list your injuries related to badminton

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by bonchu, Jan 25, 2008.

1. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    ive been lucky only small tings:

sores knees, calfs & ankles, due 2 fact that i run aswell, all adds up
    hit in the face couple times with shuttle
    sharp pain in shoulder after hitting birdie

luckliy no long term injuries or hurts

2. deadman85

deadman85 Regular Member

Student, P/T roulette dealer, P/T waiter
    only major injury i have is a torn meniscus, twisted my right knee, i injured it on feb 2nd, played again on feb 21st played 3 hrs with a moderate level (not chasing every shot, no lunges, etc), played again on the 24th and twisted the knee again, so im gonna be out for a a few months now

other minor injuries, sore wrist, sore tricep (dunno why), sore ankles, probably hitting the balls and blisters on my hand, didnt realize grip needed changing after being on a 3 week break

3. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

tendon inflammation on my arm and sore back. thats about it.

4. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    3 months and going till now, golf elbow.
    difficult to heal........:cool:

5. Xinguy

Xinguy Regular Member

Part Time Club Player...
    Recently i do not know wat happen i feel pain in my left ankle the pain start next day after the game:( feel like there is something poking in my ankle:crying: it really hurts alot i also dunno wat injury is this:confused:...

6. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Hey Kwun, can you run a PHP script that scans posts for the words "pain" and "injury", and then posts a stock response about seeing a doctor? ;)

Unexplained pain: bad.

Consulting a doctor: easy.

Preventing long-term injury: priceless.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You should see a doctor under the following conditions:
    -You have injured your ankle and it's so painful you cannot put your weight on it 24hrs later.
    -Your pain is not related to an injury and it lasts for more than 4 days.
    -See your doctor immediately following an injury if, in addition to pain, you experience swelling, bruising, or fever, or if the joint feels loose.

Otherwise, you can try to ease your pain by:
    -Apply some RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) as the first line of defense for all ankle injuries.
    -Treat your ankle like a headache. Take a pain-killer like aspirin, ibuprofen, or acetaminophen.
    -If it is a strained Achilles tendon insert a pad or lift (about half an inch)
    in the heel of your shoes.

Also try to prevent problems with the right shoes:
    -Wear the proper shoe. Don't use basketball or volleyball or running shoes for badminton. Use only shoes made for badminton.
    -Install an arch support if the one that comes with your shoe is not adequate.
    -Cushion the blow by using cushioned innersoles to absorb much of the impact of walking on hard surfaces, if you are on your feet all day.
    -Retire your old shoes. Most shoes only have a life of 6 to 8 months of reliable support.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Injuries common to badminton include:
    -Knees, especially the knee on the racquet-hand side which is susceptible to great stresses, both overload and tracking.
    -Pain on wrist and shoulder, often due to faulty technique or poor footwork..
    -A/C joint injury and overhead shots could cause condition to flare up, so practise with below-shoulder shots/strokes.
    -Painful arc/rotator cuff or subacromial joint injuries.
    -Tennis elbow, due to incorrect grip, poor technique particularly in the smash.
    -Lower back, hamstring and Achilles tendon problems.
    -A pull-off fracture of the thigh produced by repeated lunging, which loads the quads.
    -Impingement injuries of the ankle.
    -Plantar fasciitis.
    -Sprained ankle.
    -Get hit by partner

9. coley

coley Regular Member

engineer
    latest injuy to the list.lol! quad muscle pulled playing n a tournament last week, finished it off proprly tonight!
    :D
    coley

10. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    welllll......

when i started playing badminton again few years back, i got back ache. quite bad due to the fact i have not moved that much and that aggresively for so long. rest for nearly a month. the pain gone and the badminton is enjoyable again.

then the knee on the non racket side. i used a support for the jumper knee condition and it is ok. no pain just sore. then the knee on the racket side. now use support for both knees. all ok now. just sometimes there's like a weakness on the area on top of the knee itself that when i go down some stairs, the right leg kinda buckled. but not often.

then i got the plantar fasciitis. which i treated with stretching methods found on the MAYO website and adding heel cup to my shoes. i really need a shoe with better cushion. mizuno rocks but they lack cushioning. i need to find a place to buy better insoles that provides cushioning to complement the excellent grip of the shoes. or i have to buy yonex power cushion shoes. hahahaha.

then i tried taneepak suggestion of high tension stringing. the stringing is good and the feeling of the racket is good too but alas my arm is not ready for that kind of tension. sad really. now i have a, not pain but like tired feeling, in my forearm and wrist area, tennis elbow and soreness around the shoulder. i guess that would be the rotator cuff. it is painful only when i raise my hand up. i think it is aggrevated by the fact that i slouch in front of the computer all day long and i usually sleep on my side on a bed that is not too supportive. so both sides of my shoulder feels the tightness but only the racket side feel the pain when i raise my hand. but the pain is really really minimal. i treat it with RICE and alternate that with heat rub or hot pack to get the blood going. now i am playing with a racket that is strung at 23/25lbs. at least until my shoulder can handle higher tension. i miss the awesomeness of high tension. :)

other than that, there's the usual sores all over the body but they are gone after one day rest. thank goodness i play on alternate days. my body always have a chance to recuperate in between baddy sessions.

11. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Regular Member

Engineer
    Does the concusion I suffered from banging my head against my desk after Yonex stopped producing the mp100 count as a badminton related injury?

12. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    :D:D:D:D:D:D absolutely!!!