My broken Victor MX-80

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by shaz`, Jan 20, 2012.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The VT-80 is unwieldy and lacks all the finesse of the MX80. In my eyes it's the VT which doesn't hold a candle to the MX, but at least I know that's because I prefer balanced rackets, and not because I follow a company blindly. So far, Yonex rackets have been of rather disappointing durability on top of that...

2. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

To you it may be unwieldy, but to those of us who know how to win wars on and off the badminton court, it is the perfect weapon to crush the badminton n4zis. Success guaranteed!!!

#42 f1rst, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha :D
    Well, this is actually a thread about the MX80, so while you're totally entitled to your opinion about how it compares to the VT80, please continue writing about that in a thread about that racket, as you've obviously formed an opinion and don't seem willing to back it up by facts and experience with the MX80 :)

Spouting stereotypes won't exactly help your point, by the way.

4. f1rst

f1rst Regular Member

I'm a good friend of shahzad and was there when his broke. What I said was more a personal comment about how we both view are rackets. A kind of mine is better than yours. Please don't take anything I've said personally. I like a good wind up!!! Just look at ants' voltric z force threads for proof.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Tehe. Must've been quite a sight^^ Well, that's how it is around here as well - most people have rather strong opinions about the racket companies, especially when they're younger...I've come to the conclusion that my game is nothing impressive regardless of the racket, so (mostly) I use some that cost half of a VT80 (or a German MX80) and still have decent quality. :)

6. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

I should refuse to know you! Our most recent war, you couldn't handle the smashes that were coming at you! You and your VT80 need to go away and come up with another strategy, maybe use it to start playing squash or something! :cool:

Update: racket is currently on its way to Germany to Victor Gmbh so hopefully they will have a chance to look at it and come up with some sort of reasonable conclusion. They have been very helpful thusfar though so I am hopeful

7. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Just heard back from Victor, they have agreed to replace the racket!

Many thanks Victor!!!!!!!!!

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Shaz

Your racquet should have been replaced free of charge without any discussions regarding what else was potentially wrong with it. Afterall it's very rare that a shaft splits and I think the accusation is rediculous. This is a case where the retailer should send a replacement from stock and argue the case with the manfacturer.

There have been a lot of changes with Victor in UK and things are only just being sorted now.

What you should expect to see soon is the old Victor-sport.co.uk website working again fully with details of current UK stockists. However, only Central Sports are allowed to sell online - don't ask because it's complicated and confidential. But, you can still purchase form other retailers even though there will only be a few around UK offering Victor products.

If you live in Manchester or in the surrounding area, then you are lucky as BWS Sports already stock Victor and they are currently increasing their stocks. They have some clothing, shoes and racquets and they also carry demo racquets too but not in every model as they have to pay for the racquets. Expect a lot more from BWS over the next 3-4 months as they develop the range.

I hope this helps.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

9. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Thanks Paul for the information as I might be considering to buy a Victor racket :)

10. cyteh84

cyteh84 Regular Member

wow, thinking to buy Yonex VT Z Force, Yonex shoe and Yonex bag from CentralSports...have to think twice now due to the treatment you got from them...

11. drew tze en

I recommend you buy your items from Directsports.co.uk or Directbadminton.co.uk
    the second website is dedicated to badminton products

12. cyteh84

cyteh84 Regular Member

Directbadminton.co.uk looks like a good site to replace CentralSports and they have the shoes (Yonex SHB 86EX) and bag (Yonex 8226EX 6 Racket Bag) I wanted to buy and CentralSports yet to have the stock as they are 2012 models. Just waiting for the Z Force to be available from the site then I will put in the order. Great! thanks drew tze en

13. drew tze en

No problem! They also have a price match which I used before when I bought my SHB-85EX but you can only price match products on websites in the UK not from other countries.
    There service is really good as well. I have bought SHB-85EX and a T-Shirt and it was delivered as they promised on their website (2-3 days = free)

14. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I would also buying from Direct Sports as their service is first class. Sadly they do not supply Victor products because of the deal that was done between Victor and Central Sports.

As I said, there are other retailers who stock Victor and when the new Victor-sport.co.uk gets launched in 3-4 weeks you will have more details of the retailers to choose from. However, only Central Sports can sell the products online.

Paul

15. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Hi Paul, yes I totally agree! Hence why I had such a back and forth with centralsports, I even contemplated going down a legal route due to the treatment after spending so much money with them, they basically told me I was dishonest and intentionally broke the racket to get a replacement... I told them that can they at least send it back to Victor and let Victor decide, at which point I was told that I would, in ANY circumstance, be getting a replacement through centralsports.

The reality is that the internet is a powerful tool, and hopefully others will learn from my experiences. I gave them a chance, I gave them every opportunity to rectify the situation, at each point I was made out to be a fool.

16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    Shaz

This highlights the difficulties you can sometimes have by dealing with an online retailer. People forget that if you have a problem the onus is on you going through the inconvenience of sending the goods back (insured postage costs and finding a box for the racquet) plus the wait whilst the retailer inspects and makes a decision.

It's a lot easier to walk into a retailers with the racquet and have the discussion face to face. I'm assuming someone would think twice of calling a customer a liar to their face!

Sadly the launch of the internet has meant many local shops have closed their doors so you are indeed fortunate if you are able to buy off the shelf from a knowledgeable retailer. It seems ever rarer these days to find a good racquets shop that can string to a decent level or even have a stringing machine but that's for another post.

Shaz, bottom line I'm glad you got a new racquet and you deserve to. It's a shame the retailer left a bad taste in your mouth.

Paul

17. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

My personal opinion is pretty clear on this thread. They are very good at taking an order, but please hope that you don't have any problems with your goods as then you will be on your own pretty much.

18. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Yeah, unfortunately up in Edinburgh there aren't any good local stores so buying online was my only option. I was actually going to buy from Asia (mybadmintonstore etc) and avoid centralsports, but to avoid any issues like I've had I thought I'd buy from a retailer in the UK and protect myself from any issues of this kind.

In terms of postage costs, I had to pay to send the racket to centralsports. Then argue with them to send it back to me (say in writing etc etc that I wanted it back) which I didn't quite understand as it is still my property. Then once I got it back, cost of sending it over to Germany to Victor International.

Yeah, it was quite funny as he called me a liar/cheat and then when I got angry about the accusation, told me to quieten down or else he's going to put the phone down etc etc. Probably the only time in my life where I've had such a heated phone call and felt like it was talking to a wall.

Essentially he had made his decision, and wasn't interested in anything I had to say.

The retailed did indeed let me down, I had heard bad things about centralsports but thought I would give them a shot. NEVER again. The plus side is that Victor have stepped up and made up for it so I'm very happy on that front and will have a lot of brand loyalty to Victor.

19. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    That's pretty shocking customer service from Central Sports, especially considering the deal that they have with Badminton England. If they had decided not to replace it on their own, they could at least have passed the buck to Victor, or else sent it back explaining politely why they can't issue replacement. To accuse the customer of something like this is totally out of order.

20. cyteh84

cyteh84 Regular Member

I have put in the order for the Z Force, bag and shoes at Direct Sports! The racquet is 1p cheaper than Central Sports and Central Sports still doesn't stock the shoes and bag I wanted to buy. Great!