Chen Long ( 谌龙 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by robin7, Nov 6, 2007.

1. wilwat

wilwat Regular Member

Researcher
    So some sources say he is from Fujian and others say he is from Hubei. Anyone have the definitive word?

There also seems to be some speculation about him and Wang Shixian as an item. Somehow I don't see a Suzhou girl getting involved with someone from Hubei...

2. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    CL in SC 2013 = LD in SC 2005. win all 5 matches in straight set, and China won the trophy

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

hahaha! Very well informed you!
    But the Suzhou girl screams like a Hubei girl! Maybe she has ancestry from there?

4. weiping_tx

weiping_tx Regular Member

researcher
    Chen Long was born in Hubei, but got trained in Fujian since he was a teenager, so he represent Fujian in China's national games. This is also the situation for Ji Xinpeng and Gong Weijie.

5. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    the difference in ranking points between LCW and CL is only 1099. After expiration of the Thomas points, the difference is only 599.

Based on Sudirman's performance, there should be a re-ordering the overall ranking.

I have to admit i have no idea how Sudirman points are calculated. I knew that Once Lin Dan won 5 matches in a row, included beat Taufik twice badly, but ended up with less points than what Taufik earned in the same Sudirman cup. By the way, Lin Dan helped China won the Sudirman cup, while Taufik failed.

After Sudirman cup, I don't think LCW has much chance to claim back the #1 ranking. CL, LCW will battle 1 by 1: SO, IO, then World Championship to settle down who's the number 1.

CL has an advantage there, because LCW has extra 2000 points in Olympics to defend.

#405 2cents, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  6. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

FYI: the great supporter of Super Series does not support Li-Ning tournaments. So, no SO.

7. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    No wonder. Suzhou is famous for pretty girls. :)

8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    I don't know about ranking point, but i only know about MVP of Sudirman Cup 2005, which is won by taufik even though LD win all 5 matches include beat taufik in the final in straight sets, while taufik only played 4 times, and lose once to LD. notes : LD beat sony in 3rd group match of SC 05, not taufik. in overall, their only duel in SC only in 2005 edition

#408 Fortune, May 28, 2013
  9. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    for me, I'm against any team event points, especially Sudirman Cup. it has bad impact for China players. SC points "covering" 9 or even 10 months of Olympics qualifying period.just look at Chen Jin who is aim for 3rd MS spots in Olympics 2012. indeed, it is very difficult for chen jin to make it, and become more difficult with "SC points involvement".

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

How many times Taufik met Lin Dan at Sudirman cups?
    I remember just for 2005, China defeated Indonesia twice, 5:0 in the group 1B, and 3:0 during the knock out stage. China beat Indonesia at Sudirman 2005 on May 12, 2005: 5:0; and won again on May 15, 2005 by 3:0.

11. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Gade, Tien Minh, PSH, Boonsak, Simon and etc all has SC points. surely it is harder for any China MS exclude LD to get ticket to LOG 2012. http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/category.aspx?id=2226&category=472

why china only field LD in SC 2011 ? bcoz LYB decide the starting line up in team events (Thomas, Uber, Sudirman) based on strategy ; to choose the player that can deliver points to china, and not based on which player that really need points for OG / WC qualifying period. even with their best player, they still lose to korea in uber cup 2010, not to mention if LYB choose the player that needs OG points in the starting line up in SC match

#411 Fortune, May 28, 2013
  12. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    only 1, in the final. Group match : LD vs Sony

13. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    not only 3 team event points, but I also not agree with BWF SS finals points. 3 OG tickets available if one country has 3 MS or WS in top 8, but only 2 players can qualify to SS Finals. as a result, it is another blow for China players in OG / WC qualification period. without SS finals and Sudirman cup points, Gade only has 47,560 points, and only ranked 12 or 13, and not ranked 5. http://bwfcontent.tournamentsoftware.com/ranking/player.aspx?id=2226&player=107834

several non chn players "enjoys" SS finals points in 8 out of 12 months of OG / WC qual. period, but not for chen jin, chen long, li xuerui and etc. to be fair, SS finals is available for any top 8 players without any limitation to max 2 per sector. That is fair for every one.

#413 Fortune, May 28, 2013
  14. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

where did you get this?
    any how, i checked the bwf official head to head records between Lin Dan vs Taufik. It's 13:3. But Lin Dan's Sudirman's win over Taufik is NOT recorded there.

Besides that, I remember that Lin Dan was dominant during the 7x5 scoring times, defeated Taufik multiple times in 7x5. But unfortunately, none of those victories got recorded either.

In badminton, there is no official, reliable source for the past historic results.
    sigh :( where did you get the 2005 results?

#414 2cents, May 28, 2013
  15. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I totally agree with you. BWF points had so many pitfalls, ridicules and unfairness.

but I thought 3 singles must be in top 4 to be qualified for Olympics.

16. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    it should be: the starting line up in team event match

17. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    my mistake. You are right. 3 in top 4 for OG. 2 in top 8 in SS finals. BWF not fair to china

18. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    I watch it in tv, plus read it in the newspaper that ina will rest taufik, and will field sony. maybe you can read it in BC, go to SC 2005 thread.

19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    even till the end of OG q period, no (huge) BWF SS finals points for chen jin, simply bcoz IOC and BWF doesn't want china to have full quota in OG. Really not fair for chen jin and china

20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student