Aamir GHAFFAR Retirement

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by geebees90, Apr 27, 2008.

1. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Hi Guys.....

Aamir GHAFFAR Retired from International Badminton on 21st of April......He's now coaching England Under-19 Team.

Lets Wish him a successfull Coaching Life........

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

how old is he now?

3. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    He's 29 Years old........I trained with him for almost 4 months. and He's very close to me..........

4. george@chongwei

why he wants to retire so early?

5. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Seeing as I don't know him personally I can't say exactly, but I would guess at No Results=No funding=No money=Retirement

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

..the title of the thread, IMO, is a bit misleading. It should be titled "Aamir GHAFFAR Retirement from BAE"...I mean, he's a tad bit too young to stop working & "retire", isn't he??..Or maybe he's got some treasures hidden away somewhere in his backyard??..:confused: :p

#6 ctjcad, Apr 28, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  7. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Well He played good during 2004, 2005 and 2006. He was a good player because he never got injured and maintained his ranking within top 30 for many years. He was just tired of travelling round the world all the times......and on top of that BAE took the singles player off the National Training centre which caused Nick KIDD quit England and go to KLRC, Andy was already there, Carl Baxter went there.......So he didn't have sparring partners.....Have you guys noticed Rajiv's lower level of play now adays?? Its because that BAE took them off the National Training centre.......So most of the Singles players of England doesn't have Sparring Partners.......

8. Freddy

Freddy Regular Member

Geebees ...... Not sure about whether Aamir will be coaching the English U19 Team!! Where have you got that information from?

9. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

yup, no surprise, he hasn't been playing well recently so should really make way for the younger, more promising players coming up.

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

Honestly, not really. Not many people here I think will get to see him play regularly, however looking purely on results wise and disregarding 2002-2004 (When he was just coming through). There is no discernable difference in results from 2005-2008.

I do agree however that the decision to decentralize (therefore dilute) the singles players was misguided at best, especially considering the small size of England in the first place. Unfortunately though BE has to pander to the requirements of players coming through, as as they are unlikely to be world beaters and make a living in MS, then they have to follow other career paths, which is why (I Think) this happened. Other than that it just adds cost and dilutes the quality of training the players can receive.

11. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Freddy, Aamir is my friend, He told me personally that he's coaching BE Under-19 team, Soon he may get senior coach job as Tom John is in India and others are also absent. I don't the training system of England, from what I've heard the earnings of Singles players in England is very low. You can make your living with it as a normal person do, There must be some diffrence between a Pro/Int'l Player and a normal worker. I think that was a big reason obligating Toby Honey and Nathan Rice to play as part time being so good. and Nick KIDD, Andrew Smith and Carl Baxter to shift to Malaysia.

12. Freddy

Freddy Regular Member

geebees90, I'd just be very surprised as I know the guys who coach the England U19's and I am sure England won't be changing them soon. Aamir is based in London so he may be coaching a couple of them that are based there. Tom John is in India, I am not surprised he has gone there. What others are absent? It would be interesting to find out who has left what roles there?

13. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    Yes Freddy, you maybe right because I don't know how many under-19 players does aamir coach......Well by absent I meant that yvette yun Lo has left or leaving, Steve butler left, Tom Went to India and the spot for the National Singles coach will be free, so aamir has a good chance to get it as Rajiv the current National champ has clearly said that he improved his game because aamir helped him alot, and nick kidd also said this when he won his nationals. I hope BE's Singles level goes to the next level and produce players such as WACHA soon :)......

14. Ben Beckman

Ben Beckman Regular Member

Badminton Coach
    Aamir is looking to take the high performance centre coaching job at brunel university. the u19 players he is coaching or has been coaching since tom john left are nathan d'cruz and daryll jacobs-the winner and runner up of this years u19 nationals. aamir told me he was just fed up with training and wants to spend more time with his wife,etc. he said he may even move to coach in pakistan as he said he would have a better life there.

15. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i remember he got "whacked" by LCW in Melbourne Commonwealth Games.. wit due respect of cuz... :D

but tat was the 1st i saw him play.. and also the last.. cuz never heard of him after tat... ;p

16. george@chongwei

i had not seeen his style of play b4!!:D

17. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
    visit www.youtube.com for his matche against Dicky, Thats interesting.......There are few clips.......