitals on his spreadsheet and clicked on Beirut instead of the one just above it, you think? ;) :cool:

3. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

Having read all the reviews and information on the facebook, i do feel that the line up is a bit confusing to me... It's not as easy to follow as the Yonex line up. Yonex's line up can be distinguished by different headheaviness. But Adidas line is not that simple... It seems every series has different head heaviness racket. It's more like Victor's. I am now really not sure which one to get to replace my BS09 for doubles if i am going to pick one from these rackets... and please give some review on the Adiprecission... Why did you pick the precission 88 but not Pro or Tour? what is the main difference between Pro and Tour?

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The adipower line is similar to the Voltrics/Armortecs while the adizero line is similar to the Nanospeeds/Nanorays....don't see what your problem is. There's one lighter, speed-oriented and a more heavy, power-oriented line of rackets...that they don't have an own Arcsaber-like line doesn't bother me, not all manufacturers have to have the same line-up as Yonex after all. The Arcsabers weren't so distinguishable by head heaviness anyway (some Nanospeeds were HH than some Arcsabers...).
    That some adizero and adipower rackets have similar BPs doesn't mean they swing similarly, the adipowers have much higher weights and thus are actually more head heavy.

#604 j4ckie, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    exactly.

BP is only part of the equation. i can have a 300+mm BP but 7U racket and it will be head light.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    adipower and adizero is basically heavy and light. it is that simple.

precision however, takes some understanding, basically they are softer feeling racket that is supposed to be better for control. the weight and BP for precision series are kinda all over the place.

7. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

thanks. i understand BPs are not the same as the swing weights. What confused me is on the Adizero Pro's spec, it clearly stated it's a head heavy racket, i thought Adizero is a head light series regardless the BP. But in the Adipower Tour's spec, it says it's a even racket whereas i expect it to be a head heavy racket...

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree. their definition of balance and head heaviness is not as clear as we defined them to be.

9. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

that's exactly my point... some Nanospeeds have high BP but they still swings light because the weight isn't on the top of the head so Yonex still class them as head light racket...

10. lordrogue

lordrogue Regular Member

Is the demo days somehow in relation to the release date in various countries? Or when can you actually buy things?

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Adizero Pro isn't head heavy. The target weight is 80g, even with the 295mm BP it's still light and fast...they just label the BP for those not familiar with the numbers (i.e. those that don't know 295+mm are head heavy etc)

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Re bp and wt specs, I wish that manufacturers also provide head wt too. At least that would give a better indication of swing wt. That way, we'll know at least how it swings on paper, instead of being in for a nasty surprise on the first swing on court.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Yep... you can have a high 3U NR800 that will swing lighter than a low 4U VZTF.

Just due to differences in frame design, wt distribution, and aerodynamics.

#613 visor, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

So why do you just assume that isn't the case with the adidas rackets? After all the adizero line is specified as quick-swinging rackets. Maybe they're all speedy, despite the occasionally higher BP, just like the Nanospeeds? ;)

15. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

i always assume the terms of "Head Heavy/Even Balance/Head Light" in manufacturer's racket specification refer to their swing weight/feel. Not completely equal to the physical BPs. Yonex label all the Nanospeed/Nanorays head light and they always swing fast/light regardless some might have high BPs. If all the Adizero are similar to Nanospeeds then they should label them all as "head light" regardless the actual BPs otherwise it just cause more confusion. Adizero Pro has been labelled as "Head Heavy" racket (i am talking about the actual BP but it's officially labelled by them as "Head Heavy") and that has puzzled me "is it really a head heavy (by swing) racket or not" . I expected all the Adipowers to be head heavy but clearly the Adipower Tour is labelled as "even" racket. In my mind, it may not swing as head heavy as the Pro but it should still be labelled as Head Heavy if they do swing like that... just like Yonex would label all Votrics head heavy even some less head heavy than the other...

i do care about the the terms of "Head Heavy/Even Balance/Head Light" in manufacturer's racket specification is because like many people on here, i can't test a racket before i buy them and the only thing i can go by is the spec and other players' review...

#615 mzheng168, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  16. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

What do you mean by BP?

17. ThomasJE

ThomasJE Regular Member

I would assume it's balance point.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    more piccies. this time it is for the precision 88. the design is rather unique, esp when it is a departure from the "Adidas DNA" of designs.

2M6Q0035.jpg 2M6Q0036.jpg 2M6Q0037.jpg 2M6Q0043.jpg

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    spec is:

88g, bp 295mm. medium stiff.

the frame shape is hexagonal which kinda resembles Victor Bravesword. but at the same time, it has those little bumps at 3/9 oclock. those are physical bump that protrudes out. and it is a 76 holes pattern vs 72 holes in the Victors.

has zylon and titaium mesh and all those good stuff. straight shaft.

20. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Nice!! look traditional

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.