Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. victorgabriel1

victorgabriel1 Regular Member

The swing is alot faster with the JJS than the 80...took me quite a while to get used to the timing. Even if the 80 is very stiff, I find that it is more friendly user than the jjs. Power wise, I think i have to give the advantage to the jjs since my smashes yesterday were really surprising.

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks for replying.
    To sum up your opinion:
    Swinging speed: JJS > 80
    Stiffness: 80 > JJS
    Power: JJS > 80
    User friendliness: 80 > JJS

But this is weird. 80 is stiffer but still more user friendly? How can that be? :p
    In my opinion stiffness means sharpness and control. But at the same time it also has less "catapult effect" due its stiffness which means less power and more tiring, because you have to hit / bend it a lot more than with a flexier racket.

3. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi bro riffsuad, apa khabar... Can u explain more detail between mx60 and mx jjs pls as I was thinking getting it but takut!!! lol

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    emm...the main difference is the stiffness of the shaft

5. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Had a singles session with the MX-JJS. Didn't get a chance to change the strings so I played it with BG66UM @ 24lbs that was on it. My impression is...it's fast. Faster than my VTZF as I had timing issues with it (ie. faster swing speed). Not quite as powerful than my VTZF and it has more a whipping action (ie. less stiff).

So once I restring it...I imagine it to be what I want in my doubles racket. Gives me a decent smash at the back and quick enough for doubles play.

The MX-JJS can be used for singles play. You probably won't be able to smash your way through everything. And at my low level...I need all the help I can get generating power. So I'll be sticking with my VTZF for singles play.

Also had the opportunity to play with Tedski. He's really good and better than me. I would classify him in the same group (skill-wise) as madbad and visor.

I hate losing...so it's kinda made me want to be selfish (despite my current situation) and get some lessons again to catch up. :eek:

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    khabar baik tq. Frankly speaking i hv keep my mx60 in bag and never use it since i got mx jjs. I hv full of joy playtime with this racket. When u at first time play with mx jjs u probably will hv timing problem, especially during smashing. This may be due to the whip point of the shaft is lower i mean closer to handle. but this effect actually give the benefit to user who expert to whip the shuttle. I recommend the string match to this racket is thicker string, but mid soft feel.

7. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Thank you to CD letting me play along with him and his buddy last night, it was great fun and thank you for the kind words; I am not good, I am just experienced =), the last I remember playing with madbad and VISOR, they have me flat on my behind a few time sweating ............

Back to the topic, CD is kind enough to let me try out his new toy MX-JJS. I only have a better half of 5 minutes with the racquet so I wouldn't say it is a review, would be just a quick comparison.

Picking up the MS-JJS, the racquet is not heavy and have a good balance feel with it, during swing you can definately feel the head weight. Power is certainly above average compare to similar racquets, what it really stand out is how large the sweet spot; likely one of the best in the Victor racquet collection. (I personally do not own any MX series but I have tried and own almost all BS series, in fact all my girls at home use BS 9 & 12) Feel is good but not as direct as I wanted but again string tension and grip setup could be a big part of the factor as well. Defense speed is above average for its class, but can't comment too much as we were playing single last night and they weren't bombing smashes at me. Shaft stillness is very user friendly, it is a stiff and have a good kick on it.

Overall the MX-JJS is a good racquet; personally, I would get the 3U for singles and mix, but would venture further to 4U for doubles as I find the 3U a tard slow in mid court exchange and heated drive rallies.

** my current racquet is a 2U Ti10 purple (head light)

Cheers

Ted

8. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
  9. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

If this has the drives and defense of the MX 80 and the power of the AT900P or something similar but user-friendly as well this sounds like the ultimate racket for me! Any one care to say Yes or No, and if a Yes i'll pull the trigger and get one. Kekeke

10. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
  11. kelvin316

kelvin316 Regular Member

hello, about your ti-10, its the 3rd gen rite ? do you mean slightly head heavy ? can I know the string tension recommended stated on the sticker ? by any chance, do you know the tension recommended for both 3u ti10 and ti10ltd ? tq

12. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Thanks for the reply. I have ask around and mx jjs 3u turns out to be quite heavy dry which is around 91 or 92g. My mx 3u weight dry at 87.5 .. So buyers, beware and I advised when purchase know ur favorite weight first :) I settle for a 4u jjs weighted at 87.4g with string and grip it should be around 93g :)

13. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    most mx jjs 3u owner said that their wet weight is around 93-95g if pu grip. Thats mean 3u for mx jjs is lighter with same set up string and pu grip with other 3u racket.

#433 riffsuad, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  14. CanucksDynasty

I think you got the numbers mixed up. If a racket weighs 87.5g or 87.4g...then they are both 3U.

15. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    Hi kelvin:

My ti-10 is the 3rd gen, purple. I have both 3U and 2U, however, I did sold all my 3U version as it is too light for my liking. By no means they are light is in static weight, all my 3U version is pushing the high range of 3U which is 89g, just the head weight is light. On the other hand, the 2U version is around 93g with a slightly heavier head, makes it feels like a balance 3U racquet.

The recommendation tension on the 3rd gen is 20-22lb by Yonex (both 3U and 2U) and as far as I could remember, the LTD version is spec for the same tension range.

Cheers

Ted

16. kvn4000

kvn4000 Regular Member

sales manager
    Hi, that's why I'm feeling strange as well. This batch 3u jjs from Singapore dealer confirm that the range 3u on hand are between 91-93g. A 4u is at 87-88g..both dry.. I've purchase many rackets and to my understanding I'll assume the jjs is a little heavier than others.. JJS user perhaps can share your weapon weight thing so that buyer perhaps could know more :) Anyway thanks for your concern mate :)

17. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    I think kvn4000 is correct.

I have bought 4 4U JJS (SG Code) at just under 88 grams each, thus making them 3U in reality. I have also bough 2 3U JJS (TW Code) at 91.5 grams each, thus making them 2U in reality...

18. CanucksDynasty

I'll weigh my MX-JJS wet weight and dry weight when I have time. Wonder why it wasn't properly labelled as 2U or 3U????

19. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    Not sure. But it's not just the JJX that's like that, I find several models in the Victor range "overweight".

20. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I swear the Spira 21 is overweight too :p It has the same spec as the MX80, but feels like a lead weight in comparison.