Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I strung mine at 30 to 32lbs. Either i string it myself or some pll will string for me. At the moment it is still ok... have been using it for sometime now.

2. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    The higher the tension, the harder you have to hit the shuttle to have the trampoline effect, especially for smashing. I have my own stringer, and after a few restringings, I found 27#s ideal for my style. Prefer BG80 over NGY95.

3. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Mine is using BG66s @ 28lbs at the moment. Very nice, I might say. No problems yet.

4. Nsmaling

Nsmaling Regular Member

Student
    I hope you can help me all. I have always played with the At 700 Special edition, but they are all gone so now i need new rackets. I think the best successors will be or the Nanospeed 9900 of the Amortec 900 power. I am a attacking player and I like to play with stiff heavy head rackets, can somebody give me an advice? Thanks

5. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Are you only considering Yonex racquets only ? Both NS9900 and AT900P doesn't play like AT700. I presume you are referring to AT700 Limited edition ? The closest to that would of course be the current version of AT700.

One of the closest racquet in feel to the AT700 is SOTX CP5000, I have one and it plays very similar to the AT700.

6. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    If you're familar with AT700 and prefer stiff heavy head rackets, AT900P will be more suitable for you as NS9900 will be a bit on the head light side, tho' it is a very stiff racket.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

You can still get AT700 in 3U. They are pretty much the same racquet except the paint job. (That is what the evil empire told me...)

8. encikdanger

encikdanger New Member

engineer
    I bought NS9900 last week at Pertama Complexs for RM700, equipt with string BG65 on 26lbs. Second time using it yesterday.

My first impression is very lighweight racket. I missed a few return and had week smashing at first 2 or 3 set. But after second session, i was blended together with racket. I react fast, delivered powerfull smash, quick return and i think it was amazing. The only regret is that i removed the original leather grip which makes the handle feels hard and much smaller. I'm a smasher type of player which i'm more confortable with bigger handle.

During the game last night, i had clashed with my friend's old MP77 racket. Luckily he just hit my racket's handle and my small finger. His racket's broke and mine escape without single scratch. Fuuhhh...real scary..

My overall recommendation is save your money and get this racket! And don't remove the original grip as it will give you softer feelings when holding it.

9. kc2626

kc2626 Regular Member

Planning to get NS9.9K soon. Before that can recommend me what string shld i use and at what tension.

Really clueless in terms of string types and tension.

10. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

dun go for nbg98...too soft and lose tension quite quick

11. deathscythe

deathscythe Regular Member

Corporate Services
    may refer to Dinkalot string review & then u can decide for yourself

12. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    Can you please advice where the dinkalot string review is please...

Also i have just bought 2 ns9900 and i strung 1 racket with bg65@25x27lbs and it felt ok maybe because it was the first session using it, but 2nd session i had my other racket strung with nbg-95 at 26x28lbs and that felt an played awesome i would reccomend that set up at this moment in time.

13. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

i'm currently using nbg98 with the ns9900 and they are fine.

14. deathscythe

deathscythe Regular Member

Corporate Services
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38509
    U shouldn't miss this as u can see this thread the moment u click on "String" tab.

15. Plutarch

Plutarch Regular Member

IBM developer
    got ns9.9k last week, tried it out yesterday, after being an arc10 user. went from 26lbs bg80 on arc to 27lbs bg70 ns and i have to say, i prefer the ns by far. i assumed i would have a lot of trouble adjusting to the new balance and stiffness, but it seemed to suit me more. i would actually consider going at about 29-30 tension, since i think i could use a bit more, and the string is going to soften up a bit soon.
    things i noticed was, that head light suits me a lot more, to the point where i actually smash better with ns in one day, than i did with arc for about 8 months. angles are faster, reaction time is better, so i can get in a good swing, where with arc i might have had to pick a different shot. feels solid. i recommend. went from being an arc10 fan to ns in a day. actually took me a while to adjust to arc10, but played with ns as if i had been for months.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

yeah the arc10 is far more rigid so it takes alot longer to adjust to the arc10 whereas the ns9900 is alot easier to get use to and I think that it is a great racquet:D

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Just a small update

I relised the problem with why I didn't like it
    As I was used to towel grip and a G4 grip in comparison to what I had with my ns9900 with no overgrip and a G3 size :D
    What I did was I added a towel grip and it seems to have done the trick I really like the racquet again

18. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Tried out the NS9900 for a bit yesterday. Very very fast racquet, much faster than the other nanospeeds. Powerful too, and feels good. Unlike the NS9000X which sometimes feels hollow and has poor headspeed for a nanospeed, the NS9900 felt exceptionally responsive and quick. More forgiving, and also more rewarding I think.

19. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Yes it is... Good accuracy too, placement of shots are very accurate if you hit it right.

20. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Is it just me or the string,i felt better while playing with its brother,NS9000X.Last time i strung my 9000X at 28lbs,BG85.Now i'm using a 24lbs 9900 65ti.Felt weird.No power.Maybe i should restring it before i can say anything about that.