*New! Adidas Badminton

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by derrickn, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

That I what i'm thinking all long! Same thoughts dude :D
    For example, the adipower tour should be strung with BLACK strings then make the 3 strips stencil RED! I'm definitely going to make one myself if I have a adidas racket one day.

#1241 Cycril, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. cschun86

cschun86 Regular Member

Adizero Pro is on sale on MBS.

3. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Actually Red Strings with black stencil adidas logo will look gorgeous as well! too bad i dunno how to stencil the logo...hehe

4. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

by painting the racket? :D

5. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Kwun,

I have already ordered the Duoforce and am waiting for the mailman to deliver it to me. I'm still thinking of buying the Adizero Pro and see how it performs, but I'm not sure if I should since I have a Duoforce coming.

Is it possible for you to give us your impressions on how the Duoforce and Adizero Pro fare against one another especially in terms of strength and weakness? This will definitely help people decide which racket to go with and whether I should buy the Adizero Pro to try for myself. Unfortunately I'm not as well connected as you and I can't demo the rackets for free. :(

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    review are no match for real experience. bite the bullet :D

7. Sgt_Strider

lol! I bought two rackets in under 48 hours. Three is pushing it unless I have a good reason to do so!

8. leo11

leo11 Regular Member

bite the bullet, three in under 72 hours. :D

9. Sgt_Strider

Not sure if I really need a third racket. Right now the FB is going to be my primary double rackets with the Duoforce serving as a singles and mixed doubles racket. I definitely want to know how the Adizero Pro fare against the Duoforce from an expert like Kwun.

10. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Here yesterday. String today. Play tomorrow :)

20130510_022446_resized.jpg

p/s : Racket finishing (paint and sticker) is sub par compare to other high ends like YY, V & LN. Hope it'll improve in future.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

iirc, kwun mentioned somewhere that the adizero pro is very similar to the arc fb... but better :)

12. Sgt_Strider

I can't really tell from the picture. I'm guessing you used a camera phone to snap the picture? So the Duoforce doesn't look as nice as the pictures from Kwun's review?

13. Sgt_Strider

Adizero Pro is head heavy though and I don't recalled him mentioning that it's similar to an FB in his review thread.

14. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Yup i'm using a phone camera. Earlier there's a forumer mentioned the lower quality or QC on finishing as well. You'll get what i mean once yours arrive hahaha.

15. Sgt_Strider

So yours don't look as nice as the one in Kwun's thread?

16. Sgt_Strider

I just checked the tracking number and my Adidas Duoforce is at customs! Man, that's fast! I'm crossing my fingers that there will be no issues and that they'll deliver the item to me before the end of today. If that happens, I'll get it strung by tomorrow so that I can use it this Sunday!

17. chunkee

chunkee Regular Member

Golf Pro
    4 Rackets within 30 days~~~:D

18. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Too eager and couldn't stand waiting till sunday to try the adipower tour. Hence, decided to go to my friend's session tonight and try out. Sad to say, my 1st impression of the racquet is pretty bad to be honest. 2 main reasons....1stly, the string tension from MBS is really sub-par, my 26lbs felt like 22-23lbs and even my spare racquets tension is higher. 2ndly, this racquet is too flexible I think. Having come from playing with flexible and even-balance racquet previously, until I slowly change to slightly stiffer racquets in the form of my Victor Meteor & BS series, it still took me quite sometime to get used to the flexy nature of the racquet....while it's whippy, but it totally lack power and I need to use more wrist to generate the power....as I mentioned b4, I'm not sure the lack of power is due to the low tension or the flexy shaft, but my baseline smash simply can't make it....the control of this racquet is quite bad as well, it's too bouncy for me to direct my shots for accurate & consistent clears or strokes....it's also quite unforgiving as I find the sweetspot pretty small....this racquet is definitely quite light and even-balance....I thought it was more of a 4U racquet and it felt more lighter than my 4U MX-JJS and BS-LYD....defence is good as I could swing my racquet faster and the reaction was also faster, hence drives was also faster albeit the bouncy shots make it hard for me to keep it flat....overall it took me some time to get used to the faster swing action as I mistimed quite a few smashes initially...I'll be cutting away the string and going for a re-string tml.....hopefully during my Sun game, I can give more positive feedbacks after string problem is settled.....sorry if I burst the bubble of those interested in this model....but frankly speaking, it juz doesn't feel right for me....I've tried so many Victor racquets and I've always able to adapt to their racquet pretty fast for Victor models as their racquet are pretty consistent and reliable, it's only abt finding the right balance and weight of the racquet....but this adipower tour seems to be lacking the edge in quite a few departments....fyi, my current 1st choice of racquet used is a 3U MX-60 followed by 4U MX-JJS....while JJS is abit stiff to my liking, at times it's pretty useful for different types of opponents....sorry if my post is abit hard to read as I can't seem to enter new paragraphs?

19. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ what string and frequency ?

that would help us determine
    how far off the tension is

20. zionong

zionong Regular Member

I have already posted. It's a few pages back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.