Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Agree with CM that they lost because of their mistakes (esp by him) compared to KKK/TBH. TBH were below par and made many mistakes too but less than CM, hence the loss by DEN pair, not won by MAS pair.

On another note, KKK played a more straight forward game and he smashed a lot and all out. No fancy stuffs, otherwise the result would be the opposite.

2. algonquinsmash

algonquinsmash Regular Member

Rock Haul truck operator
    No, didn't have to watch the Dane match, I seen how the Malaysians played their first two matches.. I bet you thought they wouldn't get pass LYD.Ko.. LoL actually I was kinda surprised, but when I seen the way they were playing.. I knew that they were going to beat the Danes.. An they did..by pressuring people to make mistakes..

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Right... that's what I thought... no need for me to comment further.

4. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    So you see my point.. Good

5. visor

visor Regular Member

seriously... there's nothing to discuss if you haven't even watched the match. Granted KooTan have significantly improved but ... please just go watch the match first then come back to discuss.

6. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    Did they play any different then the first two games ?

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Actually, at times, will know the outcome by seeing how KKK/TBH go into the tournament. Thats why some of us will have different predictions, that's why I have my trend thingy.You all are hyped up about technicalities.

8. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Is this trolling or what? I have to agree u 'MAY' have knowledge or 'better understanding' than any of us. But honestly, it shows how much wisdom u have my friend. Watch it before making a statement. Lose from the start? I lol-ed

9. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    KKK/TBH are playing like they don't really give too much of a damn, and they certainly don't seem to be under too much pressure. Their match against the Thai boys was somewhat funny when they went into defense from the start, while Bodin Issara went all out smashing like a madman only to run out of curry within the first 12 minutes of the match. I knew then that the Thai boys were going down in straight sets.

In their match against Boe/Moe, I seriously thought KKK/TBH were a gone case... until they chased up to deuce... then multiple deuces... KKK/TBH really fought till the end without giving up, so I think they really earned their spot in the final. I'm hoping they'll lift the title today. YYS/SBC have never met KKK/TBH as a pair... but I doubt they could outclass the Malaysian boys, but we'll see. :)

10. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Well, I have to agree with the bunch here saying that the MAS pair managed to enter into the Finals because of the mistakes made by the Danes. Yes, I do give credit to the MAS pair for taking the second set easily but if not because of mistakes made by CM towards the ending, it was gone case for the MAS. Even though I did not watch their first match against Korean, I did watch their match against the Thais. I want to disagree to those who can predict just by watching their earlier matches because KKK/TBH tend not to be consistent even in a single tournament. They can play well one day and play like **** the other... Let's see how they perform in the finals...

11. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

i tend to agree.. there is a new dimension to their game.... forcing the opponent to make mistakes.... they manage to make their boring (and self destructive) lift lift game into a weapon..... which is really weird...and to a young pair like the thais.. it was a trap that they cannot come out off .. and to the danes.. it causes stress inducing mistakes.. after mistakes.....

of course.. the better teams will be on to their treachery soon enough....i ll bet..

all in all i dare say. they deserve their final berth.. and looking forward to tonights game

12. algonquinsmash

Rock Haul truck operator
    Ok, jus seen the semi match.. What do you want to discus ?.. It's like watching them pay in 2009-2010 when they were number ONE.. Is all I've been saying.. And they create frustration with their awesome defence and unorthodox playing that confuses their opponents play.. You got to also remember they beat the Danes 7 time before this match, they know how to beat theses guys.. When the Malaysians are on their game they are very hard to beat..

13. julianng

julianng Regular Member

But what about when they lost to the korean pair sarang/kijung in the japan open last month ?

Your saying they were not at their best that time ?

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    OT -

Anyone notice that KKK's middle name is spelt wrongly on the thread title? It should be Kien.

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

It may seem like KKK/TBH are inconsistent but they have a pattern, it was more obvious during Rexy's time. Thus far,over the years, their results are close to what a few of us predicted. The usual cases are when most here predict they will lose early rounds(because they did badly the tournaments before that) while a few of us predict they will go final.

Their pattern did go haywire after Pang & TKH took over, started to stabilize during TC. Anyway, just enjoy the matches, not everyone will like this type of analysis, esp when it comes to analysing KKK/TBH :p

16. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

From what I seen during the final:

KKK goes in and out of the match. Sometimes he can still be very good, sometimes just plain terrible.
    TBH played quite well initially but botches the crucial points.

17. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    KKK got a warning from the coach not to play fancy during the 3rd game break.

18. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Agreed! But in the end, the better team deserves it. Full commitment, not wasting any shuttle, any points

19. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Seems like kootan has improved but still not good enuf. Hopefully they can continue their development

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

that's right, Koo need more consistence in defence especially no more stupid middle leg defence, while Tan need to upgrade his stamina as smash is his true weapon... look at him... no hard smash at all... unlike year 2007 and year 2010...