share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you can dream about it too!

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, that is correct, kakinami, the photos has been taken out professionally.

Ooops.. i think my question is incomplete. I wanna ask are you a professional photographer?:D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    nah. i am just an amateur who can take OK looking photos. professional photographers will laugh at those pics that i took.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If the professional photographers laugh at those pics that you have taken, challenge them on the badminton court....:p

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Boo frickin' hoo:D - try thinking about stringing most of the time and not having your own Protech!

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Man, your guys all have these fancy tool trays. My M140 does not come with any tool trays at all. So, I use a clean chinese food take out box (use to be for peking duck :-D) for the tool tray. Of course, since M140 is a portable machine, I simply just put the tray on the same table, next to the machine.

7. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

8. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    /jealous...

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    FYI, this crazy dude actually took that orange piece to AE so it can be signed... :eek:

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here are more pics of AK's Yonex ES5 Pro....

crazy dude actually took the orange piece off to take to AE. i wonder if he stuff his dirty laundry inside...

2M6Q7021.jpg

2M6Q7020.jpg

can you identify all the autographs??

2M6Q7026.jpg 2M6Q7022.jpg 2M6Q7023.jpg 2M6Q7025.jpg

11. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Alan was beaming like a happy bunny when he said to me that he got autographs from the players^^.

Anyways, pardon for the messy room and grainy pictures. This is my set-up.
    DSC_5646 40%.jpg

45 Degree view:p

DSC_5647 40%.jpg

Top View (I tried my best, my machine is sat on top of a book shelf)

DSC_5651 40%.jpg

Front View

DSC_5652 40%.jpg

The turn-table with Michal Sideposts taped with Graps to prevent strings grazing the sideposts at a certain angles. Clamps are W&D 5-tooth Universal Clamps (I actually have 2 sets, 1 for 0.70mm to 0.68mm another for 0.62mm to 0.66mm. It saves me from turning the knob on the clamp which are quite troublesome sometimes. Bought an extra set by mistake previously and decided to keep it.) Load spreaders are placed on both North and South towers but with the North tower's stock padding sawed to accommodate to stringing the top string of rackets.

DSC_5648 40%.jpg

A closer look at the tray, 2 Yonex Flying Clamps, 1 String mover, 1 Plier, 1 Cutter (These are the equipment I use to string regularly).

I also have a pair of superfine precision tweezers, an awl which I rarely ever use, Allen key for tightening of the base clamps and also another set of Load spreaders (Coloured version) from MBS that are sawed off to fit 96 holes rackets' head as the normal ones do not fit the rackets. These are all in the tray as well but are not in the shot.

Feel free to comment guys.^^

12. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    My old machine (selling) Laserfibre MS200TT with T98 double action fixed clamps:
    MS200TT.jpg

My new machine Gamma 6004 (PeteLSD's old gamma) + Wise 2086:
    GAMMA6004_WISE.jpg

Lawyer AIDROOS likes this.
  13. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

There's really no point to this thread any more - Alan's kit makes the rest of ours look like home-made cr*p.

Somebody needs to come in with some pics of a Babolat Sensor Expert Dual to knock him off his perch:D.

14. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

But it's still fun trying to modify our cheap-ass little Astra's to his Rolls Royce though. Haha

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    haha. it is not a competition! i am proud of my little and big machines. :D

16. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Here's my machine, try not to laugh too hard :crying:

This was given to me near the end of last year by a friend, he'd never used it and it'd been kicking around his shed/attic/house for a number of years. It came to me with no paperwork/manual but did include an unfortunate amount of rust. I pretty much had to strip the thing down to it's base parts. I then removed the rust with emery cloth and re-greased where needed.

The clamps that came with the machine can be seen in the final picture, the ones fitted to the machine are Watdon universal clamps (arrived last week).

As you can see it's a drop weight machine and that the side clamp position (relative ot the north/south clamps) can't be adjusted.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

From the picture below you can see the side clamps end up a little close together. This gives me the impression the machine was designed primarily with Tennis rackets in mind:
    5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Here's one of the side clamps in action, plenty of room to thread the grommets. When tightning them to the frame I have to keep shaking them to try to remove as much slack as possible. The clamps have a pole in the bottom of them that just slots into the machine so there is a ton of play. Three of the clamps are in this condition....
    8.jpg

...one isn't. That's a strip of RKEP grip functioning as a replacement cushion (I'm sure Eric would be proud). Looking at this photo I've noticed that the bottom nylon cushion has dropped and the bottom of the racket is sitting on the metal, I'll have to take a look at that. :eek:. Also note the broken knob, used for tightning the clamp to the frame, still works fine though.
    9.jpg

This is the drop weight, when I got the machine the bolt holding the weight to the lever was corroded in place. Spent and hour or two trying to free it, eventually the tapered tip of the bolt broke off :eek: and I could remove the weight. Even missing its tip the bolt still grips the lever arm fine. The scale is in Kilo's the top meter is for the single weight, the bottom is for when the second weight is attached (pictured later).
    10.jpg

Here's the gripper. This turned out to be a colossal pain in the backside as it was badly badly rusted when I got it. It's basically two plates nestled inside another two, a spring forces the inner plates apart. The inner plates are free to move against the outer plates as a set of ball bearings separate the plates. Both sets of plates have grooves milled into them and the bearings sit in these grooves. As the inner set of plates slide against the outer the bearings move along the groove, the depth of which isn't constant, so the plates are forced together and grip the string.

I had to completely disassemble this mechanism, clean the plates, the grooves and the bearings of rust. Re assembly seemed to require 3 hands but I got it done and now it runs smooth. Before I cleaned it there was sufficient resistance in the mechanism that the plates would stick and not grip the string.

If your wondering what's in the jaws of the gripper, that's masking tape. I don't know if the plates were once coated but after cleaning the plates were slippery, so sometimes the string was slipping in the gripper when under tension. I used to use a paper shim, crafted out of an old envelope but it required positioning on every pull and was eating up time. The masking tape isn't perfect but it seems to be doing the job at the moment.

11.jpg

Surprisingly the shaft of the new Watdon clamps is a better fit than the originals, leaving very little play when using the fixed clamps.
    12.jpg

You can see the lockout knob for the turntable just under the turntable. When stringing I am constantly getting my loops of string caught on all the protruding knobs, it's a real pain.
    13.jpg

Here's the tool tray, if anything pokes up it tends to stop the turntable from rotating. Also loops of string like to get caught on the handles of any pliers or cutters I might have resting in there.
    14.jpg

And finally, here are my tools.
    From bottom left: Blunt nose pliers, Cutters, Needle nose pliers, String mover (yes really) Digital scale.
    From Top Left: Old clamps (with masking tape to stop slipping), ZM62 offcut for moving strings over blocked holes on DX frames, tape measure.

1.jpg

That's it, hope you enjoyed reading :)

#36 HappySachs, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
    slavakvn likes this.
  17. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

Just got WISE installed.. will never go back to drop weight again:D
    Here's the picture:)

P1070091.jpg

18. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

Done pimping my machine. Here's the result:
    IMAG0030.jpg

Featuring WISE 2086 tension head with Kwun's alumium plate mount.
    IMAG0031.jpg

There doesn't seem to be any slant.
    IMAG0032.jpg

Featuring Michal Chudek's side supports
    IMAG0033.jpg

Gamma badminton frame support:
    IMAG0034.jpg

And Watdon's badminton fixed clamps:
    IMAG0035.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, I hate photos :p

19. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

nice setup ....
    maybe can share to us how you make the support to prevent the slant ?
    thanks

20. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

I have to say that it happened unintentionally.

The only thing I did special is that the line formed by the bottom holes on the plate are at 90 degrees perfectly. There's maybe a 2-5 degrees angle. This lifts up the diablo little bit while not compromising the 360 degrees rotation.

Aside from that, all the holes are drilled (approximately) straight into the plate and the wise is tightly screwed on the plate.