Head-heaviness Kason C7 vs AT900 / VT80

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pootisfoib, Sep 3, 2012.

1. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

I am considering buying a Kason C7 but I was wondering how its head heaviness compares to other yonex rackets. I have a Voltric 5, which is head heavier than Voltric 70. Would the C7 be between VT70 and VT80 for head-heaviness? Perhaps close to one or both of the AT900?

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Nothing has the head-heavy feel of the Yonex' Voltric or Armortecs, where it feels like most of the weight is at 12 o'clock. The C7 does, but it's a fairly mild head-heaviness comparatively, with a BP around 305. Haven't tried the VT5 and it's been ages since I swung a VT70 so I can't really make a direct back-to-back comparison of those, but I think they're all over 310.

3. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I dont think C7 is head heavier than VT5...

4. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    my VT70's BP is 300mm....
    if you say C7 is 305mm, then it's between VT70 and VT80....
    VT5 is a little bit heavier than VT70, so maybe C7 just about the same as VT5.....

5. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

Hi,

How about the flex of the c7 compare to voltric 70?

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    No, the Voltric 80 feels significantly head heavier than the C7. Part of what makes the C7 feel head heavier than what it really is, is the pendulum effect of the not-so-stiff shaft.

I have two rackets here that are both hovering in the 305 region, one is slightly more stiff than the C7 and the other is significantly stiffer, and they both feel very very different to the C7 despite having the same BP.

The big issue I had with the C7 is it's lack of torsional stability. Off-centre shots and reflexive defensive shots just die or fly off course. If you don't hit the sweetspot with the C7 every single time the quality of the shots die off very quickly. It's very unforgiving. And despite it's big ISO head has quite a small sweetspot, too.

In all honestly, as I've mentioned a few times the Kason TSF500 is a much better and much crisper racket than the C7. It's better in every way, and the extra 5mm in BP of the C7 just doesn't translate into overhead power. It's kind of like a Victor MX70 except with much better tactility.

The problem with the market at the moment is that there is hardly any rackets being made in the 300-310 range. The new Victor Thruster TK8000 I think is (just), and the new Adidas AdiZero Pro is as well (but not yet available), but aside from that, offerings are very thin on the ground.

7. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    I would say the C7 is stiffer than the VT70.

8. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

thanx for your info.

i'm looking for an offensive medium flex racket, i thought of the vt70 and the rsl x7 silver.
    Have you tried the x7 silver? or do you have other racket to recommand?

9. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Nope sorry, only familiar with major brands :D. I see you've been posting around asking many questions, what exactly are you looking for? as in what kind of racket do you want.

10. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

i have a 4u VT80 and 3u arcsaber 10, i mainly play double, i find the vt80 a bit too head heavy, shaft a little bit too stiff and the arcsaber 10 shaft too stiff and head not heavy enough.
    that's why i thought of the 3u VT70 which is slightly head heavy and flex shaft.
    Then what would you recommand in Li Ning?

11. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    A 3U VT70 would be great for you in this case. It's definitely easier to use compared to the VT80, and imo is easier to generate power from compared to the 3U arc10. But it feels a little too light for me.

Li Ning.. I only know 4 rackets, I definitely wouldn't recommend something like N90 for very fast doubles play but it's possible. Probably the N50ii, mid-flex and a little head heavy, used by fu hai feng before he switched to the F9.

12. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

thx for your recommandation but how's the n50 ii compare the vt70 which one is more head heavy and which one has a flexier shaft?
    by the way have you tried the F9? if yes how different is it from the n50ii?

13. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

i was looking at the li ning n70 ii, in their catalogue n70 ii and the n50 ii has exactly the same specs.
    you know what's the difference?

14. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    Can't say for the n70ii, no experience with that. VT70 is head heavier and stiffer than the n50ii, but depends on how you swing can somehow make them the same in terms of power. I don't usually discuss these because there are variation's in the strings used and an individual's technique and preference.

My main racket now is the F9, feels better than n50ii for me but can't really tell the difference. It is after all made for fu hai feng.

15. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

yes, i understand. i usually use bg66 ultimax, i think it's powerful but recently i tried the ng99 control i think it's much easier to produce power but at full swing and power it can't produce as much as the bg66 ultimax.

so the vt 70 is stiffer and head heavier than the f9? So it's more powerful than the F9 or which one is easier to produce power? which one is more forgiving?

16. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    I string all my rackets mostly with BG66-UM as well @ 25lbs (tried a few NBG and VS-850 too). First of all I think we are a little off the main topic :D but it's an old thread.

Specification and initial feel wise yes, that's the VT70. But for me, the F9 generates more power for me, somehow it just feels there's this extra head weight focused on the head (similarly I don't discuss things about balance point) and coupled with the mid-flex, it's actually easier to generate power with the F9. The F9 is more forgiving than the VT70, larger sweetspot overall. I read that the F9 is more for arm swinging player rather than wrist player, it could a reason.

17. Pimpo

Pimpo Regular Member

interesting, thx for your info. i think i'll give the F9 a try.

18. Lucastth

Lucastth Regular Member

9 to 6
    No problem, either racket will do very well. Good luck with it.

19. L.Dan

L.Dan Regular Member

ExN.backup
    give lining n80 a try..u would love it. =)

20. quixilver

quixilver Regular Member

Arc 10 has a stiff shaft but the frame is quite flexible so it feels like having more "hold" on the string bed. Probably you can give a try on Arc Z-slash, heavier towards the head than the Arc 10 so it's easier to generate power out of it but it may take time to get used to the smaller head.
    From Li Ning, I can only think of N80 and N50 for doubles instantly, though sometimes I play with N90 for the first one or two games when the fuel tank is full.
    You can consider Brave Sword LYD too, it's quite head-heavy and stiff enough with aerodynamic frame shape for faster swing in doubles.

Bottom line, no racket fits all :D