yonex Ti-series & muscle power: 101

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelvin316, Oct 25, 2012.

1. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

hello people, I've been hearing people recommending the ti series and muscle power but I have zero knowledge about them so I would really appreciate some 101 discussions for both series as I might consider them as my new racquets, thx :)

2. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    The muscle power and titanium series are fairly old ranges in the Yonex badminton collection. However I believe the mid to low end racquets are still being made by Yonex.

Each of the two series have its own unique selling point. Muscle Power being the technology with the raised areas between the grommets which lifts the strings up, reduces stress and prolongs string life and tension. I personally found that this technology does indeed increase string durability and tension to some degree.

The Titanium series is basically the amalgamation of titanium strands and mesh into the carbon shaft and frame respectively. This acts to strengthen the graphite without sacrificing too much weight gain. In reality it does give the titanium series a unique metallic feel to the range but nothing ground breaking.

In the higher end racquets of both ranges, Yonex has mixed the attributes from both ranges so for instance, the Yonex Ti-10 had muscle power grommets and frame whilst the Yonex MP100 had Ultimum Titanium. This confuses the ethos a little but it works well in the racquets.

3. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

what about performance wise ? what sort of playing style do they suit ?

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    from what i can feel, both series are even balance, but how a player chooses a racket is based on personal preference.

5. bourne007

bourne007 Regular Member

I would say that these both racket suits well for double attacking players.
    Especially Ti10 which kind of slight head heavy and quite fast swinging speed suits for me though.

6. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

can I get more info/specs for the 3rd gen ti-10 and ti-10 ltd pls like the price, string tension n etc TQ