a race between 3 pairs

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by limsy, Sep 18, 2010.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Look like you also 'biasa' with this result already.............just like DanielW !!

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Perhaps you didn't watch the match so you didn't see what happened! Mak looked as if he just quarreled with TWK! Anyway I am done with you since nothing can change your sarcastic views.

They didn't even do ONE SINGLE HI-FIVE, something which they had always done. They also kept looking at the floor and didn't say a word to each other. Dunno what happened but
    1) Both kept lifting the shuttle and never smashed at all besides winning their first point in the first game
    2) They did the same thing until the end of the second game only start smashing

Frankly, Fairuz/OSH were nothing special. MHC/TWK just destroyed themselves with unforced errors and miscommunications and they didn't even look as if they wanted to win.

#242 undeadshot, Feb 20, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  3. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    to be frank, i like to be in the critical side as far as our players are concerned and doesnt mind at all to be branded whatever names,
    i did not watch the game and i am not suprised with the results but if what you said about your fav pair is true....that is indeed
    a sad thing, they are professional players and they should act professionally to live up to the tag as your fav pair....

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like Koo/tan's disease spread to them again! Keep lifting the shuttle non stop!
    What's happening to our mas doubles? love to play defence so much?

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Bad things are usually easier to learn than theose good ones...............

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

This one is abnormal... they practically only play defense and smash less than 10 times throughout the match...?

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Badminton: Coach backs Wei Shem-Khim Wah partnership

By K.M. Boopathy
    boopathy@nstp.com.my
    2011/06/18

MEN'S doubles Goh Wei Shem-Lim Khim Wah have earned the backing of their coach Tan Kim Her that their combination will be permanent and they will be among the main senior pairs after the 2012 London Olympics.
    Wei Shem-Khim Wah, both 22, have shown marked improvement after playing in just five tournaments and Kim Her also confirmed they will not play in the mixed doubles anymore.

The duo, ranked World No 71, reached the semi-finals of the New Zealand International Challenge and were quarter-finalists in the Asian Championships in China last month and the Thailand Open last week.

They went through the qualifying round of the ongoing Singapore Open before losing to compatriots Fairuzizuan Tazari-Ong Soon Hock in the first round of the main draw and their world ranking should improve to No 61 next week.

Kim Her has already named them for the Vietnam Open, a grand prix event, on Aug 23-28, Taiwan Open grand prix gold (Sept 6-11) and they will get the opportunity to play in two Super Series -- China Masters (Sept 13-18) Japan Open (Sept 20-25) -- if they make the cut.

"Wei Shem-Khim Wah have been playing well together and their performance has really picked up in the last two tournaments. I want to retain them as a pair as they have the potential to be one of the main pairs for the 2016 Olympics," said Kim Her yesterday.

"Khim Wah works very hard while Wei Shem is talented and with constant guidance, he will become a solid player.

"Although they are not part of the plans for next year's London Olympics, they can still fight for a spot as we don't have a strong second pair.

"However, they must win a grand prix event or two to be considered for the London Olympics and it will be good if they can put themselves in contention.

"I have given them two more tournaments and they will also get to play in the Japan Open and China Masters even if they have to compete in the qualifying rounds.

"That is the harder way to get used to big events and once their world ranking is in the top 30 they can get an automatic entry into the main draw of the big events."

The break is thoroughly deserved for both players who have been forced to switch partners over the last four years.

Wei Shem's combination with Ong Jian Guo was split three years ago as the latter was thrust into the mixed doubles squad.

Wei Shem continued to remain a fringe player until last year when Kim Her paired him with Teo Kok Siang and the duo showed good progress and became the back-up squad's highest ranked pair at No 22.

However, an ankle injury to Kok Siang in February saw Wei Shem being paired off with Khim Wah and both have made the most of the latest reshuffle.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/ln23e/Article/art_print

Now, the 3 pairs have become 2 pairs and soon 1.5. Then.... back to 2 when TKS comes back, hopefully nobody else gets injured.