It's time for Misbun Sidek to work for Malaysian Badminton without BAM

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 7, 2011.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    It may sound impossible but quarter-finals means the last 16 players. Malaysia is ranked in the top 4 or 5 countries in badminton. If you divide the 16 places in the quarter-finals by the top 4 countries, Malaysia's share should be about 4 players making it through. This is every time, so twice in every 5 tournaments is easy lah

2. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Sorry, the numbers should be 8 players with Malaysia's share 2.

3. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

kpi for players?.. i donno man... i dont think this is going to work... kpi for GMs .. for Ministers..for Lecturers in University.. yes..for sports players...crazy....i predict epic failure.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Best question to date!

One possible answer:

If one more coach resigns, it means CTC has failed and should fold up.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Quarter-Final = Last Eight

That's correct. Quarter-Final = Last Eight.

Other than LCW and KKK/TBH, no other MAS players are often reaching the Quarter-Finals.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Maybe this requirement will make hitherto uncommitted players to soul-search and ask themselves whether they are really interested in making a mark for themselves. If so, then they have to buck-up and train harder and smarter to reach or surpass those targets!

LCW must have been such a situation before but he must have made a personal resolution to be a successful professional player and work hard at it. And he has been richly rewarded for his commitment.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

BAM is too tough; Not encouraging players who are trying hard

Many BCers could have read between the lines in my posts. :):):)

What I have been saying is: BAM is not paying attention to other National Associations (who have similar goals/objectives) to raise their standards.

Most National Associations are not thinking of punishing their players for not performing well, as it could end up discouraging players trying their best to be better players.

So, why is BAM saying: Players can be stopped from going to tournaments if they suffered a drop in form?

This is why I mentioned; I guess many MAS players would be left out from many tournaments in the near future.

#427 chris-ccc, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I can understand your concern that the administration may be unrealistic and punitive.

But if the performance of MAS backup players especially is anything to go by, they have not made any notable impact on the international scene after a relatively long time. While young players from other countries are surging ahead, MAS players seem to remain stagnant.

One can lament over the inadequacies of the administration and the coaching setup, etc, but in the end it is the players who have to answer for themselves. Surely we have heard stories of how great players have emerged from their unimaginable poor conditions to be what they are. NTM is one recent example.

A player with passion and commitment should take it as a personal challenge.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

A player with passion and commitment should take it as a personal challenge

Yes, I agree; that a player with passion and commitment should take it as a personal challenge. :):):)

What I am saying is; I guess that many MAS players would be left out from many tournaments in the near future (just because they cannot make it into the last 8, in their tournaments).

Just imagine that Singapore is to tell their players this; If you cannot get to be in the last 8 (Quarter-Finals), you won't be involved in further tournaments.

#429 chris-ccc, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    My guess is some may have been over trained causing these injury. Perhaps, they should make some changes to the training method. ;)

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

2011 German Open GPG: Day 1 Tue 01-Mar (Qualification Round)

Chan Kwong Beng will be at the 2011 German Open GPG tomorrow (Day 1 Tue 01-Mar) in the Qualification Rounds.

Let us wait for good news; and see if CKB can make it all the way into the Quarter-Finals in this tournament.

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    That's more reason why BAM and its panel of coaches should employ the expertise of the sports scientists to assist them.

13. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

The coaches already made the requests, seems most of focus is on elit players, te back up get less

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The good news is: Chan Kwong Beng is now promoted to the Main Draw.

He should have no problem to progress to R32, but Wei Nan will probably be his opponent for a place in R16. Then, in order to progress to QF, he has to beat either Hsu Jen Hao (who just won an IC tourney last week) or Marc Zwiebler.

Meanwhile, Daren Liew will face Ajay Jayaram, followed by possibly Carl Baxter and then Hu Yun for a place in the QF.

It will be quite an achievement if both can reach the last 8.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Chan Kwong Beng & Daren Liew

I sincerely hope that Chan Kwong Beng and Daren Liew can reach the last 8. They are amongst the most promising MS hopes that MAS has at this moment (after LCW).

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Actually the SBA has been quite strict.

As you must have read, recently the SBA literary "sack" a number of young national squad trainees whom they thought could not make the mark, instead of wasting their time and SBA's resources any further.

And our "irresponsible" prodigal child Zhang has been banned from training and participating in tournaments not only recently but also before this.

I think BAM must have considered the elite players' performance carefully before shaking them up with the recent requirements. They will not send players who are not ready, but once they do so they expect such selected players to be able to perform to expectation.

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It is now the month of March. No news from Misbun. He has kept a low profile; and more revealingly, BAM has not made any waves about him, and have gone about their other CTC and KPI announcements like nothing ever happened. Curious. Even the media appear to have lost interest.

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

According to a local newspaper, Misbun will NOT be LCW's coach in All England... so it seems like the saga has not settled down yet

19. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Perhaps a Tunship title will bring him back?

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I believed that Misbun Sidek has already made up his mind to leave BAM

Going back to Page 1 of this thread; I have said that I believed that Misbun Sidek has already made up his mind to leave BAM; It's just that BAM kept asking him to come back (mentioning 'it's for the sake of National Interest').

It looks like Misbun is still struggling to decide. If I were Misbun, I would have said 'No, but thanks; since all my past efforts have not been appreciated'. :p:p:p