Victor Super Waves 30 (SW30) anyone?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by icecoldcoke, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Yeah, the combination of natural light coming from different angles, table color, and not so great point-and-shoot all probably had something to do with it.

PM'd the rest.

2. hypadunkz

hypadunkz Regular Member

how does it play?

3. BlueTornado

Slower than Braveswords or Meteors because of the old style rounded aerodynamic frame as opposed to those rackets' sharper Bravesword/Octablade frames. More power than those rackets but less compared to say a SW35, VT80, VTZF, etc.

It's not a bad racket overall, but my biggest gripe is that it lacks feel, even with BG66U strings which are generally pretty good in that regard. Hitting with it is, plain and simple, numb. That may appeal to some, but not me. If you're someone who likes stringing with Nanogy 95, then this might be the kind of racket for you. :rolleyes:

Perhaps this one needs different strings to coax it out of its shell. Maybe I'll try VS-850, BG80 or ZM62 on it later on. I'll try not to give up on it as easily as visor did :p, but it'll be hard - compared to the other (great) rackets I've tested within the past week or so, this one is rather "meh."

4. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Do you think it's good enough for the price?

5. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

if i love superwave37 will i love this model too?

6. BlueTornado

Depends on how you look at it. Compared to buying any high-end racket in the US which costs $200+, then definitely. It is also cheaper compared to buying a Yonex in Asia. That said, you can buy better Victors for the same price or even a little bit cheaper at the place I mentioned to you.

#86 BlueTornado, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
  7. BlueTornado

Unfortunately, I haven't tried the SW37 so I wouldn't know how that is in comparison. My guess is that the SW30 is a little stiffer and about as head heavy or maybe slightly more so, so if that sounds like what you want then sure. Don't quote me on that though as I don't know much about SW37, and those of you who do - feel free to correct me!

8. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    The HH and Stiffness of this SW30 is same as BS15 and SW350... anyone done comparison on these?

9. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

Just got the sw30 and it feels great. I have an rkep 11 dry something rather on it...and the grip isn't so good.. just a little bit of sweat and i was nearly throwing my racquet. But from what I can tell it's very similar to the bravesword 15.. except the 15 seems to hold it's weight at the very top of the head... and the sw30 seems to have the weight at 6 and 9 o clock.. and so it feels a lot more stable. Definitely a beefier feel to the sw30 than the bs15...and fast aswell. The head weight actually really helped my net game out.

10. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

General question here: could it be some kind of SW36 remake?

11. tyshk

tyshk Regular Member

Just tried the my friend's Super Wave 30, feels solid and repulsive. It also comes with the 'metal' feeling during the impact with the shuttle, just like the Yonex Armortec series.

I am currently using VT80, AT 700 and Ti 10(2nd gen), all of them are long shaft/shorter handle. SW30 also come with this design, definitely getting one for myself!!