Dionysisus Hayom Rumbaka-Indonesia Rising Star !!

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by fathonezic, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Actually, when Hayom was a teenager, he got beat up by many competitors domestically on a regular basis. Hayom's best accomplishment was reaching the semifinals of INA's national championships... :p We cannot say he didn't have real competition domestically when he was a teenager... :p Bandar Sigit Pamungkas, Nugroho Andi Saputra, Yoga Pratama were his tough opponents back then...

Hayom started winning domestic and international tournaments in 2009... Not before that... In 2007 Hayom lost a rubber set match to Chen Yu of China at the Russian Open, he was a real competition, right? So the fact that he regularly lost matches all the way to the end of 2008 means that at least the competition is hard enough not to allow him to win... :p

#121 Krisna, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  2. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I was just wondering why he was playing so relaxed... Even TH 10 years ago were more aggressive than him, not to say SDK. Hayom played like Simon in 2005 -- but we all know what Simon has achieved. ;)

My guess is that, he didn't have much competition from kids around him when he was like 13 - 16 years old. That's the time when you form your attitude on court. LD/LCW was nobody at that age -- not the tallest, not the one with best skill, not coaches' favorite, etc. -- that's why they grow up to be fighters. On the other hand we have TH -- but TH is so naturally talented that he doesn't need to fight even when playing at top level. :cool:

3. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

Wow, so accurate guessing

When 13-15 or 14-15 y.o, Hayom joined to PB. Pikiran Rakyat, Tasikmalaya (quiet far from his hometown Yogyakarya for junior high school kid). We didn't hear his performance in this age.
    In 15 y.o he back to Yogyakarta and just compete in small event in Yogyakarta.
    He joined to PB. Djarum in 2005 (more 16 y.o age), quite late for intensive training.
    Until middle 2008 he still behind compare his clubmate like Bandar Sigit Pamungkas, or Nugroho Andi Saputro.

#123 Sandy, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    I dont think so :D

until 13 yo, he joined every competitions. many competitions were held both in Kulon Progo, Sleman, Bantul and Yogyakarta. He joined all.
    and you know, he joined all divisions. when he was 12 yo, beside Pemula division, he also joined Remaja and Taruna division as well. in Kejurda kulon Progo, He also even joined Dewasa division :eek:

can you believe it ?? :eek:
    in one tournament, he can play 4-6 games every day.
    and he almost won all. except Taruna and Dewasa may be.
    even, he can still reached semifinal or final in Taruna when he was still 11-13.
    At 15 yo, No one can beat him in Yogyakarta province ;)
    He won all division, until Dewasa I thought (I forgot about this :p)

As i remembered, he also went into final in a such national competition level held in Yogyakarta. maybe at 14/15 yo :confused: Someone from Semen Gresik (anyone can confirm :confused:) beat him in Final. He was the one and probably the only player from unknown club like Pancing Sembada Sleman that could enter as far as semifinal.
    I dont know, but maybe anyone can confirm about this coz i dont clearly remember.

#124 fathonezic, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  5. fathonezic

Consultant
    yes...
    he joined Pikiran Rakyat for about 1 year or a bit more.
    came back and joined Pancing again just to won all competitions after that.

oh, i think he also recruited by Pelatda Aqua Inside... i think...

6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I heard he was sent to Tasikmalaya by his parents to live with his grandparents because he was so naughty when he was young... :p

7. fathonezic

Consultant
    not just naughty....:p
    his mark on raport was very bad at all :p
    i can say that "6" was a very good mark for him :p

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Next tournament for Hayom is BAC next month. With his current WR, possibly he'll place 9/16 seeding position.

9. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Like you mentioned, he did compete at many tournaments and competitions. But, to repeat what's ye333 referring to, he probably did not get enough competition from other kids at that ages.
    Means, he should have jump to higher level competition at that time since he almost won all the time with the competition level that he participated

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Oh well, hahaha... :p I don't think what ye333 wrote is correct at all. For Hayom's case ye333's analysis is just flawed in many different levels, that I don't have time to explain how wrong it is. But anyway, it's all in the past now... :p

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

He has the makings of a great player, if he is focused mentally and works further on his physical game.

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    With respect to ye333, he wasn't making a detailed asessment of Rumbaka's playing style through his past. I think he was simply implying that players who do not get challenged enough at a young age may be susceptible to being laid back, shot makers as they were more often than not on the attack, they could relax more & try out new shots.

He was trying to suggest a reason why Rumbaka may play like this (and in his defence others did partially agree!).

Why people play like this is also due to behavioural traits, coaching style or any other factor we could mention.

With better knowledge of Rumbaka could you enlighten us more as to what shapes his playing style?

Personally I would say he is a pretty typical INA player (no suprises as he is INA:D).

13. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I was trying to understand Hayom's style... So it would be great if you can shed some light on this...:)

Actually, IMHO there is a "change of style" around 00-01 in Indonesian MS. Before that, most of them are fighters, Joko, Alan, Ardi, and of course Hendrawan, who was always fighting from the very first minute to the very last one. Around 00-01 it's kind of a mixture. SDK was somewhat a fighter, but TH was not (but as I said, TH could comfortably stay in Indo's top 3 -- more precisely world top 5 -- without taking a single half chance). Then Simon and Hayom. Both IMHO too relaxed. Now, accompanying this "change of style" is the decline of Indonesian MS. My suspicion is that the latter is the reason of the former -- As competition is minimal, the more technical players can toy most opponents around and form the habit of not taking half chances.

Finally, I should mention that although TH plays very relaxed, I can feel that he in fact sees every chance, he is just too lazy to take them. :cool:

#133 ye333, Mar 31, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hehehe, in my opinion, Hayom does not play with a relaxed style... :) Maybe he looked a bit relaxed while playing Eric Pang, but that's maybe because Eric is not a tough opponent for him. This discussion on INA's relaxed style blablabla does not apply to Hayom. :p

Oh, I agree that in INA, in general the temperament/mood of the population is 'relaxed'. We're a tropical volcanic archipelago. For centuries, we have fertile land, plenty of water [thus, ample food supply], rich natural resources, no winter, no drought, no hurry, ....just chill... :p

#134 Krisna, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  15. fathonezic

Consultant
    oohh... hayom did very bad result in BAC 2010 :(

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hayom need some more yeasts, to rise under the heat:):p

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, unimpressive performance by Hayom.
    After lost to Chen Jin & Chen Long at last month AE & Swiss SS respectively, he gave up to lesser known TPE player Chou Tien Chen.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

At this stage, EVERY badminton players will be known of their CONSISTENCY. Here is where Lin Dan and Lee chong wei different from other players;)

19. fathonezic

Consultant
    agree...
    but maybe you forget about Peter Gade :D

20. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Agree, although Peter Gade hasn't won any of OG or WC yet, he maintain his performance to stay in top 10 for years.