Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Another interesting input from me, do you reckon Zhang Ning will follow team order from LYB or secretly help WSX by cooperating with her? LXR seems to have more adversaries than she thinks

Zhang Ning does like WSX very much as a player plus their relationship is far more than just coach-student.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    But Zhang Ning and Wang Xin are from the same province (ie, LiaoNing), which is the same as LYB. Wouldn't ZN and LYB secretly want to help WX instead of WSX?

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It's nothing to do with WX in this scenario but a toss-up between WSX and LXR. WX is confirmed as a second seed but I have big hunch she will choke in the early rounds (I dont think she will finish as a medalist in London)

In contrast to LYB's principles, maybe ZN will betray their trust for once and last time to help WSX grab that last spot because right now it doesnt stand in WSX's favour. If LXR win Australia and Asian Badminton Championship, that's the end of WSX and possibly her career. The only way out of this is to hope Nehwal peaks at the right time and overtake LXR.

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    If WSX meets Nehwal in any of the tournament, do you think she will let her win ? I think she will definitely ?!

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    War and Beauty III ( sneak peak )

The relationship between WX, WSX and Zhang Ning:

man.jpg

WX's private bday celebration

ok.jpg

WX & WSX training together LOL!!!

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i downloaded the Swiss Open final, but the quality is not that good. just watched the last few minutes of the match. (it's not clear from the video I downloaded how Saina gained the match point.) But based on what i have seen, it does seem like WSX threw the game.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    good photos... from weibo?

#127 pcll99, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    yup Weibo...

9. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i think, if she want the 3rd spot very much, she should show her quality to convincing LYB, and not doing such tactics to let saina overcome lxr on the WR. if she really did that, she already betray her best friend. imo only.

10. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    How can you convince someone who only cares about H2H record but not how well you play in that particular tournament? It will be a big joke for her to try her best to perform well in the remaining tournaments and all of a sudden LYB decided to make a change in the line-up because WSX's h2h record is not very good compared to others including LXR.

Looking at this from WSX's angle and i believe, she has completely assessed the situation and realised there's no point of convincing a person like LYB if he is going to make this kind of a final decision on that basis; so it's up to her to take matters into her own hands. If LXR won and passed the tests against the younger threats like Tai-phoon, Koreans and Thais. WSX could only hope she meets Nehwal in the India SS and ABC quarterfinal and that's the only solution to block LXR's succession subtly and without LYB's detection. Zhang Ning plays a big role in that part when LYB questions WSX's integrity and we will see whose side Zhang Ning is on.

I think WSX is in deep trouble dont you agree and LXR seems to be the favourite to take her place. Right now discussion point revolves around how and what WSX will do prevent her Olympic dream from crashing. It's a battle of wits and fitness. :S

#130 Miqilin7, Apr 1, 2012
  11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    will LXR be the Chosen One? will she sacrifice herself? will she bring down the powerful Wangs? will she bring balance to the Force?

#131 pcll99, Apr 1, 2012
  12. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

then how WSX dream she will get a medal in OG if she even don't have faith in herself to beat those foreign players? if she doesn't have the capability, then she deserved being get out of the list for OG

13. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I dont think you understand the situation here. LYB's plot to have the fourth Chinese player at top four on surface looks merry and nice for China's hope of retaining the gold. Majority will agree that it's one strategic move to replace one of the Wangs if they are injured but it's not the case anymore. It's not about WSX's faith and confidence as far as we are concerned but the recent draws show WSX's place is totally in danger because assessment shows LXR has better h2h record than WSX.

It's not fair position for WSX to be in because she has never performed that badly since beginning of 2011. Yes she does have a few bad patches along the way but who didn't; Wang Yihan had one before 2011 but now she is stronger than ever and turned to a newer version of WYH.

WX in fact has lost more times in the early rounds than WSX in the SS circuit and worse still to the same opponents; the likes of Tai-phoon and SJH/BaeYounjoo. The only difference is WX could somehow turned her inconsistency into her greatest strength by bouncing back strongly to win the next one/two tournaments which is quite impressive.

WSX has won fewer titles last year but looking at her record, she has done remarkably well to reach the semi-final of the every tournament (almost) she entered. H2H-wise, it doesnt look good for her on paper but her track record shows that she could actually deliver something for China when she is at the top of her game. What about her victories in Asian Games and All England? So it's not about her faith of beating other players, on court we know she is a very determined player despite lacking technically. It's the fear of getting not picked purely because of other player who happened to perform well in recent two weeks and having better record against foreign players on paper. Her performance now will not change the outcome or decision process to say the least; so she has to make every match count for Nehwal if she has the privilege to do it

#133 Miqilin7, Apr 1, 2012
  14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

but i think LYB himself said the list would be decided after analyzing each player performance in uber cup. so, LYB still want to observe the players with best condition. if WSX keep losing to saina just to throw LXR from the 4th, LYB will throw her earlier.

btw, still want to know about OG rules. now, china has 3 WS in the top 4, it's = 3 place in OG. now, if one of the players get injured, can china sent another player to fill her position?

15. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Good point but then again...What LYB can do if WSX "successfully" pushed LXR out of top four bracket. That's a good thing to bear in mind. Uber Cup is right after the deadline. No matter how pissed off LYB is to WSX, he cant afford to remove WSX because that's not the most sensible thing to do. Furthermore, 3 Chinese is better than 2 Chinese. As long as WSX managed to keep LXR out of the way, whatever happens in Uber or whatever tournaments before the OG, LYB has no choice but to stick to the Three Wangs, WSX have bought herself some time and opportunity to redeeem herself.

16. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I have been trying to get an answer for that as well but not about the Chinese players. For example could Badminton England chooses Nathan Robertson to rep GB instead of Adcock even if the former is ten places behind the latter in the ranking table. Also could Japan have the freedom to decide which Japanese WS to send since they only can send one rep. I wanted Eriko Hirose to play instead of Sayaka Sato (who is ahead in the ranking btw) because SS has been performing ridiculously bad against the top 10 players.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    if you were WYH, would u help WSX or LXR?

if you were WX, would u help WSX or LXR?

if you were ZN, would u help WSX or LXR?

if china can send another player, that would be extremely unfair. injury can easily be faked.

#137 pcll99, Apr 1, 2012
  18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I dont think WYH gives a crap about the current fiasco, she is only worried about herself and sees herself as the main favourite to win the gold.

WX will definitely choose to side with WSX but whether/what can be done from her side to make that happen is another thing to wonder.

Yes, that's true consider this. If the ranking stays as it was and rules forbid the country the flexibility to select among the four players and must go according to the ranking order, LYB could just order WSX to fake an injury and produce a medical certificate to confirm she is not fit to play hence giving leeway to LXR who also qualified on merit because she is ranked fourth..

That would be unfair to WSX....

19. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I agree. Even if LYB senses disobedience from WSX at this stage (eg, losing to Saina on purpose in Swiss Open), he has no choice but to stick with WSX.

Remember ZhengBo? He has some clashes with ZhangJun and LYB in 2010 and was "returned" to the provincial team a few months before the WC 2010 (in Paris). But LYB still let ZB play in Paris.

But I have to admit, at this very moment, it is not very clear whether WSX is throwing games away deliberately. But if WSX loses to Saina again in the next two or three months, that would be compelling evidence.

20. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

oh, so it's the situation. but still, if she will do that trick with saina, i afraid it can give saina more self-confidence. and at the time, she maybe get LXR out of the way, but saina with new recipe self confidence can be the wall between her and her dream. so, hope she will calculate it very well.