New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Chewy369

Chewy369 Regular Member

Student
    Thanks! :) Def post some pics if you can too. All this talk is making me restless. Me want my MX80!:p

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Well, Winston has gone over to the dark side: MBS are now stocking the MX80:D.

3. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Wow, nice. Great choice for the first Victor racket in their catalog!

4. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    I hope more ppl will join the dark side :D ~~

IMG_0893 (1024x765).jpg the frame ... *first impression* :eek:

IMG_0880 (765x1024).jpg Victor ... Victory~~;)
    IMG_0881 (1024x765).jpg Nanotec ... can with-stand 20kg impact (anyone tried?) :D
    IMG_0884 (765x1024).jpg

IMG_0877 (765x1024).jpg

IMG_0879 (1024x765).jpg

IMG_0871 (598x800).jpg colour scheme is the same as my model, maybe thats why i bought the mx 80 over the other 2 lol jkjk~~

May the DARK force be with you ~?? :p

Attached Files:

5. Chewy369

Chewy369 Regular Member

Student
    Looks amazing! Love the combination of gold/black/white/red colors on the frame! One thing though, is that the original grip that came with the MX80? Or did you apply your own grip?

6. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    Chewy, its a free grip (thin and can feel the impact everytime i smash, ouch!) on top of the original grip ... the original grip doesnt feel right, kinda small ... i like a thick grip for more stability and control :)

7. Chewy369

Chewy369 Regular Member

Student
    I see, no wonder it didn't seem like Victor's original grip, just wasn't sure if it was different cause MX80 is a beast :D How good is that grip for people with sweaty hands? I think I definitely won't be using the original grip, and I do end up with sweaty hands when I'm playing.

On another note, the bag in the background, is that the bag that came with it? If so, can you take some pics as well? :p

8. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    with this stiff racket... i think you should get a thick grip to absorb the impact or you would strain your arm or wrist if you accidentally use the wrong technique :rolleyes:

thats just a normal 2 compartment bag (can put until 4 rackets) nothing special >.< compare to others using 6-10 compartment bag lol! if post here kinda out of topic~~~

9. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Still deeply in love with mine (without being creepy and scary). Paint chipping is far less than my Arc009DX used to be. I've already had one or two hefty collisions and only a small chip on the top of the frame.

I can definitely feel the difference in my arms now that I play 5 days a week but my muscles can take the hits. Last week I played at a tournament and my only complaint was my elbow but that had more to do with my bad backhand technique instead of the racket i suppose.

10. Chewy369

Chewy369 Regular Member

Student
    @ adrian

I see, did you have the bag from before or did it come with the MX80? I hear my MX80 came with a racket bag with space for 3-4 rackets, prob won't use it much compared to my BR-212F bag though.

Hm, currently I'm using a thick grip on my MX70, and I must say, I prefer a thinner grip like on my VT70. Although I will experiment and see which one is better :D

11. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    Wrapped a new grip and strung my mx80 with some zm67s yesterday. Took it for a quick hit today and bam, clashed with my friend and it died instantly. Bought it around 2 months ago and it didn't even have any chips yet! So sad...

Before
    IMG_0452.jpg

30 minutes later
    IMG_0455.jpg

12. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

That's heartbreaking Cillu! Btw how do you find the ZM67 strings....I love them!

13. adrian88

adrian88 Regular Member

Investment Line
    thats why i always give in to my partner when i know he is near me ... dont want to end up clashing and ends up like yours, cillu :crying: .... looks bad, i feel for you~!! Nice red grip and string~

14. Soybean

Soybean Regular Member

That is very depressing Cillu :( I haven't experienced any hard clashes yet myself, but seems a lot of people post about their MX80s breaking from clashes... I better be careful myself :eek: Hope you can get a new racket soon!

15. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Now I'll be patiently waiting for the new Precision by PP.

I used the old zm67s on my T2 before I sold it and I loved them, that's why I wanted to try the new version. However, I didn't get to even smash with it before that clash happened.

16. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

So there's a new version ZM67! I was wondering how you got red ones.

17. Cillu

Cillu Regular Member

Racquet Tech
  18. BlueTornado

Well what do you know, in addition to the MX80 MBS is also stocking the BS10! I wonder if / hope that it's the 2nd gen ones with only "Sword" at 5 o'clock, and that it's spec'd at S Ooooo F unlike the slightly flexier TW new spec BS10. Perhaps Winston can comment on it here himself?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'm pretty sure it's the new look with only "Sword" on the frame - the other ones went out of production a while back, and as Victor products are new on MBS, I really doubt they got old stock from somewhere :)

20. BlueTornado

Yeah true, though I think the stiffness is the deciding factor for me. If it's the flexier version, I'll pass but if it's still stiff then I'll give it some thought in the future. Though if the MX80 is really a balance between the BS10 and SW35 then I'll probably just get that and skip the other two :p